HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Inquiry - BOS - LA

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

vCash: 500
Considering what Fedorov and Sykora went for the is no way in hell Tukonen goes for Samsonov.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25
Considering what Fedorov and Sykora went for the is no way in hell Tukonen goes for Samsonov.
Both we're playing like crap though. Samsonov is on a team that is struggling all around.

I'd do 2 3rd's for Samsonov, or Baier and a pick. I'd be hesitant to deal Pushkarev.

Old
01-12-2006, 09:00 PM
jfont

Awards:
I'd rather the kings deal for a defenseman (even a rental) for picks and a 2nd tier prospect.

01-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Venom_17

Samsonov, Raycroft and Boynton for Tukonen, Grebeshkov, Corvo and a 2nd rounder

Old
01-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
We make out like bandits, and what in the world would we do with Raycroft, Garon and LaBarbera?

Old
01-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Why? There is no need for Raycroft. Samsonov is a pending UFA, and Boynton will be a RFA once again at the end of the season. That would be a terrible transaction for the Kings. Might be good for your fantasy team or season of NHL 2K6.

Old
01-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Venom_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
We make out like bandits, and what in the world would we do with Raycroft, Garon and LaBarbera?
Oh sorry I meant to have him go the other way too.

Old
01-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Venom_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Why? There is no need for Raycroft. Samsonov is a pending UFA, and Boynton will be a RFA once again at the end of the season. That would be a terrible transaction for the Kings. Might be good for your fantasy team or season of NHL 2K6.
I don't know...we get secondary scoring, two Calder winners, a solid goalie and a defensive dman. Doesn't seem to be terrible to me...

Old
01-13-2006, 02:46 AM
nikolai19

To LAK: Sergei Samsonov
To Boston: Jens Karlsson or Brian Boyle

Old
01-13-2006, 02:59 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
To Boston: Jens Karlsson or Brian Boyle
Gee, what a tough choice that is

Old
01-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
I don't know...we get secondary scoring, two Calder winners, a solid goalie and a defensive dman. Doesn't seem to be terrible to me...
All that is nice, but you fail to consider Raycroft's play this season, the fact that the Kings already have a #1 goalie in Garon, both Samsonov and Boynton being injury prone and both of their contracts will also be expiring. Boynton is also known more for his offensive play... I really wouldn't consider him to be a defensive dman.

There is no need to trade Tukonen, especially after the impressive showing he had at the WJC and Corvo is playing the best hockey in his career. Aside from adding a Boynton, I don't see how the Kings benefit from such a deal. Samsonov is a small and fragile winger who will be an UFA.

It may not seem terrible on paper, but logically, it doesn't make a lot of sense for the Kings when you factor in contracts and age.

Old
01-13-2006, 06:13 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Samsonov for Tukonen is a huge overpayment. Tukonen is one of the Kings' top 2 or 3 prospects. The Bruins would be lucky to anyone better than Brian Boyle and a 3rd or 4th from the Kings

Old
01-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
I'll modify:

Samsonov & Boynton

for

Grebeshkov, Pushkarev, Karlsson, and a 1st.

I think that's more fair, don't you?

Old
01-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25
Actually, both trades (Fedorov and Sykora) aren't comparable in any way with Samsonov's situation.

Fedorov is an overpriced vet and Sykora is approaching his thirties and didn't look like the Sykora from the past.

Samsonov is just 27 and his best days aren't over yet.

Old
01-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Tuukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Samsonov for Philly's 3rd round pick would be about as high as I'd go and I'm a big Samsonov fan...

When you start talking Tukonen, I start thinking Bergeron and a pick....

Give your head a shake!!!!

Old
01-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3
Actually, both trades (Fedorov and Sykora) aren't comparable in any way with Samsonov's situation.

Fedorov is an overpriced vet and Sykora is approaching his thirties and didn't look like the Sykora from the past.

Samsonov is just 27 and his best days aren't over yet.
Accept for the fact that he (Samsonov) is a UFA at the end of the season. Nobody wants to give up premium players and/or picks for a guy who might contribute to your team for 3 or 4 months.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Accept for the fact that he (Samsonov) is a UFA at the end of the season. Nobody wants to give up premium players and/or picks for a guy who might contribute to your team for 3 or 4 months.
I don't say the Kings should give up Tukonen, no way, but you have to give up at least something to get a player like Samsonov.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3
I don't say the Kings should give up Tukonen, no way, but you have to give up at least something to get a player like Samsonov.
True....but the point is no "good" GM is going to give up anything more than a 2nd tier prospect or mid round draft pick for a 3 month rental. If he agreed to sign a long term contract with his new team then that is a different story entirely.

Old
01-13-2006, 05:33 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

i'm just surprised that Tukonen has impressed ppl here so much...

dont get me wrong, i'm a big fan of Tuk and was very excited when he drafted supposedly the best PF in the draft with the 11th pick....but i've been under the impression that Tuk has played pretty well, but not exceptional...needless to say, i dont visit the Tambs/Push/Tuk update thread very often

Old
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
i'm just surprised that Tukonen has impressed ppl here so much...

dont get me wrong, i'm a big fan of Tuk and was very excited when he drafted supposedly the best PF in the draft with the 11th pick....but i've been under the impression that Tuk has played pretty well, but not exceptional...needless to say, i dont visit the Tambs/Push/Tuk update thread very often
Apparently you didn't hear about his performance in the WJC's. He was tied for 2nd overall in scoring and was a big reason Finland got the Bronze.

Old
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

The Kings would be crazy to not pull the trigger on a Pushkarev + pick for Samsonov, assuming the Kings are still well into a playoff spot at the deadline.

I think Push gets overrated quite a bit here.

Old
01-14-2006, 01:05 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
The Kings would be crazy to not pull the trigger on a Pushkarev + pick for Samsonov, assuming the Kings are still well into a playoff spot at the deadline.

I think Push gets overrated quite a bit here.
Concur.

Old
01-14-2006, 08:18 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhannu
Give your head a shake!!!!
Why? Becuase I don't want to overpay for Samsonov? The Kings have Frolov, Brown, Tambellini and Kanko locked up for the next few seasons. If they bring in Samsonov, they'll either be renting him short-term or road-blocking Brown, Tambellini as well as other prospects...

Bergeron is a good player with a bunch of up-side, no doubt. Is he a #1 center in the Kings organization at this point? No. He appears to be in Boston right now but that's the result of the trades of Thornton and Scatchard. In L.A, I'd slot him behind Conroy and Belanger...

Do I really think Tukonen for Bergeron and a pick is a fair trade? Absolutely not. Do I think the Bruins are even interested in moving Bergeron? Absolutely not. I don't think the Bruins have any more interest in moving Bergeron than the Kings do in moving Tukonen. Tukonen is 19, a first-round pick (11th overall) that returned from a shoulder injury and had an impressive showing in the World Juniors...

If you follow the progression of the thread, bb74 was targeting Tukonen. I threw a counter out there to get an idea of how much he really wanted him...

How many seasons have you watched the players we are discussing here play?
How closely do you follow the Kings, Bruins (both Boston and Providence), and Monarchs?
What are the needs of both teams both short-term and long term?

Sure I threw out a crazy proposal and in doing so I determined that it was more likely than not that bb74 hadn't seen much of Tukonen or Pushkarev. Pushkarev has been used a checking role on a regular basis in Manchester with a decent level of success. He creates turnovers and uses his speed and puck handeling skills to create opportunities for himself and line mates. When used in an offensive role, his game is similar to Sammy in that he likes to hold onto the puck in the offensive zone and skate around the perimeter looking for openings...

I certainly give my head a shake every time these threads appear.

Last edited by King Blazer: 01-14-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old
01-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Why? Becuase I don't want to overpay for Samsonov? The Kings have Frolov, Brown, Tambellini and Kanko locked up for the next few seasons. If they bring in Samsonov, they'll either be renting him short-term or road-blocking Brown, Tambellini as well as other prospects...

Bergeron is a good player with a bunch of up-side, no doubt. Is he a #1 center in the Kings organization at this point? No. He appears to be in Boston right now but that's the result of the trades of Thornton and Scatchard. In L.A, I'd slot him behind Conroy and Belanger...

Do I really think Tukonen for Bergeron and a pick is a fair trade? Absolutely not. Do I think the Bruins are even interested in moving Bergeron? Absolutely not. I don't think the Bruins have any more interest in moving Bergeron than the Kings do in moving Tukonen. Tukonen is 19, a first-round pick (11th overall) that returned from a shoulder injury and had an impressive showing in the World Juniors...

I you follow the progression of the thread, bb74 was targeting Tukonen. I threw a counter out there to get an idea of how much he really wanted him...

How closely do you follow the Kings, Bruins (both Boston and Providence, and Monarchs?

Sure I threw out a crazy proposal and in doing so I determined that it was more likely than not that bb74 hadn't seen much of Tukonen or Pushkarev. Pushkarev has been used a checking role on a regular basis in Manchester with a decent level of success. He creates turnovers and uses his speed and puck handeling skills to create opportunities for himself and line mates. When used in an offensive role, his game is similar to Sammy in that he likes to hold onto the puck in the offensive zone and skate around the perimeter looking for openings...

Old
01-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Reaper45

Quote:

If you follow the progression of the thread, bb74 was targeting Tukonen. I threw a counter out there to get an idea of how much he really wanted him...

How closely do you follow the Kings, Bruins (both Boston and Providence), and Monarchs?

Closed Thread