HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville @ Boston - We meet at high noon (central)

Old
02-11-2012, 03:57 PM
kivaerijo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmytheTank View Post
They play the game the right way and are fun to watch.
not sure how you got that from todays game?

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 04:10 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Don't forget that they came in pissed after getting a beatdown in Buffalo
We came in having gotten beat down in Ottawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmytheTank View Post
Bruins fan coming in peace...

Really glad for the chance to watch your team today. They play the game the right way and are fun to watch. Here's hoping we see you again in the playoffs
I bet you do want to play us again. Score should have been 6-2 B's.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 04:31 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
The Preds lost a one goal game in Ottawa against a pretty good team .. Boston lost 6-0 to a Buffalo team that is struggling lately ... then waited since Wednesday for us to show up.

Last edited by 101st_fan: 02-11-2012 at 04:41 PM.
101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
i'm about sick and freaking tired of hearing about people *****ing about "negativity". we have every right to be negative .. starting all the way back to last summer. we the fans have been screwed in a lot of ways and when we see this inconsistent, no-effort ******** regularly you are damn right i'm going to be negative. am i suppose to be happy about all the money and time wasted to a "decent" team? heck no, i want a winner! not just a "oh, we made the playoffs... what a good year" .. eff that. this team gives us every right to be negative. starting from the lies from management to the product on the ice. this is a message board.. expect negativity... it's going to happen. whether we don't win a game or win the stanley cup.

end of rant.

disclaimer: i realize it could be way worse.. say columbus. but still.
As a Jackets fan who regularly crusades against the rampant pessimism there and occasionally visits here so as to see the occasional hockey win, this post is something beyond uproariously funny to me.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Preds311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
As a Jackets fan who regularly crusades against the rampant pessimism there and occasionally visits here so as to see the occasional hockey win, this post is something beyond uproariously funny to me.
I second this. I'd expect this rant from well established franchises. From our fanbase, not at all.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:45 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Did you happen to see who was skating in the area lost when they tied it up 3-3??? Yep number 8. Peks laying on the ice flopping like a fish and Klein sniffing the rear of guys infront of him going to the net for the backhand.
and Weber and Suter got COMPLETELY BURNED by a guy the size of Sully when we were on the PP. Weber made ZERO effort to play D on that goal.

that last goal was on Rinne. As for Klein - 5x4 is 1 extra guy, they had Thomas off the ice, too.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
the lineup needed a mix-up.. but not one where wilson is paired with smithson, wtf? tootoo and yip with smith.. who is going to handle the puck ? smith , right before he fires on net?

4th line with smithson in should be spaling smithson tootoo.

not to mention ellis being scratched for hillen.. cube should be scratched without question. one of hillen, cube will cost us a goal before the end of the game
Hillen finished +1 and looked good. Cube looked good too. Neither was running around like Ellis the last 4 games.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 06:47 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prederator View Post
Hillen finished +1 and looked good. Cube looked good too. Neither was running around like Ellis the last 4 games.
hillen was barely on the ice and +/- is a horrible way to prove if a defenseman played well from one game. he didn't look bad. still prefer ellis for offensive abilities alone

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 06:59 PM
token grinder

The last goal was all Rinne. No reason for him to be doing anything but hunkering down with a minute to go and down 2 men. Was a hard dump in that caromed straight out. You would think after fighting the boards all day he would have learned to stay in his net. He cose us that goal, and maybe point number 2.

Goal two,-lack of want by Klein

Goal One-Lack of want by 6 and 20.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
The last goal was all Rinne. No reason for him to be doing anything but hunkering down with a minute to go and down 2 men. Was a hard dump in that caromed straight out. You would think after fighting the boards all day he would have learned to stay in his net. He cose us that goal, and maybe point number 2.

Goal two,-lack of want by Klein

Goal One-Lack of want by 6 and 20.
Agreed. But I think it's only fair to include Josi on the 2nd goal too. It was mostly Klein getting beat, but Josi could have played that better as well by clogging the passing lane. He was busy trying to cross check the guy in the butt so his stick wasn't on the ice blocking the pass. It all happened quickly though so its hard to blame him. It was a great give and go play.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 07:56 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Agreed, PA. Both Klein and Josi are to blame on that second goal. Klein got beat on the wall, and Josi allowed the pass to get out. And I'm glad you gave credit to the Boston forwards for the play itself. That is a tough play to stop if you are in position. If you aren't, it is nearly impossible to stop.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:07 AM
token grinder

I can understand that, but Klein had his man half-pinned and let off and the forward made a play. Klein was a half second late.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post

I bet you do want to play us again. Score should have been 6-2 B's.
I was at the game and didn't come away with that .

Your team looks good. I thought the B's played well but were lucky to get the win .

Best of luck in the playoffs.