HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2012, 09:21 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
The only way this works is if Sather and Company have already decided on the following:

1) Dubinsky will be moved
2) Anisimov will be moved
3) At least (1) of Sauer/MDZ/McDonagh will be moved

All to be replaced by young, cheap players.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
I think problem comes not next year but the year after. Running some quick #s on capgeek, swapping out Dubi for Nash and signing players to IMO reasonable contracts, it's possible to field an almost unaltered team next season. It's when AA, Hags, Stepan, McD and Sauer all hit RFA in 13-14 that the problems hit
yeah, pretty much. Carter makes all kinds of sense though. gifted scorer, versatile on where you can play him, and he'd be in a support role playing with a pure passer.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The only way this works is if Sather and Company have already decided on the following:

1) Dubinsky will be moved
2) Anisimov will be moved
3) At least (1) of Sauer/MDZ/McDonagh will be moved

All to be replaced by young, cheap players.
honestly...i think eventually that IS what is going to happen anyway.

Id look to move Dubi this year if we can improve the team with a guy like Carter (or Nash)

I just dont see Sauer being as huge of a need when you have Staal, Girardi, MCD, and MDZ on this team. all 4 are capable and able to play 30 mins a night..and Stralman, granted in a very small sample size, has been right up there with those guys in terms of play.

Sauer is expendable...which just speaks volumes about this team.

AA, im questionable on...i dont think he'd be an expensive player to keep, and i love that you literally can play him in any kind of a role and he's not going to really hurt you.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

CBJ doesnt do it, but swap out kreider for thomas and i pull the trigger.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:29 PM
OverTheCap

Sather would be off his rocker to trade for Nash. Almost all of the bad/overpaid contracts are gone, so to take on another bad contract at this point is just stupid. $7.8 million for a 30 goal power forward... absurd. Garrioch has been wrong before and I'm sure he's wrong about this.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Callahan is Callahan. He's among the best we got. I just never had a good feeling about trading Dubinsky.
but why though?

does he bring something that nobody on this team has?

He's a good skater, but we have better skaters. hes a good board player, but we have better board players. hes a good offensive player when he's clicking, but hes not one of our top 6 scorers (hagelin is tied with him amazingly)...he's a good PKer but hes not one of our best. he's a physical player but its not like his presence forces people to keep their heads up for fear of devastating hits.

Again, i like Dubinsky a LOT...hes definitely a Torts kinda kid. but hes not a guy who can single handedly win you a game out there...hes more of a piece to the puzzle.

Rangers have several pieces to the puzzle....Hagelin is a piece, AA is a piece, etc. I personally think they lack that 1 more gun..that 1 guy who can put you over. That guy who you can say something like...well hell, even if we shut down Gaborik and Richards we still have to deal with....

right now, it would be maybe Cally...even then he's more of a complimentary player, not a guy who can rifle a shot and pull defenseman in close because of how deadly he can be.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Sather would be off his rocker to trade for Nash. Almost all of the bad/overpaid contracts are gone, so to take on another bad contract at this point is just stupid. $7.8 million for a 30 goal power forward... absurd. Garrioch has been wrong before and I'm sure he's wrong about this.
he's probably a 40 goal guy playing with the talent we have...but i agree..that contract fightens me.

im a proponent of bringing in talent...but that contract really really really scares me.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
but why though?

does he bring something that nobody on this team has?

He's a good skater, but we have better skaters. hes a good board player, but we have better board players. hes a good offensive player when he's clicking, but hes not one of our top 6 scorers (hagelin is tied with him amazingly)...he's a good PKer but hes not one of our best. he's a physical player but its not like his presence forces people to keep their heads up for fear of devastating hits.

Again, i like Dubinsky a LOT...hes definitely a Torts kinda kid. but hes not a guy who can single handedly win you a game out there...hes more of a piece to the puzzle.

Rangers have several pieces to the puzzle....Hagelin is a piece, AA is a piece, etc. I personally think they lack that 1 more gun..that 1 guy who can put you over. That guy who you can say something like...well hell, even if we shut down Gaborik and Richards we still have to deal with....

right now, it would be maybe Cally...even then he's more of a complimentary player, not a guy who can rifle a shot and pull defenseman in close because of how deadly he can be.
I see your point, but I don't know. It's just, well I don't know. Thats the thing. But I'd love to have Nash. but the cap hit...

Old
02-11-2012, 09:36 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I am a huge fan of Nash, and think he would do very well in our system.

The package is fair value-wise, and in a vacuum I'd do it.

But his contract is just outrageous, to the point where we would be in serious jeopardy of trying to retain all of Stepan/McD/MDZ. I would much rather sub something else in for Kreider and go for Carter.

02-11-2012, 09:37 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
oh i am...i just keey away from the conversation...the haters piss me off.
Your not as bad as some others that ive seen. I've seen some people say they arent trading him unless a Malkin, Ovechkin, or Datsyuk were coming back. Atleast you are reasonable in who you'd trade him for

Quote:
Nash is only 27 years old. He's scored 30 goals+ in 6 of his 8 seasons (prior to this year, which he is pretty much on pace for another 30 goal season). the 2 that he didnt....1 was his rookie year, the other he scored 27 in 75gp.

Nash is one of the biggest talents in the game...and the funny part is...despite his great numbers, you'd almost have to say his career has probably been a disappointment so far...thats how much talent the kid has.
The kid is really talented. His numbers are really good and if you look at his career he's never really played with anyone really good. He's pretty much gotten those numbers on his own. Gotta wonder what his numbers would look like if he had someone like Gaborik or Richards on his team.

Hate his cap hit

Old
02-11-2012, 09:38 PM
ecemleafs

really is shocking how a winger thats never had 80 points in a season got nearly 8m per year.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
really is shocking how a winger thats never had 80 points in a season got nearly 8m per year.
They basically gave into his demands to stay there

Old
02-11-2012, 10:08 PM
MSG the place to be*

If you wouldn't sign a guy to his contract, why would you trade for that contract?

Old
02-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Nash intrigues me.

I don't think Kreider is gonna be elite (think he'll be decent though), but I'm not in favor for giving him up for Nash.

Nash's contract is an albatross. We also have the position of power in Nash talks. Most teams will avoid that disgusting contract, and if he keeps playing at this level his price will only decrease.

Dubi, 1st, Thomas, maybe an additional 3rd... is as far as i'll go. They can take that or leave it. We're not any worse for not making the trade, we get better if we do.

Nash has immense talent. Get him without giving up Stepan or Anisimov, and we have two lethal lines.

This year's line up.

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Nash-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Prust
Mitchell-Rupp-Feds

Next year's.

Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Nash-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-Bourque
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Old
02-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

youd almost want them to take on Redden if you have to take nashs contract...thats how bad it is :-x

Old
02-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
youd almost want them to take on Redden if you have to take nashs contract...thats how bad it is :-x
it won't look bad at all if he puts up 45 goals for us...

edit: redden was past his prime when given his contract, nash would be ending his prime at the end of his. big difference between contracts.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
it won't look bad at all if he puts up 45 goals for us...

edit: redden was past his prime when given his contract, nash would be ending his prime at the end of his. big difference between contracts.
i wasnt comparing the 2....merely saying that youd want a little more benefit if youre the rangers to take on that contract. ridding themselves of his summer cap hit might be that extra incentive.

i agree though, it is possible that Nash could live up to his immense talent playing with the group we have.

then again, maybe not. with that contract, id rather not take the risk. would rather have Carter. Much better bang for your buck.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
i wasnt comparing the 2....merely saying that youd want a little more benefit if youre the rangers to take on that contract. ridding themselves of his summer cap hit might be that extra incentive.

i agree though, it is possible that Nash could live up to his immense talent playing with the group we have.

then again, maybe not. with that contract, id rather not take the risk. would rather have Carter. Much better bang for your buck.
i disagree. carter could prove to be detrimental to our group of young players. put influence in their hands and anything can go wrong.

his contract is as bad as nash's (clearly lower cap hit, but since he might not succeed in our system or mesh well with our players, or get along with torts). it goes on for longer. and if he doesn't pan out (which has a higher probability of nash not panning out) he'd be harder to trade, and he'd have to be buried for longer in the ahl.

carters negatives outweigh the positives. nash has only 1 negative, the contract, which we can all live with if he produces.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
i disagree. carter could prove to be detrimental to our group of young players. put influence in their hands and anything can go wrong.

his contract is as bad as nash's (clearly lower cap hit, but since he might not succeed in our system or mesh well with our players, or get along with torts). it goes on for longer. and if he doesn't pan out (which has a higher probability of nash not panning out) he'd be harder to trade, and he'd have to be buried for longer in the ahl.

carters negatives outweigh the positives. nash has only 1 negative, the contract, which we can all live with if he produces.
Vinny Prospal basically called out Nash's leadership and talked about how the team prepares like crap and stuff. so its not like Nash is picture perfect.

everytyhing you said about Carter applies to Nash as well. it applies to any player ever. it applied to Richards, Gaborik, etc.

Nash has 7 years left on his deal...thats not an insignificant term. its only a few years less than Carters for more than 50% extra cash per season. Their numbers are comparable.

Carter>Nash when you take the contract into consideration. Talent wise id say Nash is better...but its a no brainer to me.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:

Which are what? That he likes to party? What 20 something year old doesn't. I think alot of that **** was way overblown and possibly could have been used as a scapegoat so Holmgren could blow up the team after another failed cup run.

Carter would score 35-40 goals with a very modest cap hit. Unless Carter has any severely detrimental issues such as addiction issues there are not enough negatives to out weight 35-40 goals for 5.2 million. The length may be a bit long but you cross that road when you come to it. 7.8 million on the other hand...

Old
02-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Cmox

http://thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr120211.html

Quote:
The Sun suggests the big price tag for Nash could include Rangers center Brandon Dubinsky, top prospect Chris Kreider and a first-round draft pick, however one league source told TFP that one of young forwards Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin would need to be included in a package, along with Dubinsky
no thanks

Old
02-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Vinny Prospal basically called out Nash's leadership and talked about how the team prepares like crap and stuff. so its not like Nash is picture perfect.

everytyhing you said about Carter applies to Nash as well. it applies to any player ever. it applied to Richards, Gaborik, etc.

Nash has 7 years left on his deal...thats not an insignificant term. its only a few years less than Carters for more than 50% extra cash per season. Their numbers are comparable.

Carter>Nash when you take the contract into consideration. Talent wise id say Nash is better...but its a no brainer to me.
Talent wise how? Flashy? Who has scored more goals in their career? Im sure some can make the argument Zherdev is more "talented" then Gaborik, but at the end of the day we know who will score more goals.

I agree with you about Carter>Nash w/ contract but for all of Nash's "talent" Im not impressed.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Let's throw Erixon in there while we're at it.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:33 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Haha.

They wish.

I honestly would not trade Stepan for Nash one for one.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Haha.

They wish.

I honestly would not trade Stepan for Nash one for one.
Ugh god no. Not unless Nash carried a 4 million dollar cap hit... i.e. not happening.

Closed Thread