HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobrovsky

Old
02-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
What are you talking about?

Before this season even started many people noticed that this team didnt have the personnel after going into a youth movement. Pair that with losing their most important player in Pronger, and its surprising that I'm saying the Players are not good enough?
agreed. I expected us to start slow and get better as the season wore on. But then when Pronger went down and Bryz playing poorly I expected doom and gloom. While I am not happy how we are playing, we are where I expected in the standings. I figured we would be behind Boston, Wash(division leader) and battling Pitt and NYR.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Like the notable exceptions who just one week ago said Bryz got outplayed in a game in which he didn't surrender a goal.
Well...Nabokov DID outplay him.

02-11-2012, 07:59 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well...Nabokov DID outplay him.
Nabokov would have outplayed Dryden that game.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
Anbody but you that is. again i know you wanted vokoun but at least now that were being exposed on a regular basis without bryz can we all, including you, realize that bryzgalov's shakiness stemmed from our awkward defense in front of him after pronger went down

Pronger was injured Oct. 24th against the Maple Leafs. Bryzgalov was playing terrible before Pronger went down. Let's face it; Bryz has been just as much to blame as the defense. He just wasn't good. He's improving now, but we still have yet to see if it will last, or if he'll throw up a few more crap efforts. His three games before Pronger was injured he put up .885, .821, .840, so he was doing pretty awful with Pronger in the lineup.

Can you please explain how we've been "exposed on a regular basis without Bryz?" We got exposed with Bryz as well. Hell, even when the team was playing great (last NYR game) Bryz royally crapped the bed. Bryz's shakiness is just as much in his OWN hands as it is the team in front of him. What's sad is that even though he's been gradually improving, he STILL isn't playing like a true franchise goaltender and he certainly hasn't spent a lot of time looking like our goaltending solution; too many backbreaking goals at crucial times. He hasn't proven that he can handle the pressure.

Bryz was brought in to bail out the defense and team when they aren't on the money, instead of having to see our goaltender suck whenever the defense isn't playing stellar. He flat out hasn't done that. That's upsetting, and makes his signing seem pretty damned pointless.

The only reason I preferred Vokoun is that I thought he would have gotten a more manageable contract than what Bryz would have gotten. Well...that turned out to be extremely true.

Quote:
he did lose confidence and had bad games after but his problems were created by the team in front not despite their awesome play like you claim. i've heard too many times "we score so much and we have to just to win 6-5" the reason we can generate 6 goals is cause we put 5 forwards out there.
The team isn't creating his problems. The team isn't making him let Gaborik's goal in, for instance, or forcing him to keep his 5hole open, or making him give up a goal seemingly every time he tries to poke check. The team isn't making him keep his hands down at his sides instead of up, leaving the high areas open. The team isn't making him give up unscreened wrist shots he can see the whole way in. The team didn't make him put on loads of weight in the offseason, hurting his quickness (though maybe the training staff did...)

The team is failing to clear the crease, yes, and committing way too many turnovers. They play out of position on defense often, which gives up unsaveable goals. These things don't make Bryz or Bob's life any easier. But, the team isn't responsible for the rest.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Nabokov would have outplayed Dryden that game.
Yeah, it seemed like JXC was implying Nabby DIDN'T outplay Bryz, though.

Old
02-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Flyerfan4life

theres no question the defense has been leaky/bad all season but recently it has hit critical mass.

seems after the allstar break to defense as a whole has been even worse. so bad that even when the goalies have a good game its not enuf cuz the D makes it impossible to win

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Hell, even when the team was playing great (last NYR game) ...
lol ..... the game with the 3rd period turnovers?, one just 25 feet in front of the net RIGHT to a Ranger ....that game ? oh, OK.

Quote:
Bryz was brought in to bail out the defense and team when they aren't on the money ...
but when Bob is in net, he's given a pass when doesn't do the same? [NJD last Sat] ..... oh, OK.

g'nite .... my tummy hurts from laughing now

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
lol ..... the game with the 3rd period turnovers?, one just 25 feet in front of the net RIGHT to a Ranger ....that game ? oh, OK.

but when Bob is in net, he's given a pass when doesn't do the same? [NJD last Sat] ..... oh, OK.
Are we watching the same games? Those two games were NOTHING alike. The team was playing pretty well against NYR, they mounted a comeback, and that momentum was trashed once Bryz let in the backbreakers. Also, that goal let in off the Carle turnover is just as much on Bryz as it is on Carle. That was very stoppable...yet it went in.

NJ game, Bob was pretty much completely on his own.

Quote:

And with that, I'm done with this thread and I'm done debating you for good. Your blind devotion to Bryzgalov makes it utterly impossible for you to see things in a realistic light, and makes you utterly incapable of honestly judging his or the team's performance. Your avatars, your weird thing with people calling him a bum, the thread title change here...it's borderline obsessive. You've turned this into an utter farce and waste of time. Also, please stop judging Bryzgalov by beer league standards, the guy is an NHL goalie...supposedly of "franchise" caliber; try judging him by those standards. Watch some other teams' games, and see the saves those goalies make...watch them steal games when their team is playing badly, or bail them out for a while. Maybe then you'll see the things Bryz isn't doing. You guys have fun, I'm out.

Edit: Oh, and you should really try replying to a person's entire post and reasoning instead of taking one sentence out of context and focusing on that. Example: when I was discussing the cap and you failed to address the rationalization for why cap hit relative to performance is important

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 02-11-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old
02-11-2012, 09:15 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:

lolz

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:

You are aware that Bryz has one of the worst stat lines in the NHL right? Not to mention, he's been in 4 shootouts, and in 3 of those (aka, the majority), he did not make ANY saves.

I don't give a crap how bad a team plays in front of their goalie, you have to be insane to think Bryz is performing anywhere close to where he should be. The flyers are paying over 5 million to a guy who's been outperformed by AHLers.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Are we watching the same games? Those two games were NOTHING alike. The team was playing pretty well against NYR, they mounted a comeback, and that momentum was trashed once Bryz let in the backbreakers. Also, that goal let in off the Carle turnover is just as much on Bryz as it is on Carle. That was very stoppable...yet it went in.

And with that, I'm done with this thread and I'm done debating you for good. Your blind devotion to Bryzgalov makes it utterly impossible for you to see things in a realistic light, and makes you utterly incapable of honestly judging his or the team's performance. Your avatars, your weird thing with people calling him a bum, the thread title change here...it's borderline obsessive. You've turned this into an utter farce and waste of time. Also, please stop judging Bryzgalov by beer league standards, the guy is an NHL goalie...supposedly of "franchise" caliber; try judging him by those standards. Watch some other teams' games, and see the saves those goalies make...watch them steal games when their team is playing badly, or bail them out for a while. Maybe then you'll see the things Bryz isn't doing. You guys have fun, I'm out.

Edit: Oh, and you should really try replying to a person's entire post and reasoning instead of taking one sentence out of context and focusing on that. Example: when I was discussing the cap and you failed to address the rationalization for why cap hit relative to performance is important
gotta hand it to you Beef you've stayed in the trenchs trying to "help" this poster to see the lite longer then any of the rest of us..

just move on and write him off as beyond help. we all have.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:58 AM
PJStock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
You are aware that Bryz has one of the worst stat lines in the NHL right? Not to mention, he's been in 4 shootouts, and in 3 of those (aka, the majority), he did not make ANY saves.

I don't give a crap how bad a team plays in front of their goalie, you have to be insane to think Bryz is performing anywhere close to where he should be. The flyers are paying over 5 million to a guy who's been outperformed by AHLers.
So wait, you actually think Lundqvist would still be having a Vezina calibre year playing in front of that weak excuse for a defense the Flyers have? You saw first hand yesterday how Bobrovsky has been let out to dry, obviously you have not seen Bryzgalov in action this year and the way the defense plays in front of him. Bryz isn't performing as well as we would like him to, but he hasn't been a problem since the New Year.

By the way, why do so many of you Rangers fans have those matching horrid avatars with the moving Torts head?

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
so, only SOME goalies are expected to bail out the defense and team when they aren't on the money ... gotchya

Quote:
even when the team was playing great (last NYR game)
Quote:
The team was playing pretty well against NYR,

great to pretty well ...

next will come the correct description: poor defensively, with 3rd period turnovers that Bryz didn't bail them out on.
I stand by what I said: neither Bryz nor Bob were the problem vs NYR these last 2 games.

Quote:
You are aware that Bryz has one of the worst stat lines in the NHL right?
his and Bob's stats are just about identical, you are aware of that, right? you ARE aware that i've maintained that Bryz still needs to improve, right? or are you just jumping in without the facts ....

Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 02-12-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old
02-12-2012, 12:09 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
I stand by what I said: neither Bryz nor Bob were the problem vs NYR these last 2 games.
Quote:
only Bob imploded today. isn't it the goalie's job to pick up the D when they make a mistake ? or that only applied when Bryz played NYR.

got news for you: at no time in Bry's game vs NYR did he look as Bad @ Bob did swimming laps as goal #5 was put by him today

Kimmo was right: the difference vs NYR is that their goalie covers up their mistakes .... today: Bob ? not so much
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...103523&page=32

Quote:
that was in response to:

in my view, neither 'imploded'. but to demand Bryz cover for the mistakes, and absolve Bob from doing is LOL worthy
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...103523&page=34

You're waffling more than Waffle Hut.

Last edited by hckyplayer8: 02-12-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Fixed link issue
Old
02-12-2012, 12:29 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
mmmm. waffles

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:32 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

it sucks that smeef has stopped arguing for the cause. im gonna have to start sayin bryz sucks to keep this goin. BRYZ SUCKS and he's not worth that contract of his and The philadelphia Flyers suck BECAUSE of Bryzgalov. how am i doin?

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
You're waffling
no, i'm not .... what i was doing was posting stupid shat like you, and that obviously sarcastic post was in response to:
Quote:
Yeah. He better apologize for the BUM imploding.
in my view, neither 'imploded'. but to demand Bryz cover for the mistakes, and absolve Bob from doing is LOL worthy

either goalies are expected to cover up the mistakes or they're not .....

oh, wait, Bob is younger & makes less, so he gets a pass, right ?

no, I expect good performances from BOTH of them, and although I don't blame Bob at all for goal 5, he's gotta come across the crease under control, rather than sprawling. He should have been able to push off and go post to post on his pads, not on his ass, or belly.

Old
02-12-2012, 12:41 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
no, i'm not .... what i was doing was posting stupid shat like you, and that obviously sarcastic post was in response to:

either goalies are expected to cover up the mistakes or they're not .....

oh, wait, Bob is younger & makes less, so he gets a pass, right ?

no, I expect good performances from BOTH of them, and although I don't blame Bob at all for goal 5, he's gotta come across the crease under control, rather than sprawling. He should have been able to push off and go post to post on his pads, not on his ass, or belly.
lolz

Give it up dude. Everybody has figured out what you are a long time ago.

Old
02-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
it sucks that smeef has stopped arguing for the cause. im gonna have to start sayin bryz sucks to keep this goin. BRYZ SUCKS and he's not worth that contract of his and The philadelphia Flyers suck BECAUSE of Bryzgalov. how am i doin?
very good, can't really tell the difference ..... but there's still a few others who insist that Bob oughtta be the #1, then hold him to a lesser standard, they used to spout about the stats difference between the 2 goalies & now that they are identical, where are all these stats ?? ....but we figured out who they are a long time ago

next they'll try to shift focus to contracts, as if that's a valid reason to give Bob a pass ....

LOLZ

Old
02-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Flyerfan4life

this thread is sooo boring without Beef...

/sniffle...

Old
02-12-2012, 01:07 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
very good, can't really tell the difference ..... but there's still a few others who insist that Bob oughtta be the #1, then hold him to a lesser standard, they used to spout about the stats difference between the 2 goalies & now that they are identical, where are all these stats ?? ....but we figured out who they are a long time ago

next they'll try to shift focus to contracts, as if that's a valid reason to give Bob a pass ....

LOLZ

Old
02-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
So wait, you actually think Lundqvist would still be having a Vezina calibre year playing in front of that weak excuse for a defense the Flyers have? You saw first hand yesterday how Bobrovsky has been let out to dry, obviously you have not seen Bryzgalov in action this year and the way the defense plays in front of him. Bryz isn't performing as well as we would like him to, but he hasn't been a problem since the New Year.

By the way, why do so many of you Rangers fans have those matching horrid avatars with the moving Torts head?
Lundqvist HAS stolen games this season when his team left him out to dry. The rangers were outplayed in many games this season where lundqvist stood on his head to steal the game.

As for the avatar, it was our "playoff push" avatar theme last season

Quote:
his and Bob's stats are just about identical, you are aware of that, right? you ARE aware that i've maintained that Bryz still needs to improve, right? or are you just jumping in without the facts ....
Yes, I am aware of that, and bobs is a backup on an ELC. Bryz has one of the biggest contracts for a goalie in the league. Are you seriously going to say that Bryz isn't expected to outperform bobs? It would be like me arguing redden isn't that bad, he's doing as good as a #7 defenseman on an ELC.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Are you seriously going to say that Bryz isn't expected to outperform bobs?
you obviously have not read my posts if you ask that question, so i'm not gonna get upset.

of course, Bryz is expected to live up to his career numbers, that's why the Flyers signed him.

he better, or we're toast. i think he will.

the issue is that some here buried Bryz and labelled him as a 'mistake' or a 'bum' after only 26 games with the Flyers, ignoring his career numbers and focusing on the contract & those 26 games. some here still claim Bob should be the '#1'

I say: since his much deserved Winter Classic benching, he has posted very good numbers & worked harder in practice [per everyone], given up 6 goals in his last 5 games & now has stats identical to Bob - no small feat after Bryz's poor 1st 26 games.

i think Bryz will live up to his career numbers, and at this point still needs to improve & exhibit more confidence; no question about it.

i like Bob, a lot. he needs to learn to be less 'out of control', not go down as fast, & 'play big' ... he's a 2nd year goalie .... it takes time.

Ultimately, i don't care WHO is the #1 if we get a CUP ... I was fine with the team sticking w/ Bob this year --- but they signed Bryz & want him to be the #1 ...... and if Bryz continues his needed improvement since the WC, I think he will be deserving of being the #1.

I'm not gonna focus on his bad start, what's done is done. I'm focusing on his improvement since then.

it's almost like there are fans here who WANT Bryz to fail, so they can say 'told ya so' .... those guys posted about the stats difference in Bob's favor before the WC, but now don't post stats .... they cut Bob slack, whereas Bryz gets none from these guys

I don't blame Bob for any of the goals against vs NYR, I did blame Bryz last week vs Gaborik ... though i do want Bob to learn to come across the crease under control, rather than sprawling. He should have been able to push off and go post to post on his pads, not on his ass, or belly. That's my only criticism from yesterday [not the actual goal going in, but his 'technique']

Old
02-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Bob in goal vs DET, Lavy says

Old
02-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

IMO Bob would crumble if he was the no1 goaltender again. For all the talk about his mental prepreation, I wonder why he puts himself through all of it. He seems to have significant mental lapses, and when he does, the games are blowouts.

My main beef with Bryz is that he seemed to give up on the D early in the season when they gave up on him. I honestly believe that Bryz will regain his phoenix form. He's got the ability and with 30+ games under his belt with the current defense he will peice it all together.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote