HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Video Games III

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

vCash: 500
Wish I had a PC to play Skyrim and other games on.
Have to stick to Xbox, but it's not that bad.

Old
02-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Cush
-inator

Mass Effect 3 demo on Tuesday. In other news, the Steam Workshop for Skyrim is great.....makes things so much easier

Old
02-10-2012, 06:58 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Mass Effect 3 demo on Tuesday. In other news, the Steam Workshop for Skyrim is great.....makes things so much easier
Now with search function! Only big thing it could use now is more detailed descriptions/screenshots etc.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Anyone playing DOTA2? Finally got an invite.
I have had a key for a bit. Don't play it that much to be fair.

Old
02-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

I just got early access to the ME3 demo from the facebook app where you have to press a random order of 4 buttons. Got it on my 2nd try (you have 3 tries every 2 hours it said.)

For Xbox only though.

There's also a guy on ****** giving out early access codes every few hours if you're interested.
http://www.***********/r/masseffect/c...ox_demo_codes/
and
http://www.***********/r/Games/commen...ox_demo_codes/

Gonna take me awhile to download it since my Dad is visiting and he always uses up a lot of the bandwidth doing who knows what

Edit: not even able to connect to xbox live right now, heh. Redeemed my code online though, luckily.

Old
02-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Devil Dancer

I have zero interest in the ME3 demo. I want to go in knowing as little about it as possible.

Right now I'm going through the DLC with my "true" Shepard in preparation for ME3. Mordin, Tali and half the crew, including Chambers, died, but this is the Shepard I connected with, so I'm sticking with her. Plus I got Morinth on this playthrough, and I hate Samara.

Also, the DLC (other than Shadow Broker) sucks.

Old
02-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
I have zero interest in the ME3 demo. I want to go in knowing as little about it as possible.

Right now I'm going through the DLC with my "true" Shepard in preparation for ME3. Mordin, Tali and half the crew, including Chambers, died, but this is the Shepard I connected with, so I'm sticking with her. Plus I got Morinth on this playthrough, and I hate Samara.

Also, the DLC (other than Shadow Broker) sucks.

Haven't done any of the DLC, i've just beaten the games... don't do many side missions or things like that, although i will on my 2nd playthrough. I know i've missed out on a lot of what makes the game so good.

Demo doesn't spoil much, the 2 levels have already been shown (although if you haven't seen them yet to keep yourself on a blackout, that makes sense)

I didn't have anyone die on the Suicide mission, although my friend did tell me what i needed to upgrade, and then i made the right choices on my own about assignments.

Old
02-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

I was really skeptical of the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, but after playing an hour i really like it.

Love the Adept class, used it most of the time.
Also unlocked a Krogan for Soldier, definitely took a round or 2 to get used to.

There are 2 maps (so far, there might be more i unlock later) and they are both Survival gamemodes, like Nazi Zombies, or Gears of War Horde.

Each Class you start off with a human, and a few points to spend on powers.
Huge level system with power unlocks, armor unlocks, weapon unlocks, and then the best part, character unlocks. Im close to unlocking the Asari for Adept, can't wait.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Marshall
Too right, man.

Did anyone play Alan Wake? It's coming out for the PC Thursday and I'm somewhat interested in it.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Yes. Buddy of mine really liked it.

I was meh. It was fun, but I'm not sure it's a clear buy from the start. For one of those reduction in prices/crazy Steam Sales, I would be all over it. It's an interesting concept, but struggling with all the innovation that has gone on with games.

On 360, I just played it at my buddy's house for a day or two, beat most of it, and that was plenty.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Devil Dancer

Agreed, I'd wait for it to get down below $10 on Steam before picking it up. I think it's worth playing, and it does some interesting things, especially if you're a fan of horror, but the gameplay gets pretty repetitive.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Integral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Did anyone play Alan Wake? It's coming out for the PC Thursday and I'm somewhat interested in it.
It's polished, but it's also incredibly repetitive. The gameplay gets boring pretty quickly.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Cush
-inator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Agree with DD, wait till it goes on sale. It's fun, but really short. (I never played the DLC, so I'm not sure how much it adds)

Old
02-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Marshall
Too right, man.

Nice, thanks for the advice. Will definitely hold off.

Starting my re-play of ME2 as well. Going from SWTOR to Mass Effect 2, well, the graphical difference is obvious. To put it mildly.

Old
02-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Jordan Mechner is remaking Karateka

http://www.gamespot.com/news/prince-...ig-hit-6350413

Old
02-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

If you have a 360, and don't mind playing it on that (it runs fine, controls are ok for it) then I'm certain you could get it for pretty cheap at a Gamestop or secondary market store for a decent price, if you're set on getting to play it.

If you need PC version, yeah, waiting is best.

I'm a bit torn on my ME2 play through. I don't really want to play through it. But I do want my Shepard to go through, and to keep some of the characters i might not have earned and might have pissed off. Like I screwed up the romance angle with my talking to Jack a bit when I didn't really think about it.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

I'm in the same boat, and am conflicted.

At the beginning of ME2, didn't they actually give you the option, after importing your character, to retcon your past actions?

e.g. You import your same character, who looks the same, but they give you the option of altering to whom you were loyal throughout the previous game, who you allowed to die at a few key moments, and who survived?

I think you can import but alter to whom you were loyal, at least going by the ME2 import process. That sounds really appealing, rather than leveling another character to 60 just to avoid crossing the streams.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Yeah. Since I probably will buy PC (Which I didn't have a ME1 for, since I played it on 360) I can always download a saved game with what I want.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:34 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
I'm in the same boat, and am conflicted.

At the beginning of ME2, didn't they actually give you the option, after importing your character, to retcon your past actions?

e.g. You import your same character, who looks the same, but they give you the option of altering to whom you were loyal throughout the previous game, who you allowed to die at a few key moments, and who survived?

I think you can import but alter to whom you were loyal, at least going by the ME2 import process. That sounds really appealing, rather than leveling another character to 60 just to avoid crossing the streams.
In ME2 the only decision you make at start (other than your class, which was nice to be able to change) is Anderson vs. Udina for the council... because that is a decision that occurred after the final save during ME1 (and hence is impossible to import). Assuming you mean the 360 version, since the PS3 got that interactive comic thingy to make those decisions.

For the PC there will probably be a dummy background creator tool, just like there was for DA2, made by the modding community. Nice to be able to see all of the choices spelled out and mix and match. Going through both games (perhaps twice, if you want all the level bonuses) to get the perfect setup is rather daunting if you regret anything about your previous saves.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

I will go in and start a game using an import tonight, but I thought there were more options than that.

Have played it primarily on 360, but also on PC.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

I'm sorta confused on te problem.
I beat ME1 and was able to import just find, and then beat ME2.
Plan to import him into ME3

I've also started a ME1 2nd play through as a renegade vanguard... Wanted to beat that and me2, with all side missions before ME3, but with the ME3 demo and Skyrim, those plans have really stalled.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
I will go in and start a game using an import tonight, but I thought there were more options than that.

Have played it primarily on 360, but also on PC.

There are. If you didn't play the first one it'll make the choices for you... Although that's not really an "option."

Old
02-15-2012, 09:52 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
I'm sorta confused on te problem.
I beat ME1 and was able to import just find, and then beat ME2.
Plan to import him into ME3

I've also started a ME1 2nd play through as a renegade vanguard... Wanted to beat that and me2, with all side missions before ME3, but with the ME3 demo and Skyrim, those plans have really stalled.
It's more about metagaming. Playing ME2 you see which choices in ME1 mattered, and get kind of an inkling for which ones will matter even more in ME3. If you didn't make those choices, or didn't build the way you want to, you've got to go back and play through again and do it the right way.

Which is fine. It's fun to go back and go through it again after a long time off. Refresh yourself with the mechanics and get re-immersed a bit. But it can be tedious if you really want to go all-out and get things down perfectly.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Cush
-inator

I'm just wondering how they are going to handle the outcome of ME2 (who made it through the last mission...and what if your Shep died?)

Looks like they altered the opening of ME3. Instead of starting with the trial (aftermath of The Arrival dlc) it pretty much starts with the invasion. The intro is pretty disappointing overall, they just toss in the invasion with no build up. And despite everything that has happened, it seems that leaders are still somewhat skeptical of the whole Reaper thing.

Last edited by Cush: 02-15-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old
02-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
I'm just wondering how they are going to handle the outcome of ME2 (who made it through the last mission...and what if your Shep died?)

Looks like they altered the opening of ME3. Instead of starting with the trial (aftermath of The Arrival dlc) it pretty much starts with the invasion. The intro is pretty disappointing overall, they just toss in the invasion with no build up

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with the opening. Holding onto hope that it's just the opening for the demo, but I doubt it.
ME2 demo opening was the same as the regular games.

Closed Thread