HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

View Poll Results: Which would you draft this upcoming summer?
Mikhail Grigorenko 53 42.40%
Nail Yakupov 54 43.20%
Other 18 14.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2012, 01:44 PM
  #876
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Apparently Tanner Pearson has started playing center. From a recent ohlprospects game report:

Maybe Barrie fans can help me out with this one, but when did the Colts start playing Pearson at center? First time I've seen it, and he actually looked good. He's such a smart player and sees the ice so well. His anticipation and reads make him a terrific playmaker. He gave his linemates (Colin Behenna and Anthony Camara) a couple of really nice feeds, but they couldn't finish. Playing center also showcased how strong of a two way player he's become too, as he was very committed on the backcheck, covering off for pinching defenseman. Had a couple of chances where he found room in the slot for a big shot, but couldn't hit the net. I think he was probably the best player on the ice.
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/201...-february.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
First of all Leblanc isn't going anywhere or Tinordi,but Brassard will most likely be a Hab before the trade deadline.Gauthier and Howson have a good accord and the Habs have made it public they are interested.When Gauthier wants a player he usually gets a deal made.
Where did you hear this?


Last edited by Roulin: 02-10-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Roulin is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 02:37 PM
  #877
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Would love to get Brass, but he's been playing really well and it wouldn't surprise me if the Jackets wanted to give him a bit more time to show he could be part of their team going forward. So I doubt he'd be dealt at the deadline.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 03:42 PM
  #878
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd be willing to pay a 2nd for him. I think he might work well with Plekanec and on our PP and if he doesn't work out, no big deal.
I'm not. He's not the player he was projected to be. Yes he's young, but they've ruined him much like half their prospects. I'd rather take a shot at an eligible that's gonna slip in the 2nd round and nab him early.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 04:38 PM
  #879
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I'm not. He's not the player he was projected to be. Yes he's young, but they've ruined him much like half their prospects. I'd rather take a shot at an eligible that's gonna slip in the 2nd round and nab him early.
Wouldn't you want to turn the tables for once instead of being the team that gives up a young player not fitting in for not much?

Brass has skills, and he's playing really well right now. If the Jackets deal him for a 2nd, I take that deal and run.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 04:46 PM
  #880
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I'm not. He's not the player he was projected to be. Yes he's young, but they've ruined him much like half their prospects. I'd rather take a shot at an eligible that's gonna slip in the 2nd round and nab him early.
Sadly, 2nd rounders have a pretty low chance of even being as good as what Brassard is now, even in his fallen state.

I'd be pretty hesitant over trading something more significant than a 2nd though. Then again, with Desharnais and Eller in the fold and pretty good wing depth it doesn't seem like Montreal has a particular need for a Brassard type player anyway.

Talks to Goalposts is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 04:47 PM
  #881
brunosevigny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Wouldn't you want to turn the tables for once instead of being the team that gives up a young player not fitting in for not much?

Brass has skills, and he's playing really well right now. If the Jackets deal him for a 2nd, I take that deal and run.
Maybe for a 2nd in 2013 since we have 2 but I just can't see Brassard like an offensively good asset for us. I think he is a 2nd-3rd line forward, players that we already plenty have.

brunosevigny is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 04:47 PM
  #882
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
Would want nothing to do with Brassard, no place for him here.

Zeroknowledge* is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 04:57 PM
  #883
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
Maybe for a 2nd in 2013 since we have 2 but I just can't see Brassard like an offensively good asset for us. I think he is a 2nd-3rd line forward, players that we already plenty have.
I'd much rather trade our 2012 second and keep our 2 2013 since it's a lot deeper and we might be able to get first-round talent with one if not both.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 05:16 PM
  #884
brunosevigny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
It is really not difficult, we absolutely need a franchise type forward. Since we're not a cup containder team, forget about the free agency market. Our only options are draft or trade. I would overpay to land players like that. Here are the players I think we should go for players among theses:

Radulov, Nash (Probably not available), Huberdeau, Yakupov, Grigorenko.

If impossible, Forsberg and Galchenyuk are good options. IMO I prefer Galchenyuk than Forsberg since I think he has kind of a tunnel vision.
For 2nd liners, I really like Paajarvi and D. Brown in L.A.

I don't know why, but I really have a feeling that i'm going to be disapointed about the trade deadline and the entry draft. I guess we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I'd much rather trade our 2012 second and keep our 2 2013 since it's a lot deeper and we might be able to get first-round talent with one if not both.
IMO its not about the year but the positioning. Our 2012 will probably be between 30-40 and our 2013 is unlikely to be that high. Unless the injury issue, the team would probably have been in the playoffs or real close.


Last edited by Habsfan18: 02-10-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: merge
brunosevigny is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 07:27 PM
  #885
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,619
vCash: 500
@em, no I don't. Again I'd rather try out a fresh player who will slip into the 2nd round. Many good prospects are found in that range. And they WILL be found in that range this year and the year after. Every year there are a few that do that. And as someone mentioned it's not like he offers something that this team severely lacks: physical edge/super talent/veteran top4 D/etc.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 07:35 PM
  #886
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
I was all for tanking and trying to get that top 3 pick.
I have changed my tune.
It is not in the best interest of the team, and u know they aint going to play to lose.
Look what we got last year picking 17th. Not bad.
I want to watch good hockey and winning attitude.

charlie is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 07:43 PM
  #887
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
I was all for tanking and trying to get that top 3 pick.
I have changed my tune.
It is not in the best interest of the team, and u know they aint going to play to lose.
Look what we got last year picking 17th. Not bad.
I want to watch good hockey and winning attitude.
Wrong thread.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 07:56 PM
  #888
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,436
vCash: 500
I think I will be disappointed if we don't get one of Grigorenko, Yakupov, Forsberg or Galchenyuk. We either need an elite winger for Plekanec or an elite centre to replace him.

OneSharpMarble is online now  
Old
02-10-2012, 07:57 PM
  #889
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
I was all for tanking and trying to get that top 3 pick.
I have changed my tune.
It is not in the best interest of the team, and u know they aint going to play to lose.
Look what we got last year picking 17th. Not bad.
I want to watch good hockey and winning attitude.
Wrong philosophy. Wrong mentality. Wrong everything. But I respect your opinion.

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 08:06 PM
  #890
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,532
vCash: 500
Vancouver Giants play Everett Silvertips tonight on Starchoice(Shaw) - ch. 299. Probably available only in Western Canada.

Should be good to see Gallagher and Ryan Murray play against each other.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
02-10-2012, 08:24 PM
  #891
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Vancouver Giants play Everett Silvertips tonight on Starchoice(Shaw) - ch. 299. Probably available only in Western Canada.

Should be good to see Gallagher and Ryan Murray play against each other.
They've both said at the WJC how much they hated each other in the WHL esp. Murray because Gally ran over their goalie all the time

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 09:24 PM
  #892
Stephaaane
Registered User
 
Stephaaane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Anyone has a little scouting report on Matej Beran? Satistically, he's intriguing.

6''05, 205lbs, center, shoots left, rookie season with PEI, 56 pts/53 games.

Stephaaane is offline  
Old
02-10-2012, 11:47 PM
  #893
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,436
vCash: 500
And the Tank rolls along, Buffalo with a win, Anaheim and Carolina with the loser points. Now we just need Pacioretty to catch a 2 month flu!

OneSharpMarble is online now  
Old
02-11-2012, 02:53 AM
  #894
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
Anyone has a little scouting report on Matej Beran? Satistically, he's intriguing.

6''05, 205lbs, center, shoots left, rookie season with PEI, 56 pts/53 games.
I read an article about him last week,his coach says he has a great attitude and works hard at both ends of the rink.The Habs should keep an eye on him and try to draft him in the 4th round.There is another article on the NHL .com about Radek Faksa and he sounds like another power forward at center they say he's 6'3 and 203 lbs.but they figure he'll be about 220 when he's filled out and he's a good playmaker.He was picked as the Habs 1st round choice at 8th overall by all three mock drafts.They say he's the 4th highest forward in the 2012 draft.Sounds like a pretty good player along the type of player David Backes is for St. Louis Blues IMO.

S Bah is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 10:12 AM
  #895
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moon
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I read an article about him last week,his coach says he has a great attitude and works hard at both ends of the rink.The Habs should keep an eye on him and try to draft him in the 4th round.There is another article on the NHL .com about Radek Faksa and he sounds like another power forward at center they say he's 6'3 and 203 lbs.but they figure he'll be about 220 when he's filled out and he's a good playmaker.He was picked as the Habs 1st round choice at 8th overall by all three mock drafts.They say he's the 4th highest forward in the 2012 draft.Sounds like a pretty good player along the type of player David Backes is for St. Louis Blues IMO.
4rth round ? Won't he go in the 2nd ?

Richiebottles is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 10:41 AM
  #896
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Baxter View Post
4rth round ? Won't he go in the 2nd ?
His skating is terrible, can't see him going in the top 2 rounds.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
  #897
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moon
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
His skating is terrible, can't see him going in the top 2 rounds.
Ahh okok. Well it would be a nice late round pickup. Skating can be worked on for sure.

Richiebottles is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:13 AM
  #898
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Baxter View Post
Ahh okok. Well it would be a nice late round pickup. Skating can be worked on for sure.
Another power forward that may be available in the 2nd or 3rd round is LW Brian Hart, he's playing for Exeter in New Hampshire and is going to Harvard next year.Out of all the players in the USHS's Cristoval Nieves is the only one that will go in the first round and Hart is the next top player out of that system.He fits the model type of player the Habs are drafting,signing as UFA's and trading for,Radek Faksa also fits into the power forward/center the Habs love and need,he plays for Kitchener of the OHL.


Last edited by S Bah: 02-11-2012 at 11:18 AM.
S Bah is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:15 AM
  #899
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Baxter View Post
Ahh okok. Well it would be a nice late round pickup. Skating can be worked on for sure.
It's not just his speed it's technique, he has a hunched over skating style.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:20 AM
  #900
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
They've both said at the WJC how much they hated each other in the WHL esp. Murray because Gally ran over their goalie all the time
I liked the way Murray played last night. I was a bit disappointed with his performance in the WJC, especially as the competition got tougher, it felt like he was a bit overwhelmed against the best juniors in the world. But, against the Giants, he looked very comfortable and capable. He played a lot of minutes against Gallagher, who had a lot more time and space when Murray wasn't on the ice. I would of liked to see Murray take a few chances and show some spontaneity but that doesn't seem to be his style at all.

I'd be more than happy with Murray on the Habs but I wouldn't take him Top 5 in this years draft not only based on need but also I think we could do better with some of the other players available.

Frozenice is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.