HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wings Home vs. Road Record

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2006, 02:41 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

vCash: 500
Wings Home vs. Road Record

I checked the Wings record and you guys are 1 more game over .500 on the road than at home. What gives? Joe Louis Arena was always an intimidating place to play. Then again both are good records maybe you guys are just THAT good on the road. Anyway, are the Rangers chances better in Detroit than in MSG? Hopefully we'll have a good game tomorrow (btw how did you manage to lose to the Islanders 2-1 earlier in the season?).

Old
01-13-2006, 02:47 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Babcock has said many times this year that the team gets too cute at home trying to impress the fans, but on the road they just keep it simple, get pucks on the net, skate hard, etc.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Maybe they ought to do what other teams have done in the past - make the team stay in a hotel for a long homestand to make them feel less "at home."

Old
01-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro
Babcock has said many times this year that the team gets too cute at home trying to impress the fans, but on the road they just keep it simple, get pucks on the net, skate hard, etc.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Maybe they ought to do what other teams have done in the past - make the team stay in a hotel for a long homestand to make them feel less "at home."

Well, you could see it- fans in Detroit are really, really tough to please. They know their hockey, and they've gotten incredibly spoiled with the talent levels they've had here over the past 10+ years. We boo them if they don't shoot the puck when "we" think it should be shot....never mind that they can play keep away with the opposition better than anyone else in the league.

Now that I've said all that though....this year has been different for the home record. Could it be the new roster is finding the Joe an intimidating place?

Old
01-13-2006, 04:11 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu
Well, you could see it- fans in Detroit are really, really tough to please. They know their hockey, and they've gotten incredibly spoiled with the talent levels they've had here over the past 10+ years. We boo them if they don't shoot the puck when "we" think it should be shot....never mind that they can play keep away with the opposition better than anyone else in the league.

Now that I've said all that though....this year has been different for the home record. Could it be the new roster is finding the Joe an intimidating place?
I don't know about the youngsters, but Stevie has always scored more goals on the road than at home. He's the only guy with 500+ goals to score more of them on the road. Then Pavel had that two month stretch without a home goal. There might be something to it.

Old
01-13-2006, 05:49 PM
O'shizzle

Maybe it's hard to get up for a game when you skate out and see 1/3 of the seats empty for the start of the game, and all the empty seats are in the lower bowl. I know it might be a reach, but doesn't it seem like the team comes out flat for a lot of games at the Joe, and then comes on late to win?

Old
01-14-2006, 01:11 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'shizzle
Maybe it's hard to get up for a game when you skate out and see 1/3 of the seats empty for the start of the game, and all the empty seats are in the lower bowl. I know it might be a reach, but doesn't it seem like the team comes out flat for a lot of games at the Joe, and then comes on late to win?
At least 20 other teams do this every night and don't seem affected by it. Only a handful of teams sell out every home game, and nobody fills every seat.

Old
01-14-2006, 04:01 PM
GuloGulo

anyways, we've improved the home record a tad now.

Closed Thread