HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ruslan Fedotenko [Jaw/Head] (2/13: Likely back for Boston game)

Old
02-10-2012, 02:01 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Not calling anyone up - especially Wolski (or Zucarello) - is a real bad sign for their future on the club. Which we knew already. Playing 11 Fwd & 7 D = Coach is basically saying "Id rather have nobody play that position right now than either of you two". Oh well... Or maybe he wants to go to war with the Flyers (hence therefore Bickel playing) and then make the callup for the Washington game??? I would have used an emergency callup for Deveaux then as well - no?? Time will tell
Or maybe there is a trade coming!!!!11!1

Going with 11 forwards is not the end of the world. They will be fine for a while.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:35 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
The stick did hit his face but that doesn't change the fact that Moore knew what he was doing. What....do people think he was trying to hit his stick?
Exactly. His shoulder was gonna hit Feds in the face no matter what the stick just happened to get in the middle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Not calling anyone up - especially Wolski (or Zucarello) - is a real bad sign for their future on the club. Which we knew already. Playing 11 Fwd & 7 D = Coach is basically saying "Id rather have nobody play that position right now than either of you two". Oh well... Or maybe he wants to go to war with the Flyers (hence therefore Bickel playing) and then make the callup for the Washington game??? I would have used an emergency callup for Deveaux then as well - no?? Time will tell
I think with Wolski and Woywitka being on conditioning assignment they are still on the Rangers roster. With the game against Philly sat. Torts probably wanted to replace Feds with someone tough. Not sure if Bickel will play forward or if he'll just be sent out on defense every so often. Not sure if they could have recalled someone without sending someone down. Not sure which tough guys from Hartford have to pass through waivers and who doesnt. Maybe Torts figures they only need to dress Bickel for this one game and than Wolski will come back.

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:45 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Some day, my prayers will be answered and Newbury will no longer be in the Rangers organization. Bring up someone if necessary, anyone, but not Newbury.
Contrary to popular opinion, he is not okay, and not good enough.
YES^.

Can we try somebody with real speed? Not MZA.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Or maybe there is a trade coming!!!!11!1

Going with 11 forwards is not the end of the world. They will be fine for a while.
I agree. Double shift one or two guys to fill in the fourth line. TB did it last night.

I like Bickel being in for tomorrow because I think it will be another physical game but I think they should bring someone up for Sunday. Preferrably WW.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Esa 10

I like going with Bickel tomorrow as I outlined in my post this morning. They'll probably reinsert Wolski when his conditioning stint is over if Feds is still out. When is he due back? Probably need to play him a couple of times in NY before a trade is completed.

I can't believe there's no action on Moore. What he did was far more malicious than the hit by Ference. The play on McD might've been more dangerous, but that was reckless not intentional. This was a textbook deliberate headshot. Moore was pissed at Feds from the hit at the boards. Then again, Shanny did nothing to Sestito for a similar hit on Horton who's still out with concussion syndromes. Happened in the Boston game right after they played us. Player safety? Take care of Moore in March if he's still in Tampa.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:21 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
I like going with Bickel tomorrow as I outlined in my post this morning. They'll probably reinsert Wolski when his conditioning stint is over if Feds is still out. When is he due back? Probably need to play him a couple of times in NY before a trade is completed.

I can't believe there's no action on Moore. What he did was far more malicious than the hit by Ference. The play on McD might've been more dangerous, but that was reckless not intentional. This was a textbook deliberate headshot. Moore was pissed at Feds from the hit at the boards. Then again, Shanny did nothing to Sestito for a similar hit on Horton who's still out with concussion syndromes. Happened in the Boston game right after they played us. Player safety? Take care of Moore in March if he's still in Tampa.
Recall "clothesliner" Deveaux just for one game? Yeah - just do it!

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:35 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
No suspension for moore according to zipay

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
No suspension for moore according to zipay
Not surprised. Wolski put a very simular hit on Alfredson last year, he didnt get suspended either.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 06:52 PM
egelband

fwiw...i'd rather have my hair pulled than get blindsided by a shoulder to the jaw. moore makes sestito look like a prince.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 07:11 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Don't compare Wolski with Moore. These Moore boys are sneaky. Go look at the Naslund hit. Steve Moore said he wasn't aware Naslund was there when he hit him. Naslund was concussed on the play. Dominic said the same thing last night. Fedotenko was concussed on the play. Notice the trend. Shanahan didn't suspend Wolski because

Quote:
"Wolski's not a dirty player, and has no history of being a dirty player. There are collisions that occur on the ice where, unfortunately, one player sees it just prior. On this play here, Wolski has got to get out to this point. You see here, Gaborik, the left winger, has to come all the way to Wolski's point on the right side because Wolski's not there. [Wolski] ran into Alfredsson trying to get there.

"We've seen enough of these now and I don't like these but seen enough of them where when one player sees [the hit] just prior, he tenses up. And sometimes he even leans in, because he's bracing for an impact. When both guys see it, it's two guys tensing up and they bounce off each other and everybody's fine. It's really unfortunate here, when one player doesn't see it and the other guy does.

"Now, if I felt this was intentional, or if it wasn't at the last instant, just prior. [If] I might have felt there was any kind of sneakiness or history of these types of offenses for Wolski, he would have been suspended."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl,wp16508

Shanahan explained his decision to EJ Hradek and Bill Pidto. The video is in the link

Fedotenko hit Moore. Boyle said Moore upset about the hit and he hit Fedotenko.

Moore has never been suspended but it was a cheap hit.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

So if they don't suspend players who haven't been suspended before, how is anyone going to be suspended?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Don't compare Wolski with Moore. These Moore boys are sneaky. Go look at the Naslund hit. Steve Moore said he wasn't aware Naslund was there when he hit him. Naslund was concussed on the play. Dominic said the same thing last night. Fedotenko was concussed on the play. Notice the trend. Shanahan didn't suspend Wolski because

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl,wp16508

Shanahan explained his decision to EJ Hradek and Bill Pidto. The video is in the link

Fedotenko hit Moore. Boyle said Moore upset about the hit and he hit Fedotenko.

Moore has never been suspended but it was a cheap hit.
Steve's hit on Naslund was an accident in terms of the injury caused. Naslund was bent over and leading with his head. The same thing was true when Malkin hit Wayne Simmonds in almost the exact way a couple years ago.

One thing is for sure, both views on the hits mentioned above are fiercely believed and argued.

The hit on Fedotenko was not like the other two. Not even the same thing at all. Fedo is almost straight up, Moore takes a questionable angle on him, and from the back view of the video looks very bad. From the front view we see a very different picture. After watching it around 50 times, it does not look like he targets his head and in fact if his intent was to do so he could have destroyed Fedo.

That said, I don't like the leaning back motion. Perhaps he saw Fedo's stick up and was trying to protect himself or hit back to contact he thought was coming. We'll never know for sure.

The game happens so fast that I want to give Moore the benefit of the doubt, but I would have still slapped his hand with one of those joke $2,500 fines just to let others know that type of behavior is not accepted, instinct or planned. I also would not have argued against a one game suspension either. You can say we don't believe Moore to be dirty and does nto have a reputation BUT in areas where we have to guess intent, we are going to side against the hitter to help clean up the game going forward. We are actively trying to change how players think the game and not just going by one play situations.

Again, Naslund lunged out with his stick to play the puck into the path Moore was already on to separate Naslund from the puck. Nothing sneaky about Steve's play there. If he does not take that line to make a play on Naslund he is on the bench getting yelled at for being a joke NHLer.

Naslund could have let the puck to, tried to dance around Moore, if he didn't see him obviously he could not have, but why as a NHL player in that spot on the ice are you basically leaning out over a bent knee to just poke a puck ahead?

Was Steve's chicken wing shrugging off contact he felt and natural motion? That's where the question and similarity can come in I guess, but to me D. Moore's hit is very different.

Hope Feds is OK and does not miss much time. Love the player he turns into come playoff time and hoping the Rangers make a deep run and I'd also love seeing Lundy win a cup and MVP of the playoffs.

Hope no one felt my post was trolling, just didn't agree with the opinion I replied to. Cheers

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 07:39 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers would need to make a roster move to bring up a player. WW and Cheeks count. The Rangers don't meet the criteria for "emergency" recall. They have 23 players on the roster.

Quote:
(ii) Emergency conditions shall be established when the playing
strength of the Loaning Club, by reason of incapacitating injury or
illness or by League suspension to its Players is reduced below the
level of two (2) goalkeepers, six (6) defensemen and twelve (12)
forwards. Proof of the existence of the emergency conditions
including the incapacity shall be furnished to the Commissioner of
the League upon request made by him.
page 73

The Rangers have 12 forwards with Wolski and Fedotenko hurt.

They could place Fedotenko on IR(7 day minimum)

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Cmox

Katie Strang @KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Tampa's Dominic Moore fined $2,500 by leagye for last night's hit on Ruslan Fedotenko

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
#NYR Tampa's Dominic Moore fined $2,500 by leagye for last night's hit on Ruslan Fedotenko

WOW, $2500. That'll teach Moore a lesson.

No suspension? If that's the case, it's just further proof of how much of a ***** Shanahan has been in that role.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

People are fined more than that for illegal parking.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:48 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Video here:

He has to be suspended, if not it would be a ********* joke!!

Dirty move by Moore and a bit sad that Rupper or Pruster didnt pummeled him afterwards!

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 08:00 AM
92hatchattack

^^^^ Maybe they just didnt see the play?

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 09:25 AM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Well at least now he will have repeat offender status when he pulls this **** on someone else (he has in the past and will again).

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 09:26 AM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z58p7SfIu9A

Kind of surprised Shanny didn't look at this one...same exact sneaky drive by and shoulder raise into someone's face by Moore.

Not sure what the point of a youtube embed function is when it doesn't do anything, but copy and paste if you'd like lol

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:20 AM
truebluegoalie

Moore fined a drop in the bucket for "interference."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387468

*edit
My bad, didn't see cmox already mentioned it above.

Last edited by truebluegoalie: 02-11-2012 at 11:31 AM.
truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:58 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
What's the point?

02-11-2012, 11:05 AM
bmw2004

So what is the update? Is it a concussion?

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What's the point?

Exactly, there is no point. It's Shanahan being a ***** with his suspension decisions, as he usually is. A $2500 fine does nothing to discourage that kind of cheap hit; if anything, it implicitly encourages it by sending the message that that type of hit won't bring any serious punishment.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 08:51 PM
collegehockeyguy

think bickel will play forward again tomorrow against the capitals?

collegehockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote