HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Part XXV

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2012, 08:56 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Just one minor edit...SHE!
Damnit! That's it! Get out of here! Enough is enough!

Seriously, I hope people realize that we are all hockey fans and we are all nuts for even discussing hockey on these boards. Rivalries are what make sports fun. Just as long as people keep it in good fun.

Plus we always need more ladies around!

Old
02-10-2012, 08:59 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Damnit! That's it! Get out of here! Enough is enough!

Seriously, I hope people realize that we are all hockey fans and we are all nuts for even discussing hockey on these boards. Rivalries are what make sports fun. Just as long as people keep it in good fun.

Plus we always need more ladies around!
Hahaha, hey hey, you watch it! My husband posts on this said forum..

The bolded part, you are exactly right. Good nature ribbing is okay by me.

And I also agree on the ladies part...hockey needs more females, smart ones, not puck bunnies!

Okay...sorry for interrupting said thread with this little spat. Back to hockey.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:

And I also agree on the ladies part...hockey needs more females, smart ones, not puck bunnies!

Okay...sorry for interrupting said thread with this little spat. Back to hockey.
Agreed, big time.

*Rangers Stanley Cup Parade, spin-off of Giants parade*

"Who do you want to see?"

"PARISE!"

Old
02-10-2012, 09:06 AM
NYR Viper

Honestly, as weird as it is to say, I am actually hoping the Devils make the playoffs.

I know they are a rival, but if it is true about their financial situation, which I have no idea if it is, then they need to make some revenue this season and those playoff games will help.

It's funny, because both teams play a similar style. It's just that the Rangers strength is their back-end, while the Devils strength is their forwards. It's why it is such a good match-up. Strength on strength.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:21 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Honestly, as weird as it is to say, I am actually hoping the Devils make the playoffs.

I know they are a rival, but if it is true about their financial situation, which I have no idea if it is, then they need to make some revenue this season and those playoff games will help.

It's funny, because both teams play a similar style. It's just that the Rangers strength is their back-end, while the Devils strength is their forwards. It's why it is such a good match-up. Strength on strength.
I always found it funny that I hate people who I don’t know. I only hate them because they like a different hockey team than me…if an alien heard those things, he would think sports fans had mental problems.

theres a devils fan on our board who I hate, but that’s because he’s an idiot. so why do I hate rangers fans? I shouldn’t, but I guess its just one of those things.

edit- just to be clear, i hate the rangers and i understand why. but people who like the rangers? makes no sense.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:29 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
I always found it funny that I hate people who I don’t know. I only hate them because they like a different hockey team than me…if an alien heard those things, he would think sports fans had mental problems.

theres a devils fan on our board who I hate, but that’s because he’s an idiot. so why do I hate rangers fans? I shouldn’t, but I guess its just one of those things.

edit- just to be clear, i hate the rangers and i understand why. but people who like the rangers? makes no sense.
Agreed and it is really stereotyping at it's worst. I hate that team, you like that team, therefore I hate you!

Old
02-10-2012, 10:29 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:

I just look at everyone as a hockey fan when talking things with them on here. I don't look at an avatar and automatically discredit anything they have to say (though I have my own thoughts about some clowns posting on different boards where all I have to do is look at the user name and laugh).

As long as you're civil, you should be able to post anywhere you want. I post on the Devils board all the time just fine.

02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
beastly115

Quote:

At this point, I think people can stop discussing if the Devils will make the playoffs, it's a matter of what seed they'll be. To be completely honest, with our mediocre play lately, I'm scared to face them in the 1st round. The Rangers are going to need to pull their **** together if they want to go deep.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:02 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

anyone ever see the episode of American dad called ‘lincoln lover’? in it, a republican (stan) gives this crazy speech where he talks about ‘we shouldn’t be hating the gay republicans! that’s hate we could be using on the democrats’…I feel like the same concept could apply here. imagine if every devils and rangers fan decided to love the other team. games between the 2 wouldn’t matter, you’d cheer just as hard no matter who scores. and we could use all that hate on philly. it wont happen, but man that’d be sweet.

Last edited by MartyOwns: 02-10-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old
02-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
anyone ever see the episode of American dad called ‘lincoln lover’? in it, a republican (stan) gives this crazy speech where he talks about ‘we shouldn’t be hating the gay republicans! that’s hate we could be using on the democrats’…I feel like the same concept could apply here. imagine if every devils and rangers fan decided to love the other team. games between the 2 wouldn’t matter, you’d cheer just as hard no matter who scores. and we could use all that hate on philly. it wont happen, but mad that’d be sweet.
NYR and Devils fans can hate Philly together.
Devils and Philly fans can hate the Rangers together.
NYR and Philly fans can hate the Devils together.
And nobody cares about the Islanders.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Tomas Holmstrom is gonna play in his 1000th game tonight. The guy is never going to win any skills competitions, but man, what an effective role player he's been. A guy I've always had a lot of respect for.

RANGERS =
Old
02-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Tomas Holmstrom is gonna play in his 1000th game tonight. The guy is never going to win any skills competitions, but man, what an effective role player he's been. A guy I've always had a lot of respect for.
Wish the Rangers would draft their Holmstrom type? They can use someone who can screen the goalie.. with Boyle's size he seems too weak to do that effectively

Old
02-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Wish the Rangers would draft their Holmstrom type? They can use someone who can screen the goalie.. with Boyle's size he seems too weak to do that effectively
One of the reasons I wanted the Rangers to move up to draft Kassian... but Callahan is going to have to do for us for now.

02-10-2012, 05:29 PM
JayMan82

Quote:

Nuff said...

Old
02-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Kershaw

Holmer is a beauty. I cheer for guys who make their careers off of grinding and hard work. Hope he still has some juice left to play a few more years.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Nice to see that ***** get dropped. Thank you, Brownie.

Old
02-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Leetch66

I like Brown...much like Prust...can play and fight ! Great clip !

Old
02-10-2012, 07:23 PM
ColonialsHockey10

How the hell does it take like 7 months to announce our WC against Philly, and just over 4 weeks for next years?

Old
02-10-2012, 07:43 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
How the hell does it take like 7 months to announce our WC against Philly, and just over 4 weeks for next years?
Power of the Leafs.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
when was the last time a late round pick 6th round or later to have played his whole career with one team??? Lundqvist will be the next one

Old
02-10-2012, 09:39 PM
darko

Quote:

And I also agree on the ladies part... hockey needs more females, smart ones, not puck bunnies!

I respectfully disagree.

Old
02-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

I just had breakfast with the Tamppa Bay Lightning

Old
02-11-2012, 09:39 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Don't be picking on my wife yo. I'll kick all your a**es.

Being a Devils fan is her only flaw.

Btw, she's watching as I'm typing this.

Good thing it's my birthday.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:17 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Everyone go check out the Wild's GDT.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Rangers Fail