HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

hasek's comments after the sharks loss

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Rico__Persson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
This is the same way I feel. Right now, the rest of the teams in the NHL look at the Sens and say if you shut down their top line, you can beat them. Mike Fisher, Chris Neil, and Peter Schaefer are all great at what they do, but they are not a 2nd line. They are the ideal 3rd line in the NHL. Do you think any team in the league is scared of Vaclav Varada, Chris Kelly, and Patrick Eaves? One has no hands at all and the other two are rookies. With them, it's a whole lot of work with little result.

I'm not just gonna dog the offense, because the defense hasn't been too great lately either, namely Zdeno Chara and Wade Redden. These last few weeks they've been brutal, both commiting awful giveaways at terrible times. Those two are both considered Top 10 defenseman in the NHL and they haven't been playing like it at all lately. If these two aren't playing well than the entire team will struggle. Phillips and Volchenkov have been better than both of those two lately, IMO. I get the feeling Meszaros might be playing hurt from the shot he took in the Boston game because he just doesn't look that good right now, particularly his skating. Pothier has actually been decent back there, but I still lack faith in the guy.

The blowout wins are not going to give me much more confidence. This team needs to win some close games before I stop worrying.
This is usually the time when you'll se early season "surprises" come back to earth. It sometimes comes so easy to a younger player that when you get the bounces sometimes you forget to do the hard workout and disipline that got you there in the first place.

I'm going to go with a mental lapse, as this seems to be the point on the calendar when the season begins to change. Just ahead of the Onlympic break, but not yet the playoffs.

Meszaros will bounce back and get refocused I think. Just a blip in the radar. (I'm not sure what a blip is but I've heard of that saying before)

Closed Thread