HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seriously, how long can Lombardi sit back

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2012, 08:08 PM
  #101
backhander
Registered User
 
backhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
so who replaces lombardi?

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:07 PM
  #102
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
 
HYORI 1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
And not force a trade for some kind of offensive help? I just got done watching the game from last night, as I had to work, and that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, like after so many games this season, just gives way to anger. I have always been a Lombardi supporter but this is just getting ridiculous.

It isnt like we don't have the players, parts, and pieces to make a deal. If we have to overpay so be it. I just wonder how much longer Dean can watch this.

Yes, I guess it's possible that Dean has been burning up the phones behindd the scenes but without ANY leaks that I've seen. Have a hard time believing that. Could he really wait until the trade deadline or is he just waiting to see how many 1-0 games we can win while weighing that against how many 1-0 games Quick loses? It really is astounding to me. Teams 30th in offense that are still in the hunt for a playoff spot tend to make moves to solidify the roster and bolster what they are lacking, sometimes *GASP* even before the deadline.

Sorry for the angry rant. You guys know i never start threads i just had to get this off my chest

Something HAS to be done. Quick could use a little help, eh?

Xoxo
You ever hear of giving someone the benefit of doubt?

Patience.

Edit: just noticed the bolded and thought it was comical. I rarely read your posts, but more often than not, they're pretty much the rant variety are they not?


Last edited by HYORI 1963: 02-10-2012 at 09:15 PM.
HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:36 PM
  #103
HookKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Hop on the #FireDeanAndDarryl train

I can sit here and bash Dean all day, up and down. Facts are facts: his drafting is great. Its to the point I would keep him on as the assistant GM/assistant to the GM/Scout while still keeping Futa and Yanetti. Aside from drafting though, I do not think he is a good GM. I look forward to a change and I hope its sooner rather than later.
This is sarcasm right?

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:43 PM
  #104
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
This is sarcasm right?
Sigh. So you're just going to deny that Dean is a good drafted? Okay Lewis and Hickey were bad picks. That's been beaten to death. Look at all the talent he's pulled out of the draft besides them compared to other teams.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:46 PM
  #105
HookKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Sigh. So you're just going to deny that Dean is a good drafted? Okay Lewis and Hickey were bad picks. That's been beaten to death. Look at all the talent he's pulled out of the draft besides them compared to other teams.
Other than Simmonds and Doughty (no brainer) then who has done exactly what?

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:11 PM
  #106
Hatter
Microagression King
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern Idaho
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiTool View Post
Oh goodie... another Lombardi bashing thread. We have an "all purpose" thread for that now. Dont ned to pull up a month old thread.

You're not the boss of me

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:23 PM
  #107
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 16,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Sigh. So you're just going to deny that Dean is a good drafted? Okay Lewis and Hickey were bad picks. That's been beaten to death. Look at all the talent he's pulled out of the draft besides them compared to other teams.
Who?

The team has yet to draft and develop a 2nd line forward under Lombardi, much less a first liner.

Lombardi is great at drafting and developing Lombardi style players, when it comes to skilled forwards he is clueless, and that is one of many reasons we sit 30th in the league in offense. Great defenders and character forwards don't mean quite as much when you score 5 goals in 4 games on the biggest road trip of the season.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:14 AM
  #108
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Great defenders and character forwards don't mean quite as much when you score 5 goals in 4 games on the biggest road trip of the season.
5 goals in 4 games vs Roloson, Clemmensen, Halak, and Ward. Granted, Ward is pretty good, but I'm disappointed for sure.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:59 AM
  #109
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,020
vCash: 500
There are no Sellers. Lombardi can't trade with himself.

He needs to be a Seller.

Penner+Stoll gone, Hunter Gone ,Richardson Gone, A-Mart Gone.

Make it happen Dean, Then get fired please or retire. So a new GM can fix your mess.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:45 AM
  #110
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Other than Simmonds and Doughty (no brainer) then who has done exactly what?
First, Doughty wasn't a no brainer, for everyone that is saying he is, get your heads out of your collective *****, that has been debunked OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, there were a group of 3-4 Dmen that were CLOSE in age and skill and promise.

Second,

Let's see, he's drafted Voynov, pretty sure everyone loves him, he's drafted Clifford who made the team as a rookie and has good upside, he's drafted Martinez who has made a solid impact, he's drafted Lotkionov who has shown excellent skill

He drafted Brayden Schenn which got us Mike Richards,

Every single draft, going up to 2010, which is still too early, he's netted 2 NHL players, that's better than most GM's on a good day..

But yea...he can't draft....

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 06:32 AM
  #111
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Reading through your thread here, thought the images on page 3 were pretty cool. Made me go look for this feature on NHL.com, which you can find when you click scores and then "ice tracker" below a given score.

Unfortunately I have to report that the placement of those shots is waaaaaaaaay off. The blue ones with the camera allow you to click and you'll get a clip of the shot. When you do, you'll see that the shot is typically taken around 15 feet away from where the icon is placed on the ice, far enough to make the idea of using them in discussion about shot placement unusuable. Sucks, because I like that sort of attempted visual addition to a discussion.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 08:35 AM
  #112
nki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Reading through your thread here, thought the images on page 3 were pretty cool. Made me go look for this feature on NHL.com, which you can find when you click scores and then "ice tracker" below a given score.

Unfortunately I have to report that the placement of those shots is waaaaaaaaay off. The blue ones with the camera allow you to click and you'll get a clip of the shot. When you do, you'll see that the shot is typically taken around 15 feet away from where the icon is placed on the ice, far enough to make the idea of using them in discussion about shot placement unusuable. Sucks, because I like that sort of attempted visual addition to a discussion.
CBS also has them, click on total left of goals to see goals and shots, wonder if they're more accurate.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/gametra...0120210_CHI@SJ

nki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:15 AM
  #113
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
i don't know how many of you guys watched the Knicks/Laker game but I really understand now what pisses me off about this team. Watching the Knicks, you can see they're inspired and they're full of hope. They play like they want to win. This laughable stock of a team is so lethargic and look like they don't care.

I don't mind losing. We're kings fans, it comes with the territory. But lose with dignity. During the Andy Murray years, we lost but we gave 100% every night. These guys won't even give us that...

I don't blame the coaches or the team the GM put together. This is a good team, real good. This is really the player's fault.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:27 AM
  #114
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
i don't know how many of you guys watched the Knicks/Laker game but I really understand now what pisses me off about this team. Watching the Knicks, you can see they're inspired and they're full of hope. They play like they want to win. This laughable stock of a team is so lethargic and look like they don't care.

I don't mind losing. We're kings fans, it comes with the territory. But lose with dignity. During the Andy Murray years, we lost but we gave 100% every night. These guys won't even give us that...

I don't blame the coaches or the team the GM put together. This is a good team, real good. This is really the player's fault.
This is an average team - a VERY average team. You can look at Penner and Gagne and Richards and talk about past success but the truth is that these players are declining and will NEVER be as productive as they once were. Throw Williams into that mix as well.

The buck ALWAYS has to stop at the GM for talent evaluation and acquisition. Lombardi has made so many ill advised moves that it is mindboggling. Lombardi HAS to be given the blame for this mess. Six years totally wasted...what a shame for Kings fans.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:28 AM
  #115
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
This is an average team - a VERY average team. You can look at Penner and Gagne and Richards and talk about past success but the truth is that these players are declining and will NEVER be as productive as they once were. Throw Williams into that mix as well.

The buck ALWAYS has to stop at the GM for talent evaluation and acquisition. Lombardi has made so many ill advised moves that it is mindboggling. Lombardi HAS to be given the blame for this mess. Six years totally wasted...what a shame for Kings fans.
Richards is declining?? Really??

Really?

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:41 AM
  #116
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Richards is declining?? Really??

Really?
Yes, really. Even fans in Philly say his play had tailed off in the last year or two. This is a guy that is small, has demonstrated no desire to get himself into top shape, and has been awful this year for long stretches. Throw in his reputation for off-ice "activities" and you have a team leader who inspires no one.

Meanwhile, Simmonds is becoming a monster and Schenn is drawing rave reviews for his play in the last month or so.

At some point even YOU are going to have to admit that Lombardi screwed this one up....just like he did with Penner.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:41 AM
  #117
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Registered User
 
Stupid Sexy Flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
I still think DL has done a pretty good job and I like Sutter.

I think the simplest explanation (Occam's Razor) for what's going on is that Murray created a lot of bad habits on offense that will take some time for the guys to unlearn. Their instincts are dulled. Kompon needs to go.

At this point I agree with "selling" Bernier, Stoll, Penner, Richardson, Lewis, Hunter & Hickey.

I'd like to keep both VV & AMart because their upsides are in the stratosphere.

Not really interested in Carter.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:42 AM
  #118
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
You're not the boss of me
That's pretty good!

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:47 AM
  #119
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Yes, really. Even fans in Philly say his play had tailed off in the last year or two. This is a guy that is small, has demonstrated no desire to get himself into top shape, and has been awful this year for long stretches. Throw in his reputation for off-ice "activities" and you have a team leader who inspires no one.

Meanwhile, Simmonds is becoming a monster and Schenn is drawing rave reviews for his play in the last month or so.

At some point even YOU are going to have to admit that Lombardi screwed this one up....just like he did with Penner.
Throw in his reputation for off ice activities...oh wait...you mean like Simmonds??

Whoops...

Has no desire to get himself in top shape???? Reference this tidbit of information for me.... show me ANYTHING that comes close to saying this...

Ready....go.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:49 AM
  #120
Josh Deitell
Registered User
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Yes, really. Even fans in Philly say his play had tailed off in the last year or two. This is a guy that is small, has demonstrated no desire to get himself into top shape, and has been awful this year for long stretches. Throw in his reputation for off-ice "activities" and you have a team leader who inspires no one.

Meanwhile, Simmonds is becoming a monster and Schenn is drawing rave reviews for his play in the last month or so.

At some point even YOU are going to have to admit that Lombardi screwed this one up....just like he did with Penner.
Leading the Flyers in scoring in the regular season and posting a PPG in the playoffs en route to coming one game from winning the Stanley Cup less than two years ago is "tailing off"?

Let's discount that considering Simmonds has been playing pretty well for a couple months and Schenn for a few weeks and that some bitter Philly journalists had to come up with damage control to justify trading their captain...

You're grasping at straws here. We have eight more years of the guy but let's turn a bad 10-game post-concussion stretch into another reason to bash DL.

Josh Deitell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:52 AM
  #121
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Throw in his reputation for off ice activities...oh wait...you mean like Simmonds??

Whoops...

Has no desire to get himself in top shape???? Reference this tidbit of information for me.... show me ANYTHING that comes close to saying this...

Ready....go.
So our genius GM trades one party boy for another and calls it a day? Impressive.

Regarding his conditioning, I'm just going by what Flyers fans have been saying on numerous threads...and I believe them. Very few fans in Philly are lamenting the loss of Richards these days. They are, however, raving about Simmonds and Schenn.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:58 AM
  #122
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
So our genius GM trades one party boy for another and calls it a day? Impressive.

Regarding his conditioning, I'm just going by what Flyers fans have been saying on numerous threads...and I believe them. Very few fans in Philly are lamenting the loss of Richards these days. They are, however, raving about Simmonds and Schenn.
LOL of course they are raving about Simmonds and Schenn, they are the new flavor in town....just like everyone was raving about Richards...

Watch what happens when Simmonds disappears again...

So basically, you believe disgruntled fans, most of who never wanted to get rid of Richards to begin with, in regards to his conditioning and you try to spout it off as a fact???

Yea, time to disregard pretty much anything you say now...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:11 PM
  #123
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Yes, really. Even fans in Philly say his play had tailed off in the last year or two. This is a guy that is small, has demonstrated no desire to get himself into top shape, and has been awful this year for long stretches. Throw in his reputation for off-ice "activities" and you have a team leader who inspires no one.

Meanwhile, Simmonds is becoming a monster and Schenn is drawing rave reviews for his play in the last month or so.

At some point even YOU are going to have to admit that Lombardi screwed this one up....just like he did with Penner.
You call our team average. Yet whenever any of our players goes to another team (Purcell, Simmonds, Schenn, Moulson, etc), you glorify them and call them wonderful. You are so skewed, I don't even know why I waste my time responding to you. As I said, this team is good, really good in fact. It's proof in the pudding, every time our scraps fall off our table, they become exceptional on other teams. Why? Because our team talent level is exceptional. I don't know what it is inside the locker room or the culture that has caused this lull.

Maybe it's Penner, I've played with slow and lazy players before and it makes me want to be lazy. Maybe it's because Quick is too good. Sometimes you get lazy when you know somebody's going to do the work. Maybe it's because Lombardi dishes so many long-term contracts that players start to get lazy after they get their years locked in. Maybe there's a cancer in the locker room we don't know about.

Whatever it is, this team is an embarrassment and not worth the price of admission.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 01:02 PM
  #124
HookKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
First, Doughty wasn't a no brainer, for everyone that is saying he is, get your heads out of your collective *****, that has been debunked OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, there were a group of 3-4 Dmen that were CLOSE in age and skill and promise.

Second,

Let's see, he's drafted Voynov, pretty sure everyone loves him, he's drafted Clifford who made the team as a rookie and has good upside, he's drafted Martinez who has made a solid impact, he's drafted Lotkionov who has shown excellent skill

He drafted Brayden Schenn which got us Mike Richards,

Every single draft, going up to 2010, which is still too early, he's netted 2 NHL players, that's better than most GM's on a good day..

But yea...he can't draft....
Yeah there's our cup team right there...Loktionov, Clifford, Martinez and Voynov. How about some non-journeyman non-grinders that can actually put the puck in the net? Just how bad is his drafting and asset management? 6 years in Nolan and King are called up to save the day. Pathetic.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 01:06 PM
  #125
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Yeah there's our cup team right there...Loktionov, Clifford, Martinez and Voynov. How about some non-journeyman non-grinders that can actually put the puck in the net? Just how bad is his drafting and asset management? 6 years in Nolan and King are called up to save the day. Pathetic.
So you don't take people at their word?

He clearly spelled out and told everyone he was building from the net out,

He has done that...

You said he sucked at drafting, and you were proven wrong.... and now you jump and say...but...but..that's not a cup winning team..

Well no **** sherlock, no one ever said it was, but it's extremely solid drafting...isn't it?

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.