HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lars Eller

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2012, 11:35 PM
  #76
DrunkenHabz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Eller will replace desharnais as second line C midway through next year is my guess. Desharnais should play in a 3rd line role like briere, preying on the weaker opposition. Eller and pleks can bring some offense and shut down opposing lines at the same time.
Sorry but why would you remove DD from the 1st/2nd line when he's the guy setting up Pacioretty and Cole night after night? Makes no sense to me. Sure he'd probably make something happen on the third line who ever he's playing with since he's got great hands and vision, but that's a very bad way to reward a player.

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:36 PM
  #77
Andros777
Registered User
 
Andros777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd rather keep Plekanec and trade Gallagher along with Gionta, Bourque and Darche for a decent winger for Pleks. I don't ever see Gallagher being a functional part of this team for the same reasons Gionta isn't. If Gionta fit in here then we could probably plug Gallagher into that spot but I would rather trade both and travel a different path.
Why isn't he a functional part of the team? He scored 29 last year. He's also been good in the playoffs in general. He's a good depth forward.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:46 PM
  #78
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
It's not a problem, not with the wingers we have. Plek is like 200lbs anyway. I'd say the D is more on the small side than the F.

Edit: But even then it depends on the players, Gorges and Subban are on the small side for defenceman but it doesn't stop them from doing their jobs.
We will never win the cup being that small. We can have a couple smallish forward out of the twelve. In the future i see DD and Galagher being the two. And Plekanec is definetly not 200 pound...

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:48 PM
  #79
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd rather keep Plekanec and trade Gallagher along with Gionta, Bourque and Darche for a decent winger for Pleks. I don't ever see Gallagher being a functional part of this team for the same reasons Gionta isn't. If Gionta fit in here then we could probably plug Gallagher into that spot but I would rather trade both and travel a different path.
Gionta isn't a functional part of the team? Really?

The Boston bruins are the biggest team in the nhl and they managed to make a small player a functional part of their team. What is stopping us from doing the same with gallagher?

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:50 PM
  #80
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenHabz View Post
Sorry but why would you remove DD from the 1st/2nd line when he's the guy setting up Pacioretty and Cole night after night? Makes no sense to me. Sure he'd probably make something happen on the third line who ever he's playing with since he's got great hands and vision, but that's a very bad way to reward a player.
Cole and Patches will produce with anyone.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:58 PM
  #81
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Cole and Patches will produce with anyone.
That has yet to be proven... They were with Gomez and Pleks from time to time this season, and that hasnt work out to well...

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:58 PM
  #82
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Cole and Patches will produce with anyone.
didn't both have stints with Gomez early in the season that were totally unproductive?

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:02 AM
  #83
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
didn't both have stints with Gomez early in the season that were totally unproductive?
I dont get the hate people have for DD, the guy's got the heart of a lion, and will become a big time point getter for us for the next 10 years

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:13 AM
  #84
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
didn't both have stints with Gomez early in the season that were totally unproductive?
No they didn't.

Pacioretty had played with Desharnais and Kostitsyn for the first 7 games and the line worked out well. Cole was in Martin's dog-house. When Cole and Pacioretty were used on the same line Gomez had got hurt.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:48 AM
  #85
brunosevigny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
I would'nt move either of the players on that line. When you have such a chemistry, you don't disturb it. DD have been playing with patches in Hamilton and the result was the same. Patches already said that DD is the better center he has ever played with. I don't mind all that love around Eller but I would not spare these guys to move Eller upward. IMO we will probably have a happy "problem" with 3, maybe 4 (if we draft one) top2 line centers. For the moment, DD is definitely not the guy that wil be moved down.

brunosevigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 01:13 AM
  #86
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenHabz View Post
Sorry but why would you remove DD from the 1st/2nd line when he's the guy setting up Pacioretty and Cole night after night? Makes no sense to me. Sure he'd probably make something happen on the third line who ever he's playing with since he's got great hands and vision, but that's a very bad way to reward a player.
It has nothing to do with rewarding players, it has to do with winning hockey games. Despite my hate for briere, I have to admit that he's twice the player DD currently is, and he accepted a specific role on his team because that gave them the best chance to win, and he flourished in that role.

Cole may have fanned on an easy pass from desharnais today, but he also went end to end and scored all by himself too. DD didn't do much on patches' goal either, but he got an assist on both.

Cole and Pax can score with or without DD, and DD can rack up assists without them as well. Neither are completely dependent on that other for production.

I like both, but Eller will be the better player as soon as next year, and he's better suited to a higher TOI role than DD.


Last edited by overlords: 02-12-2012 at 01:23 AM.
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:05 AM
  #87
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
I definitely think he would better fit the winger style of play. God damn this kid has talent but he probably has the worst tunnel vision of the team. Tonight, he scored an awesome goal but palushaj was open for the one timer. Eller never notice that. Moreover, he is real good around the boards. He is kind of an hybrid between a centerman and a winger, but by now he will have to improve his playmaking to become a great centerman in the NHL. If he can't do that, he will never surpass Plekanec.
Did you watch him closely last year? True, this year he hasn't been as good of a playmaker as I know he is/can be. But the dude has great vision. Last year, I remember him skilfully setting up Darche, and especially Pyatt time after time only to have them waste the scoring chances.

It's odd that you have your mind made up that Eller didn't know Palushaj was open. You know that because he didn't pass to him? Couldn't it be that he didn't pass the puck to him because he simply felt going for the goal himself was the better choice? And he was right, why are you complaining about it?

Eller doesn't lack play-making skills. What he lacks is solid decision-making, When to pass and when to shoot the puck. Last year, at times he was too patient with the puck and would also opt for a pass when he should have been shooting. This year while his decision-making is much better, he seems to be a little too impatient with a play or shoots the puck when he should be passing(this wasnt the case in his goal last night).

He is only still a sophomore. With experience, he will learn to better utilize his offensive skills. It's fairly clear to me that he is a natural centre, and a very good one at that.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:23 AM
  #88
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Did you watch him closely last year? True, this year he hasn't been as good of a playmaker as I know he is/can be. But the dude has great vision. Last year, I remember him skilfully setting up Darche, and especially Pyatt time after time only to have them waste the scoring chances.

It's odd that you have your mind made up that Eller didn't know Palushaj was open. You know that because he didn't pass to him? Couldn't it be that he didn't pass the puck to him because he simply felt going for the goal himself was the better choice? And he was right, why are you complaining about it?

Eller doesn't lack play-making skills. What he lacks is solid decision-making, When to pass and when to shoot the puck. Last year, at times he was too patient with the puck and would also opt for a pass when he should have been shooting. This year while his decision-making is much better, he seems to be a little too impatient with a play or shoots the puck when he should be passing(this wasnt the case in his goal last night).

He is only still a sophomore. With experience, he will learn to better utilize his offensive skills. It's fairly clear to me that he is a natural centre, and a very good one at that.
You are wrong.

I love Eller's physical skill set but he does not have very good vision/hockey iq. You are confusing the physical skill of passing the puck with vision.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:28 AM
  #89
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Did you watch him closely last year? True, this year he hasn't been as good of a playmaker as I know he is/can be. But the dude has great vision. Last year, I remember him skilfully setting up Darche, and especially Pyatt time after time only to have them waste the scoring chances.

It's odd that you have your mind made up that Eller didn't know Palushaj was open. You know that because he didn't pass to him? Couldn't it be that he didn't pass the puck to him because he simply felt going for the goal himself was the better choice? And he was right, why are you complaining about it?

Eller doesn't lack play-making skills. What he lacks is solid decision-making, When to pass and when to shoot the puck. Last year, at times he was too patient with the puck and would also opt for a pass when he should have been shooting. This year while his decision-making is much better, he seems to be a little too impatient with a play or shoots the puck when he should be passing(this wasnt the case in his goal last night).

He is only still a sophomore. With experience, he will learn to better utilize his offensive skills. It's fairly clear to me that he is a natural centre, and a very good one at that.
Like I said earlier, spending a lot of time as the only player on his line with offensive abilities may have played a part in this. He adapted his game in a way he thought would gets results in the offensive zone even without the presence of offensive minded linemates and now, with better suited wingers, he'll simply have to adapt again. I do think he might always be a bit of a puck hog. But I've seen him make a lot of nice plays even this year.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:53 AM
  #90
DrunkenHabz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
We will never win the cup being that small. We can have a couple smallish forward out of the twelve. In the future i see DD and Galagher being the two. And Plekanec is definetly not 200 pound...
In fact, Plekanec weights 198.

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 03:12 AM
  #91
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Cole and Patches will produce with anyone.
DD is clearly just a passenger on the line.

The midget has 23 points in his last 26 games. This pace (if he would have had it all season-certainly not any great stretch accounting for line make ups and DD's added experience) would currently give him 50 points. That would tie him for 19th in the league in scoring.

But, he's just a spare part who benefits from the skills of others. A middling talent who really doesn't add much value.

Get real.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 03:21 AM
  #92
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
You are wrong.

I love Eller's physical skill set but he does not have very good vision/hockey iq. You are confusing the physical skill of passing the puck with vision.
How else can you read one's vision other than his "physical skill of passing the puck"?

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 03:27 AM
  #93
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I dont get the hate people have for DD, the guy's got the heart of a lion, and will become a big time point getter for us for the next 10 years
? don't hate DD at all.

Been very much a fan of his, and glad that he got the opportunity to earn a regular role.

I'm not sure what his full upside is, but I do agree that with a guy as motivated and courageous as he is, it's a mistake to assume that his current level is as good as it's going to get.

that said, unless he has it in him to progress into the ppg realm, his size (and how it limits his effectiveness from a defensive zone pov) does somewhat limit his value.

for the time being, he's gotta be pencilled in as one of our top-6 C's for the near future, but both Eller/Pleks are better in a defensive role, and of the 3, if we could upgrade for a true #1 centre, I'd rather go with #1-Pleks-Eller.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
No they didn't.

Pacioretty had played with Desharnais and Kostitsyn for the first 7 games and the line worked out well. Cole was in Martin's dog-house. When Cole and Pacioretty were used on the same line Gomez had got hurt.
Patches/gomez/Gionta definitely played some limited time together before Gomez initially got hurt...

i thought Cole had as well, but I guess not.

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...gametype=ALL#A

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 03:31 AM
  #94
Failing Hands
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenHabz View Post
Yeah, Pleks is hella bulky. People underestimate how big Pleks really is. Not height-wise, obviously..but size-wise

Failing Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 03:37 AM
  #95
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
DD is clearly just a passenger on the line.

The midget has 23 points in his last 26 games. This pace (if he would have had it all season-certainly not any great stretch accounting for line make ups and DD's added experience) would currently give him 50 points. That would tie him for 19th in the league in scoring.

But, he's just a spare part who benefits from the skills of others. A middling talent who really doesn't add much value.

Get real.
Arguing with yourself? Where did I call DD a passenger? I was just pointing out DD's spot isn't safe, and he shouldn't be credited with the success of Cole/Patches like the post I quoted was suggesting.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 03:51 AM
  #96
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Arguing with yourself? Where did I call DD a passenger? I was just pointing out DD's spot isn't safe, and he shouldn't be credited with the success of Cole/Patches like the post I quoted was suggesting.
Not intentionally

I'm just a huge believer in the kid and I still think that many don't give him the credit he deserves.

He's on pace for 41 ES points and that's not chicken feed in today's NHL.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 04:05 AM
  #97
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Arguing with yourself? Where did I call DD a passenger? I was just pointing out DD's spot isn't safe, and he shouldn't be credited with the success of Cole/Patches like the post I quoted was suggesting.
Yup true, he shouldn't be given credit for their success. They work hard for their production. However, Cole/Patches shouldn't be credited with his success either.

As far as this whole 1-2-3 centre topic goes. It's stupid as far as I'm concerned. Desharnais is a scoring forward (who is improving on defense) and is a +11. Eller is a defensive forward (who is budding offensively) and Plekanec is the best of both worlds.

Our centers are far from the reason we lose games. We lose games because of lack of depth on the wing, lack of experience, lack of depth on defense, and most importantly - a ridiculous media that blows everything out of proportion.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 04:35 AM
  #98
Habitant le colon
Registered User
 
Habitant le colon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Yup true, he shouldn't be given credit for their success. They work hard for their production. However, Cole/Patches shouldn't be credited with his success either.

As far as this whole 1-2-3 centre topic goes. It's stupid as far as I'm concerned. Desharnais is a scoring forward (who is improving on defense) and is a +11. Eller is a defensive forward (who is budding offensively) and Plekanec is the best of both worlds.

Our centers are far from the reason we lose games. We lose games because of lack of depth on the wing, lack of experience, lack of depth on defense, and most importantly - a ridiculous media that blows everything out of proportion.

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 05:19 AM
  #99
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
You are wrong.

I love Eller's physical skill set but he does not have very good vision/hockey iq. You are confusing the physical skill of passing the puck with vision.
Sens fan here, I come in peace

As a dane, and a HUGE Eller fan, I have followed him since his time in Rødovre in the Danish league...

So let me tell you, and I mean this with nothing but respect, but I think you are wrong...

Eller was an awesome playmaker in Rødovre, and more importantly also in Frölunda in his SEL days, actually also on the national team!

His lack of passing, has come frome unskilled linemates in terms of putting them in! The same happens when he is put in bad line-combos on the national team, he becomes a hog!

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 05:30 AM
  #100
Habitant le colon
Registered User
 
Habitant le colon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 980
vCash: 500
as far as i can see both Eller and DD must be the 2 first centerman ... as Plekanec don't mind about where he plays i do say this :

1s DD first wave pp
2 Eller second wave pk
3 Plekanec second wave power play first wave pk


notice that we still need a 4th line center (hope that we don't stuck with either Nokia or Gomer)

IS

Pacioretty Deharnais Cole
Bourque Eller Gionta
Leblanc Plekanec Moen

a possibility for next year ?

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.