HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

i guess this suggestion is insane {or is it?} parise/thomas with twists

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

vCash: 500
i guess this suggestion is insane {or is it?} parise/thomas with twists

so hopefully no one is wasting time reading this if they cant handle an outside the box type of idea... and this one is very outside the box. im sharing anyhow kind of to get opinion if its even a legal possibilty and also to see if any fans of the two teams like the idea...

first the trade for those that dont want to read a wall of text

form new jersey
zach parise

from boston
jordon caron
and future considerations

now for the defense...

as you can see the trade looks weird right away... jersey is giving up a superstar pending ufa and getting almost nothing back right away. they are in a playoff race and likely are going to be in the playoffs so this might seem to make ZERO SENSE

but im actually offering more then a normal rental price for a rental... and im wondering if that will make the differnce

future consideration number 1 is tim thomas OR jersey's choice of a first round pick... to be decided at the draft. in my proposal tim thomas finishes the year in boston. this gives boston a HUGE ADVANTAGE geting parise without having to give up thomas for this year. now im assuming thomas will play great... boston will win the cup... brodeur will retire... thomas will agree to an extension... jersey will view thomas as a great replacement for brodeur the next 3-4 years. so this is sort of what is the bones to my trade proposal. BUT thomas might suck or get hurt... and brodeur might not retired... or jersey might get some younger goalie... or thomas might not be willing to sign an extension... so i give jersey the option of a first here.

thomas for 3-4 years is worth parise as a rental imho... but since we arent sure that will happen i throw in other future considerations...

second consideration is another first round pick if parise resigns in boston.. it becomes a second if he doesnt. either way jersey will get some added bonus here.

final consideration is if jersey opts for the first instead of thomas then they get one more first round pick which is going to be the 2014 one

so it might end up boston gives up as many as 3 first round picks and caron if they get parise for the long haul without giving up thomas in the process... or more likely they would give up thomas and maybe one first and caron and jersey would get thomas resigned

so call the likely end result

resigned thomas after this year
and 2013 first
and caron
for
resigned parise

thats it... your turn if you want to participate comes now

Old
02-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
You were correct in the first place. This is insane, and the Devils would never do it.

The Devils will not trade their captain during a playoff race, for a package made up entirely of futures. It is literally impossible for me to imagine Lou doing that.

I don't particularly want to gamble that Thomas keeps up his form over the next few years, and a package of three low firsts isn't really enough to entice me.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Alexander Baigle

Thomas Caron and a first would get you Parise. But you're clearly trying to get Parise now and pay in the offseason. You can't have a player as an option. If you want to get Parise without impacting the team, Offer Hamilton and a first.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

The NHL does not permit future considerations to contain major roster players. Period. As constructed, the NHL would not authorize the trade.

This means that part two would not be binding, which means NJ would not do it.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Dr Quincy

Louis Leblanc for Seguin..... similar quality of an offer.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:11 AM
TOGuy14

What will NJ do with a 38 year old goalie?

I think they would want Rask...

Old
02-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

This was definitely a bit misleading, given the use of "future considerations", as that is generally the term for "nothing" when it comes to trades in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
The NHL does not permit future considerations to contain major roster players. Period. As constructed, the NHL would not authorize the trade.
Even more importantly this.

With that in mind, I believe it's pretty obvious that there's no basis for a deal around Parise/Thomas (given that the Bruins won't trade their Conne Smythe winner before the playoffs, and won't trade him for negotiation rights to Parise afterwards), so I am going to lock this up for now. If the OP comes up with an adjustment, feel free to PM me with your proposition and I'll unlock it, again, or create a new one if the premise is as different as it would probably need to be.

Closed Thread