HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders will play preseason game in Oct 2012 in Brooklyn

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2012, 02:30 PM
  #326
MikeyMike01*
Hurray
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,432
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
"Growing too fast" HAHAHAHAHA nassore is stuck in 1960. Turtles move faster.
You can make a point without being childish.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:31 PM
  #327
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
You have an MBA? Priceless. So why does the team making less revenue in Brooklyn succeed when they make more revenue in Nassore? Why is part of the pie better with less seating than the whole pie where they are now?

Your MBA says because it's in Brooklyn? I'd call Ms.Struthers and demand my money back.
There you go ASSUMING everything is final and tunnelvisioned again. Ignoring the obvious is your MO. You're hopeless. Newsflash, NYI has the lowest revenue WITH the revised lease and more seats nobody fills. ASSUMING BK will be less revenue is naive but then you never could accept the concept that additional revenue from corp support, media, luxury boxes, probable better attendance and more media coverage in BK or Queens instead of nassore is viable and instead just manipulate the numbers and ASSUME and get nowhere. (Not to mention the Fenway principle - look it up genius or the chance BK could possibly add seats)

Priceless


Last edited by Bert Marshall days: 02-10-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Bert Marshall days is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:31 PM
  #328
19 in a row
Registered User
 
19 in a row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 500
Islander fan coming in peace.....

Someone mentioned to me that there is a lot of gentrification going on in the Atlantic ave area, does anyone know what the restaurant/bar situation will be for net games next year? I poked my head out Atl ave the other day saw the site but didnt have enough time to walk around...

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:34 PM
  #329
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
You can make a point without being childish.
Tell me what I said that wasn't true.

How is your county not behind the times, bankrupt and a financial mess?

(I do find that funny as your posts last week had 10 people saying you were childish with your Brooklyn comments but whatever)


This whole dialogue will probably be deleted soon.

Bert Marshall days is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:43 PM
  #330
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 16,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
There you go ASSUMING everything is final and tunnelvisioned again. Ignoring the obvious is your MO. You're hopeless. Newsflash, NYI has the lowest revenue WITH the revised lease and more seats nobody fills. ASSUMING BK will be less revenue is naive but then you never could accept the concept that additional revenue from corp support, media, luxury boxes, probable better attendance and more media coverage in BK or Queens instead of nassore is viable and instead just manipulate the numbers and ASSUME and get nowhere. (Not to mention the Fenway principle - look it up genius or the chance BK could possibly add seats)

Priceless
Umm....What revenues do the Isles get in someone else's building? If you're talking ASSUMPTIONS then tell me as a tenant, what does NYI get?

Tickets. Some small share of other revenue. Less seats to do it with.

Post some numbers. And like Mike says, like an adult.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:49 PM
  #331
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Umm....What revenues do the Isles get in someone else's building? If you're talking ASSUMPTIONS then tell me as a tenant, what does NYI get?

Tickets. Some small share of other revenue. Less seats to do it with.

Post some numbers. And like Mike says, like an adult.
You haven't accepted or understood it for 2 years, what makes you think you'll understand it now?

Seriously, can you comprehend at all what I just wrote about the ADDITIONAL revenue options? In someone elses building or not? You've always been so fixated on tenant/ownership that you're blind to the point so it's useless explaining it to you. ASSUMED numbers by seating only and not looking at ALL revenue streams is a fool's game. Your game, not mine.

Bert Marshall days is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:51 PM
  #332
Strummergas
Registered User
 
Strummergas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
Islander fan coming in peace.....

Someone mentioned to me that there is a lot of gentrification going on in the Atlantic ave area, does anyone know what the restaurant/bar situation will be for net games next year? I poked my head out Atl ave the other day saw the site but didnt have enough time to walk around...
The arena is right on Flatbush Ave. walk a few blocks east of the arena on Flatbush and you're in Park Slope. Tons of bars/restuarants to hit before the puck drops. I'm sure even more will pop up once the arena is finished.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 03:27 PM
  #333
19 in a row
Registered User
 
19 in a row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
The arena is right on Flatbush Ave. walk a few blocks east of the arena on Flatbush and you're in Park Slope. Tons of bars/restuarants to hit before the puck drops. I'm sure even more will pop up once the arena is finished.
thank you but for now it is jump ball not puck drop(save one scheduled pre season game to date). Lest we get way ahead of ourselves.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:29 PM
  #334
lorwood
Registered User
 
lorwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
I'm gonna shock you but.....I think Wang likes the Isles more than we give him credit. I think he's a naive buffoon in how he runs the team but I think he cares. He's just been cheap or the polar opposite foolish.

Murray? I'll side with the non tin foil hat theory that she just went by her job, accessing the impact and fallout of a plan and dealing with it much to the displeasure of many.

I think politicians will know full well there is a massive fallout both in voting, residents staying and economic viability of the County after the bricks come tumbling if the Isles leave so I don't see ABLI's "without the Isles" thing happening until/unless the Isles leave Nassau. I think, honestly, they fear the negative press and loss of generated residual income the County and local businesses will see with a dead building.
We are going to have to agree to disagree

If Wang cared he would have realized a long time ago that he should hire good hockey people and had to spend money. Wang never made a comprehensive set of moves to improve the team on a steady basis. Sure once in a while he would sign one "star" but I believe that even these signings were to tie the team and a name to his real estate aspirations.

No tin hat Wang Screwed Big Al and sealed his fate in Nassau. Its the way things have always been.

There are a ton of ways that the HUB can bring in revenues that are equal to or greater than what the NVMC brings in. These developers are not dumb they know the history of the project and the politics.

Will they start by offering a bone to Wang with a new building or a refurb? Probably

Will Wang be interested? IMHO No.

lorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:29 AM
  #335
Steve55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
I saw this post over on Baseball fever. I have no way of verifying the numbers but if accurate they are staggering.

"The Wilpons owe $430 million in principal on a loan against the team, due in 2014. They owe $450 million in principal on a loan against SNY, due in 2015. They owe an estimated $600 million, due in $25 million increments every six months, on the ballpark. And none of these debts factor in the settlement of the Madoff scandal."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...rt-filing-says

Noreen Harrington, a 20-year hedge-fund executive and former Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch employee who was trying to match the returns of the Madoff funds, quit her job as chief investment officer of Wilpon-owned Sterling Stamos in protest in 2003.

That came after the Wilpon-owned funds placed money with a Madoff feeder fund over her strenuous objections, the trustee suing the Wilpons for $386 million claims.

According to trustee Irving Picard's latest filings, Harrington met with Wilpon's brother-in-law, Saul Katz, in summer 2003 and told him that the Madoff-related funds either had to be "front running" or their statements were outright made up.

"Front running" means having knowledge of upcoming large trades and doing one's own trades beforehand, because one knows the direction the stock price is headed.

Harrington testified that Katz became "very angry" when she alleged Madoff might be front running.

"And I said, 'If it wasn't that, I believed it was fiction,' " Harrington testified. "And to that he said, 'What do you mean by fiction?' And I said, 'I don't believe the numbers [returns] are worth the paper they're printed on.'

"When Saul Katz asked me what I thought Madoff was doing with the money, my first response is an illegal act. You know, it's a violation of securit[ies] law, and it is illegal. It may be profitable, but it's extremely illegal. And the second is -- a fiction charge is even more heinous."


IF this testimoney works, the Isles very well have to pursue their new stadium without the Mets.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:41 AM
  #336
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 16,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
You haven't accepted or understood it for 2 years, what makes you think you'll understand it now?

Seriously, can you comprehend at all what I just wrote about the ADDITIONAL revenue options? In someone elses building or not? You've always been so fixated on tenant/ownership that you're blind to the point so it's useless explaining it to you. ASSUMED numbers by seating only and not looking at ALL revenue streams is a fool's game. Your game, not mine.
Dead serious: they make money on tickets sold and a portion of luxury boxes and perhaps (depending on the deal with arena op) a portion of concessions.

how much per ticket? How many tickets? How much additional sales generated FOR THOSE 41 GAMES?

You have no understanding of the situation clearly, so AGAIN.....what revenue? cite details you always willingly omit. Numbers. Total Seats Sold/Season X Price + Concession Take + Share of Advertising.

Numbers, not rants, kiddo. Hard numbers.

Because it's Brooklyn or Queens, is the money worth more? I'm banking with Astoria if it's true!


Just list your projected attendance figures (10,000,000 per game and the Isles get to play 200 nights since they're in the City and SO COOL!!!!) and the average ticket price YOU anticipate ($4,000 a pop since they're in da CITY!) for 41 nights.

Numbers. Please.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:49 AM
  #337
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 16,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
We are going to have to agree to disagree

If Wang cared he would have realized a long time ago that he should hire good hockey people and had to spend money. Wang never made a comprehensive set of moves to improve the team on a steady basis. Sure once in a while he would sign one "star" but I believe that even these signings were to tie the team and a name to his real estate aspirations.

No tin hat Wang Screwed Big Al and sealed his fate in Nassau. Its the way things have always been.

There are a ton of ways that the HUB can bring in revenues that are equal to or greater than what the NVMC brings in. These developers are not dumb they know the history of the project and the politics.

Will they start by offering a bone to Wang with a new building or a refurb? Probably

Will Wang be interested? IMHO No.
I totally get and understand your take but knowing Wang he's operated like this with a Fortune 500 company. Cronies, neoptism and he will shun any dissent, insisting he be surrounded only by yes men he trusts will agree and BE LOYAL. Thus, he hired Sow, kept Milbury and sent Smith and LaFontaine walking (one willingly).

Notice Patty is not in the Islander HOF yet? It was a snub bigtime to the whacko.

That being said, I maintain he CARES but in his own way, which to a sane peron rivals an abusive spouse's love. It's real, but friggen WARPED.


And on the last part, he damned well should be. in 2105, I don't want to see a scene from the Lonovalov at the end of Hunt For Red October play out....

"You arrogant ass. You've killed us!"

He better concede and take the free arena. He has to try and play landlord to them as well.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:45 PM
  #338
Steve55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
I think if ABLI gets involved in building the new coliseum or renovating the current one, there is at least a 50% chance their arrangement with the Isles would be no different than the SMG-Isles relationship before December 2009.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.