HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2012, 10:49 AM
  #101
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,823
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I'll get back to you later on this.
I think the short answer is he's worth it, and there is a real premium on snipers.

But I welcome the opportunity to intelligently analyze the pros and cons of this.

IN FACT, I'LL GO ONE BETTER.
Let's see if we can over the next 2 weeks at everyone's convenience, have an extended discussion on the topic, (mods may/may not prefer separate thread).

once and for all, let there be a definitive cost benefit analysis
Hall to Rangers along the above proposal I made, or any one slightly modified close enough thereto.

I'll consider with an open mind that acquiring Hall for the price quoted is not a good idea, IF my critics can demonstrate why, in their opinion which they have obligation to substantiate, preferably with fact, same is overall negative for us.

If that CAN be done objectively, and is NOT reduced to subjective opinion, I'll drop Hall for not less than 1 year.

But, if that can't be done objectively, and iis reduced to subjective opinion, then my critics must concede, in the name of intellectual honesty, the bernmeister theory of acquiring Hall as presented cannot be discredited.
You are a funny fella Bernmeister, but a bit crazy. just like me...

BBKers is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 10:51 AM
  #102
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I'll get back to you later on this.
I think the short answer is he's worth it, and there is a real premium on snipers.

But I welcome the opportunity to intelligently analyze the pros and cons of this.

IN FACT, I'LL GO ONE BETTER.
Let's see if we can over the next 2 weeks at everyone's convenience, have an extended discussion on the topic, (mods may/may not prefer separate thread).

once and for all, let there be a definitive cost benefit analysis
Hall to Rangers along the above proposal I made, or any one slightly modified close enough thereto.

I'll consider with an open mind that acquiring Hall for the price quoted is not a good idea, IF my critics can demonstrate why, in their opinion which they have obligation to substantiate, preferably with fact, same is overall negative for us.

If that CAN be done objectively, and is NOT reduced to subjective opinion, I'll drop Hall for not less than 1 year.

But, if that can't be done objectively, and iis reduced to subjective opinion, then my critics must concede, in the name of intellectual honesty, the bernmeister theory of acquiring Hall as presented cannot be discredited.
Sorry, I'm not going to waste two, or more, weeks of my life trying to convince you why a trade for Taylor Hall isn't worth it for a couple of reasons:

1.) Edmonton isn't trading him. He's not on the table and it's not worth it dissecting this for something that will clearly never happen

2.) The guy has 40 career goals. 2 starting "D" (one a bona fide Norris candidate, the other a top 4), two 1st round picks, and two prospects is insane - even for a deep organization for the Rangers. Not saying Hall isn't a going to be great player, but that's way too much to give for anyone that isn't named Crosby or Stamkos - which you've even admitted to him not being in their class.

I'm out of this conversation. Simply isn't worth the time investment.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:07 AM
  #103
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,479
vCash: 500
The Rangers' strength is in their D. That's why they're first in the east. They don't need a major overhaul for Hall or anybody else, not only do they not need it, but doing one at this point would be downright silly. You don't trade a third of your D away for anybody at all when that D unit is propelling your team to such a high level of play.

Its not really an issue of whether or not Hall is available (even though he's definitely not) - its first and foremost an issue of what makes the Rangers successful now and what they need to make them even more successful. Yes, an elite sniper like Hall would make them better, but that would also hugely interfere with the reason that they're successful now, which is that they have a great, cohesive D unit that has been playing the best hockey of their individual lives all at once. If they're going after a sniper they need to find a way to do it without disrupting the D too much. Trading Girardi and Sauer isn't the way to go about it. That's blowing a huge hole in the side of the ship in order to fix a leak.

Not to mention they may be able to sign a guy like Parise for nothing but money.

This trade is wacky and not primarily because of the expectation that Hall is available. It doesn't make sense for the NYR to do this in my opinion.

haveandare is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:22 AM
  #104
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
sooooo its come to talking about ridiculous names like Hall and Ericksson now I see

Stick to the Gaustads of the world and geezer rentals that can still play and may waive come the deadline

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:23 AM
  #105
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Dave Isaac @davegisaac Close
Scott Howson, Pierre Gauthier among those with spots in the press box today.

They are probably looking at Philly, but you never know.

Dredden is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:23 AM
  #106
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
sooooo its come to talking about ridiculous names like Hall and Ericksson now I see

Stick to the Gaustads of the world and geezer rentals that can still play and may waive come the deadline
Please. I'm surprised Malkin and Datsyuk haven't been brought up.
Hey guys, Chicago is struggling. Maybe we can get Toews.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:28 AM
  #107
JoeRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Please. I'm surprised Malkin and Datsyuk haven't been brought up.
Hey guys, Chicago is struggling. Maybe we can get Toews.
Staal, Kreider, Stepan, Wolski, 2012 1st, 2013 1st, for Toews and Seabrook

JoeRangers is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:59 AM
  #108
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Staal, Kreider, Stepan, Wolski, 2012 1st, 2013 1st, for Toews and Seabrook
Not worth it.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:07 PM
  #109
JoeRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Not worth it.
I wasnt trying to make a reasonable trade. I just picked players out of my head.

JoeRangers is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:08 PM
  #110
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,451
vCash: 500
For what it's worth:

Quote:
Tim Panaccio @tpanotchCSN

3 people/scouts - including Scott Howson _ from CBJ at Rangers-Flyers today. Carter to NYR?
Quote:
Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch

@tpanotchCSN I wrote last Sunday Rangers have interest in Nash. Surely somebody denied it.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:12 PM
  #111
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
I wasnt trying to make a reasonable trade. I just picked players out of my head.
Actually, value-wise it isn't really far off. So good job there.

I just don't like giving up Kreider AND two firsts. We'd seriously damage our future with that, as much as I like Toews.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:22 PM
  #112
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
For what it's worth:
Just don't see the Rangers having interest in those guys with their contracts.

Stugots is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:25 PM
  #113
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Just don't see the Rangers having interest in those guys with their contracts.
Carter I'd be happy to acquire for quarters on the dollar. If Howson is set on selling him, I'd definitely put in a low ball offer and see if he bites. The term is bad, but the cap hit is good, so it'd be worth the risk, imo. I've criticized Carter earlier in this thread, but at some point, if the cost is low enough, the risk is worth the potential reward.

Nash doesn't have the benefit of a good cap hit or a good term on his deal, so I'd be very hesitant to even fielding a low ball offer for him.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:42 PM
  #114
district9
Registered User
 
district9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
i can't comprehend why people are suggesting ANY trades of nhl players right now when the team is in 1st place and should only get better when staal gets his legs back fully and sauer comes back into the lineup. why are you going to screw with chemistry here?

district9 is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:42 PM
  #115
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Carter I'd be happy to acquire for quarters on the dollar. If Howson is set on selling him, I'd definitely put in a low ball offer and see if he bites. The term is bad, but the cap hit is good, so it'd be worth the risk, imo. I've criticized Carter earlier in this thread, but at some point, if the cost is low enough, the risk is worth the potential reward.

Nash doesn't have the benefit of a good cap hit or a good term on his deal, so I'd be very hesitant to even fielding a low ball offer for him.

agreed, we wouldnt really know what would we get from him in the playoffs

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:49 PM
  #116
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
i can't comprehend why people are suggesting ANY trades of nhl players right now when the team is in 1st place and should only get better when staal gets his legs back fully and sauer comes back into the lineup. why are you going to screw with chemistry here?
most are not saying to trade roster players but to add depthj with picks/prospects moving

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:52 PM
  #117
McSauer
Defense Wins Games
 
McSauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
The only Carter I want is Anson...

McSauer is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:54 PM
  #118
JoeRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSauer View Post
The only Carter I want is Anson...
Than maybe we can send him to the Caps for Ovechkin

JoeRangers is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:59 PM
  #119
Gatorade*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Just read a rumor on twitter that Jeff Carter to the Rangers is all but done. Anybody see that as realistic?

Gatorade* is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 01:00 PM
  #120
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Just read a rumor on twitter that Jeff Carter to the Rangers is all but done. Anybody see that as realistic?
link ? and I doubt it

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 01:00 PM
  #121
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY
 
1Knee1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Than maybe we can send him to the Caps for Ovechkin
Only if they eat half of the contract.

I think if the Bruins, Flyers, Penguins, etc. swing some deals around the deadline, then we'll see the Rangers make some moves also. No sense in standing pat while other teams bolster whatever weakness they may have.

What the means for us remains to be seen. We obviously need top-6 help but at what price? People that are hoping for Ryan, Eriksson, and Hall are going to be disappointed. The idea is to strengthen our team, not shuffle it.

1Knee1T is online now  
Old
02-11-2012, 01:01 PM
  #122
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,015
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Just read a rumor on twitter that Jeff Carter to the Rangers is all but done. Anybody see that as realistic?
"Source" has three tweets.

It's ********.

Could be a possibility on the surface, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
link ? and I doubt it
https://twitter.com/#!/NHLInsider

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 01:05 PM
  #123
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
"Source" has three tweets.

It's ********.

Could be a possibility on the surface, though.



https://twitter.com/#!/NHLInsider
thanks........it would be a surprise move. He's not a LW either

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 01:08 PM
  #124
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,204
vCash: 500
Not sure I like the idea of Carter as someone else pointed out he doesn't scream "Ranger" to me. Nash would probably surprise some of the doubters here playing on a much more talented team, but I'm still not a huge fan of the idea unless it's a bargain bin deal which it wouldn't be.

Barbara Underhill is online now  
Old
02-11-2012, 01:13 PM
  #125
mahonistan*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
thanks........it would be a surprise move. He's not a LW either
i hope not. I've never liked him

mahonistan* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.