HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat Leafs 5-0 | Price with a SO on Mats Sundin night

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2012, 10:48 PM
  #126
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,809
vCash: 500
Where is the Eller highlight???

What a beautiful goal.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:49 PM
  #127
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
This team is weird.

They blow out teams. Lose close games and are the only non playoff team to have an E GD...WEIRD.
Actually they have more goals for than against. NHL standings counts shootout losing goals as a goal against for some reason. Habs have 147 goals for and 142 goals against.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:51 PM
  #128
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
2 weeks ago Burkie said he had 2 number 1 goalies...tonight he is trying to acquire a 3rd one...
good one ...

feels great to ruin the sundin night, and if they miss the playoffs , its going to be bittersweet no matter what happens to us. I'm not over darcy #$@%ucker yet, can you imagine how much time itll take to forget about phaneuf, komisarek, and grabovsky ? My hate for them is retroactive. And seeing kaberle with a leafs jersey made me realize he had the same unibrow back then.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:51 PM
  #129
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Actually they have more goals for than against. NHL standings counts shootout losing goals as a goal against for some reason. Habs have 147 goals for and 142 goals against.
Same as Toronto then. WEIRDER!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:52 PM
  #130
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
If this were the team we saw in November then things would be so much different right now.
Obviously it's not but it had the potential to be this team.

What do you call someone who isn't happy that the Habs got Bourque, a second rounder, a prospect, and a reducton of about $3M in the payroll for Cammalleri? An idiot.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:52 PM
  #131
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Where is the Eller highlight???

What a beautiful goal.
Loved especially because it was a one on one with Phaneuf! Always hated that guy, even as a Flame!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:53 PM
  #132
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Obviously it's not but it had the potential to be this team.

What do you call someone who isn't happy that the Habs got Bourque, a second rounder, a prospect, and a reducton of about $3M in the payroll for Cammalleri? An idiot.
Loved that Trade.......


Cammalleri 2G 1A -7
Bourque 3G 2A E

3 million less on the CAP.....


Suck it CBC and all those other major networks that hated this trade!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:57 PM
  #133
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
good one ...

feels great to ruin the sundin night, and if they miss the playoffs , its going to be bittersweet no matter what happens to us. I'm not over darcy #$@%ucker yet, can you imagine how much time itll take to forget about phaneuf, komisarek, and grabovsky ? My hate for them is retroactive. And seeing kaberle with a leafs jersey made me realize he had the same unibrow back then.
Kaberle has been Okay as a Hab. Don't get me wrong I would take a do over on that trade any day. I just thought he'd be much much worse! He MIGHT even be tradable come the deadline.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:59 PM
  #134
11Goat11
Inside her
 
11Goat11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Obviously it's not but it had the potential to be this team.

What do you call someone who isn't happy that the Habs got Bourque, a second rounder, a prospect, and a reducton of about $3M in the payroll for Cammalleri? An idiot.
Love your posts, I don't post as much cause you always say what I'm thinking.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:59 PM
  #135
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
5 wins streak and we are still 8 pts away from a playoffs spot.. This team has started playing composed hockey too late... Maybe I would start believing again with a decent PP unit but we clearly lack top end talent up front..

BTW anyone miss Cammalleri?
Meh Cammy, sayonara right now I'd rather watch Leblanc. I think an irony is that if we "tank" and sell assets like Gill and Moen etc we may actually win more with increased minutes for Diaz Emelin Leblanc.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:04 PM
  #136
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Obviously it's not but it had the potential to be this team.

What do you call someone who isn't happy that the Habs got Bourque, a second rounder, a prospect, and a reducton of about $3M in the payroll for Cammalleri? An idiot.
... i'm honestly surprised at the way he always ends up at the right place at the right time. Wasn't sure what to think of it (the trade)... but when you factor the cap ... it just wins it for us. Cammy is NOT worth 6m.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:04 PM
  #137
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Habs are such an oddity in the league.

15th for GFG
10th for GAG
13th for Diff with SO (Even)
13th for true +/- (GFG vs GAG) trailling two teams by only 0,01 -Habs are 0,08 +/-
10th for 5vs5
1st PK

22nd for ROW
30th PP
30th for SO differential (-5)
Tied for 25th in win %


This team is a lot better than their win record shows. I've kept waiting for them to turn the corner and I think they might just be finally getting there.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:07 PM
  #138
onice
Registered User
 
onice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Did you guys notice BG was watching the team tonight, but no sight of PG???
That's because PG was out of sight on his hands and knees - polishing Gainey's shoes .


Last edited by onice: 02-11-2012 at 11:16 PM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:07 PM
  #139
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Kaberle has been Okay as a Hab. Don't get me wrong I would take a do over on that trade any day. I just thought he'd be much much worse! He MIGHT even be tradable come the deadline.
don't lose sleep over it ... expect to see an unibrow in the next team picture, and the next ...

he could fit here... if he trains and loses say ...40 pounds ... he's going to fit in nicely. He's on pace to be out of shape faster that spacek ... its a shame, he's got so much talent and a lot of good hockey left to play. In a market like Raleigh ... he's a floater.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:10 PM
  #140
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
... i'm honestly surprised at the way he always ends up at the right place at the right time. Wasn't sure what to think of it (the trade)... but when you factor the cap ... it just wins it for us. Cammy is NOT worth 6m.
We got a 2nd pick

or not

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:13 PM
  #141
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Habs are such an oddity in the league.

15th for GFG
10th for GAG
13th for Diff with SO (Even)
13th for true +/- (GFG vs GAG) trailling two teams by only 0,01 -Habs are 0,08 +/-
10th for 5vs5
1st PK

22nd for ROW
30th PP
30th for SO differential (-5)
Tied for 25th in win %


This team is a lot better than their win record shows. I've kept waiting for them to turn the corner and I think they might just be finally getting there.
10th for 5vs5

^^This one^^ is almost infuriating... damn you PP and shootout!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:14 PM
  #142
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
don't lose sleep over it ... expect to see an unibrow in the next team picture, and the next ...

he could fit here... if he trains and loses say ...40 pounds ... he's going to fit in nicely. He's on pace to be out of shape faster that spacek ... its a shame, he's got so much talent and a lot of good hockey left to play. In a market like Raleigh ... he's a floater.
Let's hope Markov rubs off on him.




if markov there is

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:17 PM
  #143
Face81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Bad night for the tank, good night for the soul.

I hate watching Galchenyuk slip away but love winning
Don't worry we're only 4 pts away of 28th

Face81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:18 PM
  #144
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
I hope White will be back for next game, and especially for the game against the Bruins.

They should call back Schultz too.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:18 PM
  #145
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,876
vCash: 500
Out of curiosity I turned to the Leafs board. There were so many sour posts that I was depressed and couldn't continue to the end because it reminded me of things I've read on this board throughout the season.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:22 PM
  #146
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
Love your posts, I don't post as much cause you always say what I'm thinking.
No surprise. I believe he's closer to 100 years old than you are to 50!
;-)

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:23 PM
  #147
True Tick and Tin
Registered User
 
True Tick and Tin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 1,326
vCash: 500
Hell of a game tonight. I daresay everyone played well, except perhaps Campoli hehe. I remember some bad shifts for him in the 1st.

Also, does anyone have a clip of the supposed Subban slewfoot?

True Tick and Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:25 PM
  #148
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I hope White will be back for next game, and especially for the game against the Bruins.

They should call back Schultz too.
Spoken like someone who hasn't watched schultz play. He's only just started being useful at the AHL level.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:27 PM
  #149
Kikizaz
Registered User
 
Kikizaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I hope White will be back for next game, and especially for the game against the Bruins.

They should call back Schultz too.
I understand why you want Schultz in against the bruins. LL and Palushaj are not going to get many minutes if the game is close so you might prefer some toughness against the bruins... However if you want toughness, lets try an actual NHL calibre player. Schultz is not ready, and there is a world of difference between AHL and NHL.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:31 PM
  #150
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Thank you overlords! This is why I love HFBoards.
You'll come for the helpful,music related posts, but you'll stay for the whining, *****ing and moaning.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.