HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#56, 2/11/12, Kings lose to Islanders 2-1

Old
02-11-2012, 03:27 PM
bral
Go Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
As of today ship Penner, Stoll out, for whatever picks you can get.
Don't do a deadline deal for any kind of rental..

Off season re-evaluate what kind of system we will run, under Sutter or under a different coach.

I think you would be able to get more for a guy like Bernier in the off season vs what you will get in a couple of weeks.

THIS. Season's over, get some value for our UFA's and come back next year.

All you who think/hope DL will be fired are making me laugh. Even if we miss the playoffs DL will be back for next season.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Sam Gagner had more points in a game last week than the Kings have in how long?

This is record-settingly depressing.

Poor Quick

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
How about you admit that DL is pathetic???
It's always someone elses fault, can't ever be Dean.

Marc Crawford - Couldn't win with those loaded teams Dean gave him.
Dave Taylor - Left the cupboard totally bare
Terry Murray - Couldn't win with those loaded teams Dean gave him.
Red Berenson - Ruined Jack Johnson.
Al Murray - It's his fault we took Trevor Lewis in the 1st round
Gary Bettman - Gary Bettman is out to get Dean Lombardi (Dean's own words)
Anze Kopitar & Drew Doughty - Have let Dean down bigtime. Not Dean's fault he can't surround them with talent.
Tim Lieweke - Tim made Dean sign Blake and trade for Cloutier. Those were mistakes and Dean doesn't make those.

Last edited by Herby: 02-11-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Hey my biggest issue with Lombardi is the fact that he has Richards drowning with Stoll and Penner most of the year. I'm all about Rick Nash, regardless of cap hit. But you can't say Stewart sucks just because Penner sucks, that doesn't make sense. Its not like I love Stewart, it was just an idea. He's a young proven power forward.
Richards is playing with geriatrics as line-mates. Im not surprised he's doing bad, who wouldn't in his position.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Brodie562

Quote:
Originally Posted by bral View Post
THIS. Season's over, get some value for our UFA's and come back next year.

All you who think/hope DL will be fired are making me laugh. Even if we miss the playoffs DL will be back for next season.
dont say that! im not sure i could go thur another pointless season.

hahhaha who am i kidding im a Kings fan! hahaha *tear* =*(

Brodie562 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:31 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

As of this instant (two games in progress, six more to play tonight), the Kings have 26 games remaining.

27 points gets the Kings into the playoffs as the #8 seed (13-12-1).

Current pace - 92 points, #7 seed.

SPP: 11-5-7, .630. Projects to just under 33 more points, total of 96, still the #7 seed.

Need 98 points to move in front of Chicago for #6 seed (15-6-5).

Need 104 points to move in front of Nashville for #5 seed (20-5-1)

Need 105 points to move in front of San Jose for Pacific Division and #3 seed (21-5).

HansH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:31 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
He may have definitely cast his lot with the wrong "leadership group".

Tell me were you predicting this kind of mediocre performance by the forwards prior to the season? I doubt you saw this coming.

When your "best players" don't have the guts to be your best players, it's a problem.
The thing is, you are always bashing Kopitar. Where would this team be without his points??? They'd be a bottom feeder even with Quick standing on his head every game. He's the only Forward that has decent numbers.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:32 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
It's always someone elses fault, can't ever be Dean.
Hey, if he picked the wrong leadership group or handed over the reins too soon to kids that were not ready, it's his fault.

I think it is fairly common knowledge that one of the reasons Smyth wanted out was because he wanted a bigger role in the leadership department and Dean told him he wanted the kids to handle it. Well, they aren't.

You can pretty much see the disgust on the faces of Williams and Richards during games and pick up on it in some of their interviews.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:34 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

This loss also marks the first time the Kings have lost more games total than they've won during the Sutter era (11 wins, 12 regulation/ot/so losses)

HansH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:35 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
I think it is fairly common knowledge that one of the reasons Smyth wanted out was because he wanted a bigger role in the leadership department and Dean told him he wanted the kids to handle it. Well, they aren't.
Link to a credible source for this? You seem to talk a lot of smack about things you likely have no idea about. Link me a source and I'll eat my words.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

This management group has put together a team built for clutch and grab hockey. They have not put together a team that is even close to contention and all the years of him talking about the importance of player development has delivered very few results.

At what point do we realize that Kopitar and Brown aren't going to get much better than what we have already seen of them?

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Brodie562

Quote:
Hey, if he picked the wrong leadership group or handed over the reins too soon to kids that were not ready, it's his fault.

You can pretty much see the disgust on the faces of Williams and Richards during games and pick up on it in some of their interviews.
so then he handed this team over to the younger generation a little to soon then, right? still his fault!

Old
02-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Sam Gagner had more points in a game last week than the Kings have in how long?
You mean that guy that was picked after Hickey?

Butch 19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
sjmay*

Quote:

Curious,

Which kids are you referring to? Brown, Kopitar, Doughty, Johnson?

It would be fairly telling who Lombardi was referring to, if he was referring to Kopitar and Doughty, absolutely it should be on them.

If he was referring to Lewis, Clifford, and Lotkionov...well then...not much to say about that....

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
The thing is, you are always bashing Kopitar. Where would this team be without his points??? They'd be a bottom feeder even with Quick standing on his head every game. He's the only Forward that has decent numbers.
F his points. Stats are for losers. What does he do when the game is on the line?

Does he make the players on his line any better? Why did Sutter say he re-inserted Williams back on that line to get Kopitar going again? Well, that little dose of medicine seems to have run its course, so now what?

All I am saying is that if Kopitar and Doughty are not the best players on the ice night in and night out, then this collection of players will never be a team that will reach the level that their talent should allow.

Quick stepped up big time this season. His mental toughness and focus increased two-fold. It would sure be nice if some of these other guys started to get "it".

Old
02-11-2012, 03:38 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Curious,

Which kids are you referring to? Brown, Kopitar, Doughty, Johnson?

It would be fairly telling who Lombardi was referring to, if he was referring to Kopitar and Doughty, absolutely it should be on them.

If he was referring to Lewis, Clifford, and Lotkionov...well then...not much to say about that....
I think it's safe to say these guys.

Old
02-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Brodie562

Quote:
F his points. Stats are for losers. What does he do when the game is on the line?

Does he make the players on his line any better? Why did Sutter say he re-inserted Williams back on that line to get Kopitar going again? Well, that little dose of medicine seems to have run its course, so now what?

All I am saying is that if Kopitar and Doughty are not the best players on the ice night in and night out, then this collection of players will never be a team that will reach the level that their talent should allow.

Quick stepped up big time this season. His mental toughness and focus increased two-fold. It would sure be nice if some of these other guys started to get "it".
maybe he shouldnt have traded Lubo! or snubbed talented players in Cammalleri, Moulson, or Purcell?

Old
02-11-2012, 03:39 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie562 View Post
so then he handed this team over to the younger generation a little to soon then, right? still his fault!
Wow, you can read. Nice job.

Old
02-11-2012, 03:39 PM
damacles1156

7-15-6 when allowing the first goal and 1-17-3 when trailing after the second period.

Those are not playoff team numbers.

The Kings are going to have to get hot Soon. Like last week soon.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
At what point do we realize that Kopitar and Brown aren't going to get much better than what we have already seen of them?
Yet Dean still refers to Kopitar, Brown, Doughty and Johnson as "kids" and some fans just toally eat it up like this team has so much untapped potential. Teams have won championships with core players this age and younger.

The rest of your post is spot on as well, this is a team built to win in 1997 not 2012. The clutch and grab lets win 2-1 style of hockey is thankfully in the past, well except for Los Angeles where Dean Lombardi is forcing it down our throats.

We were all sold a bill of goods in April 2006, all these big lawyer words, those stupid depth charts, the cliches, building from the net out, the right fit, strength down the middle, Lombardi players, grit and character, culture of winning, culture changer. It's all a load of BS we were sold by this snake oil salesman.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:41 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie562 View Post
maybe he shouldnt have traded Lubo! or snubbed talented players in Cammalleri, Moulson, or Purcell?
Lubo crapped the bed.

Moulson I will agree with you. He didn't get a fair shot.

The other two are cut from the same cloth as the ones that can't get with the program right now. Purcell? How many chances does a guy need?

Old
02-11-2012, 03:43 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Yet Dean still refers to Kopitar, Brown, Doughty and Johnson as "kids" and some fans just toally eat it up like this team has so much untapped potential. Teams have won championships with core players this age and younger.

The rest of your post is spot on as well, this is a team built to win in 1997 not 2012. The clutch and grab lets win 2-1 style of hockey is thankfully in the past, well except for Los Angeles where Dean Lombardi is forcing it down our throats.

We were all sold a bill of goods in April 2006, all these big lawyer words, those stupid depth charts, the cliches, building from the net out, the right fit, strength down the middle, Lombardi players, grit and character, culture of winning, culture changer. It's all a load of BS we were sold by this snake oil salesman.
LMAO wow, the vitriol in this post is palpable.

Answer this, and anyone can join in.

Did Dean improve the scouting/minor league system of this organization to match other successful organizations like Detroit, NJ, etc?

Did Dean improve the goaltending situation?

Did Dean improve the defensive situation?

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:44 PM
MynameisKing

I really like what the Islanders do offensively. That had less shots but better grade "A" opportunities to score. If it wasn't for Quick then I think the Kings would of lost like 4 or 5-1. They must suck at finishing too as they struggle to score like us in most other games.

MynameisKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheSlovenian

Accountability. That's missing. Where is Sutter and DL and the coaching staff? Do something. Change offense for god's sake. AND WHY IS KOPITAR GLUED TO THE HALF-BOARD? I saw him parked in front of the net like only 2 or 3 times. And why does Brown only shoot and not pass? Have they forgotten how to play offense with creativity? Just look at Kopitar's goals compilation in his rookie season and tell me, that this cannot be fixed:

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LMAO wow, the vitriol in this post is palpable.

Answer this, and anyone can join in.

Did Dean improve the scouting/minor league system of this organization to match other successful organizations like Detroit, NJ, etc?

Did Dean improve the goaltending situation?

Did Dean improve the defensive situation?
Yes to all of the above, but I am still concerned with the hearts of his "leadership" group.