HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wings Home vs. Road Record

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2006, 02:41 PM
  #1
NYRGoalieGlut*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Wings Home vs. Road Record

I checked the Wings record and you guys are 1 more game over .500 on the road than at home. What gives? Joe Louis Arena was always an intimidating place to play. Then again both are good records maybe you guys are just THAT good on the road. Anyway, are the Rangers chances better in Detroit than in MSG? Hopefully we'll have a good game tomorrow (btw how did you manage to lose to the Islanders 2-1 earlier in the season?).

NYRGoalieGlut* is offline  
Old
01-13-2006, 02:47 PM
  #2
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,245
vCash: 663
Babcock has said many times this year that the team gets too cute at home trying to impress the fans, but on the road they just keep it simple, get pucks on the net, skate hard, etc.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Maybe they ought to do what other teams have done in the past - make the team stay in a hotel for a long homestand to make them feel less "at home."

sarcastro is offline  
Old
01-13-2006, 03:31 PM
  #3
Fugu
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro
Babcock has said many times this year that the team gets too cute at home trying to impress the fans, but on the road they just keep it simple, get pucks on the net, skate hard, etc.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Maybe they ought to do what other teams have done in the past - make the team stay in a hotel for a long homestand to make them feel less "at home."

Well, you could see it- fans in Detroit are really, really tough to please. They know their hockey, and they've gotten incredibly spoiled with the talent levels they've had here over the past 10+ years. We boo them if they don't shoot the puck when "we" think it should be shot....never mind that they can play keep away with the opposition better than anyone else in the league.

Now that I've said all that though....this year has been different for the home record. Could it be the new roster is finding the Joe an intimidating place?

 
Old
01-13-2006, 04:11 PM
  #4
norrisnick
Registered User
 
norrisnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu
Well, you could see it- fans in Detroit are really, really tough to please. They know their hockey, and they've gotten incredibly spoiled with the talent levels they've had here over the past 10+ years. We boo them if they don't shoot the puck when "we" think it should be shot....never mind that they can play keep away with the opposition better than anyone else in the league.

Now that I've said all that though....this year has been different for the home record. Could it be the new roster is finding the Joe an intimidating place?
I don't know about the youngsters, but Stevie has always scored more goals on the road than at home. He's the only guy with 500+ goals to score more of them on the road. Then Pavel had that two month stretch without a home goal. There might be something to it.

norrisnick is offline  
Old
01-13-2006, 05:49 PM
  #5
O'shizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
Maybe it's hard to get up for a game when you skate out and see 1/3 of the seats empty for the start of the game, and all the empty seats are in the lower bowl. I know it might be a reach, but doesn't it seem like the team comes out flat for a lot of games at the Joe, and then comes on late to win?

O'shizzle is offline  
Old
01-14-2006, 01:11 PM
  #6
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,245
vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'shizzle
Maybe it's hard to get up for a game when you skate out and see 1/3 of the seats empty for the start of the game, and all the empty seats are in the lower bowl. I know it might be a reach, but doesn't it seem like the team comes out flat for a lot of games at the Joe, and then comes on late to win?
At least 20 other teams do this every night and don't seem affected by it. Only a handful of teams sell out every home game, and nobody fills every seat.

sarcastro is offline  
Old
01-14-2006, 04:01 PM
  #7
GuloGulo
Registered User
 
GuloGulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: trunkofacamaro
Country: Bahrain
Posts: 3,713
vCash: 500
anyways, we've improved the home record a tad now.

GuloGulo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.