HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dominic Moore is the most obviously bitter ex Ranger in history.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:05 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
Dominic Moore is the most obviously bitter ex Ranger in history.

I've hated his guts for a long time, but today...I just have to make a post. I've never felt such extreme hatred for another ex Ranger in my life.

Tell me I'm not the only one who sees this?

It stems from the Bertuzzi hit on his brother, and The Rangers letting him go, but now he's taking it to another level. His bitterness has now manifested into an cheap shot not unlike the one that ended his brothers career. Granted, Bertuzzis looked more violent, but this one was just as premeditated, in my opinion.

Anything less than 10 games is a joke. His goal was to injure, period.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:07 AM
egelband

anyone have a video? i missed the game...

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:12 AM
Blueblood 2

He is bitter. No doubt about it. He was also checked by Feds just before this cheap shot. Shannahan will call this premeditated. Suspension on the way.

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Giacomin

It stems from the Bertuzzi hit on his brother, and The Rangers letting him go, but now he's taking it to another level. His bitterness has now manifested into an cheap shot not unlike the one that ended his brothers career. Granted, Bertuzzis looked more violent, but this one was just as premeditated, in my opinion.

I think saying the hit tonight and the fact that the Rangers let him go are both stretching it a little bit as far as tonights hit. It was a dirty dangerous hit and I am sure the league will take appropriate action.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:55 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

He plays this way all the time, not just against the Rangers. He's a bit reckless on the ice, and he should get some time off. I'm sure he probably wishes he stayed with the team, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with that hit.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:40 AM
JayQueensNY88*

its just u and u sound paranoid....This is the most ridiculous thread in HF boards history..you have hated his guts? How do u hate someone tou dont even know and hate there guts? Its just a sporrt man,lol,if it makes u that angry maybe u need to, i d k...find another hobby.Are you kidding me?!?!?! Ive always liked D Moore,wanted him to stay a NYR..That hit last night was malicious and un called for.I did loae aome respect for the guy. I do not like hitting with attempt to injure

Last edited by JayQueensNY88*: 02-11-2012 at 10:29 AM.
JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Dominic plays with an edge. I've felt that edge personally, as he had somewhat Forsbergian elbows in board battles.

That being the case, I do not believe he is an intentionally dirty play who looks to hurt people. Look at what happened to his brother, Steve. Do you think he would wish that on anyone else? He has firsthand experience with what bad brain injuries can do to people.

02-10-2012, 08:58 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

I missed the actual hit. Went to grab a beer, came back in to Feds face down.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Not sure if he is Bitter...But I know 100% that he was not a well liked guy in the room when he was one the Rangers.. He spoke out about lesser talented guys eating up icetime when he was here. Specifically tough guys. Same tough guys that would have has his back in a second.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Onion Boy

I missed the hit live, but saw the replay on the scoreboard. Brutal hit, completely premeditated.

I can't believe it was only a 2 minute "roughing" penalty. Should have been 5 min for attempt to injure and a game misconduct.

The 2 min penalty tells me that neither ref saw it. I hope.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

He's definitely still upset with us for letting him go. He plays with an extra edge against us.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:36 AM
TheRedressor

He's delusional. His comments about being an exception because he made the Rangers as a young rookie post lock out proved that. Our entire 3rd and 4th lines that year were either rookie or sophmores.

Let's also not forget how he and his agent were positioning himself as a 2nd line center on a seriously depleted and rebuilding Toronto Maple Leafs. Still can't believe the Sabres gave up a 2nd round pick to bring him in at the trading deadline that year... I think we also gave up a 2nd round pick for Antropov.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Fuhgeddabooootit

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
He's delusional. His comments about being an exception because he made the Rangers as a young rookie post lock out proved that. Our entire 3rd and 4th lines that year were either rookie or sophmores.

Let's also not forget how he and his agent were positioning himself as a 2nd line center on a seriously depleted and rebuilding Toronto Maple Leafs. Still can't believe the Sabres gave up a 2nd round pick to bring him in at the trading deadline that year... I think we also gave up a 2nd round pick for Antropov.
Montreal also gave up a 2nd to acquire him and he was a big part in shutting down the Pens in that Hab upset a few years back. Rentals are pricey.

02-10-2012, 11:07 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post

Ugh, I hated that comment. He patted himself on the back for breaking in with the team because the Rangers bought their players instead of developing them. Yet that team featured 2 other first year players in Prucha and Lundqvist whom had far more of a meaningful impact that season than Moore did.

His contract demands were ridiculous, he wanted $3 million from Toronto after one flukey year of scoring 40 points when his previous career high was 18 points. That would be equivalent to Brian Boyle wanting $3 million after his 20 goal season last year. Moore was one of the last free agents to sign that offseason because he priced himself out out of the market.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

He's a huge *******.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Wow. Overreaction much? Jesus.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:48 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
anyone have a video? i missed the game...

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:32 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
$2,500.00 fine..what a joke..this is atopic i talked about a few weeks ago..Fines and suspensions need to be increased..these guys laugh @2500,you kidding me.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:35 AM
JoeRangers

Im surprised he didnt get suspended. Shanahan has been giving out suspensions like candy

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:47 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Give me a break dude. His hit on Feds, was not even close to what Bertuzzi did to his brother. Talk about overreacting.

And not for nothing, I loved Moore when he was a Ranger. I still like him after that hit. He's a good player, made a poor choice. I'm disappointed in him, cause I think he's better than that, but I don't hate him. PA Parenteau kills us all the time, and is a do*che bag. I hate him as an ex-Ranger a lot more.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
I've hated his guts for a long time, but today...I just have to make a post. I've never felt such extreme hatred for another ex Ranger in my life.

Tell me I'm not the only one who sees this?

Anything less than 10 games is a joke. His goal was to injure, period.
I agree with you and I'm sure you're not the only Rangers or hockey fan that feels this way. There's obviously a reason why a smart, fairly talented and productive player like him seems to wear out his welcome with many other teams as well.
When he was with Toronto and had that one really good year, he demanded that ridiculous 3 year, 5+ mil contract from them and they let him walk also.
Granted, we may not have given Dom Moore a legit shot to stick with us but that hasn't been the path his career has taken with any of the teams he has been with.

By the way, I betcha he doesn't get more than a 3 game suspension.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:17 AM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

I met him a few times when he was with the Rangers, and he was by faar the nicest player I have met. We had a casual conversation for like 20 minutes and was nice overall.

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:44 AM
E Nixson