HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/11/12 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2012, 09:31 PM
  #51
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Maelmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Nice win

But need to play 60 minutes, not just 40!

__________________
Todd Harvey, Adam Oates and Darren Puppa, you are all missed in the game of hockey!
Maelmoor is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 09:34 PM
  #52
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
That game was painfully boring, but at least we pulled off the 2 points. Garon played very well.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 09:44 PM
  #53
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
That game was painfully boring, but at least we pulled off the 2 points. Garon played very well.
How was it boring? It was a great game IMO. Much much better than the snooze fest against the Kings. Garon owns the Sabres. That save on Pominville was excellent.

And more Mikkelson point shots please. Dude has a cannon.

Doctor Drej is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 09:46 PM
  #54
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
As long as Stammer keeps on putting the puck in the net I'm happy.

[4th in a row]


Last edited by LightningStrikes: 02-11-2012 at 09:56 PM.
LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 09:49 PM
  #55
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
Question is do we risk playing Roloson tomorrow and giving the Pens 8 more goals for the weekend or do we hope Garon can play?

Doctor Drej is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 10:23 PM
  #56
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
Question is do we risk playing Roloson tomorrow and giving the Pens 8 more goals for the weekend or do we hope Garon can play?
https://twitter.com/#!/LightningTimes
Quote:
Lightning coach Boucher said Garon will be in net Sun vs. the Penguins. "In the 3rd period he did what No. 1 goalies do, make the big save."

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python
TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 10:27 PM
  #57
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
How was it boring? It was a great game IMO. Much much better than the snooze fest against the Kings. Garon owns the Sabres. That save on Pominville was excellent.

And more Mikkelson point shots please. Dude has a cannon.



75 out of 82 games are boring to him.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 10:29 PM
  #58
LateNightOilerFan
Registered User
 
LateNightOilerFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
Question is do we risk playing Roloson tomorrow and giving the Pens 8 more goals for the weekend or do we hope Garon can play?
I would say if the Bolts allow the Pens to score 8 goals tomorrow it won't all be on the goalie - it will be more because the entire team forgets to show up. That said, might be better to keep rolling with Garon since he's in a groove. I don't know if Roli's ever going to be able to get into a groove without a lot of starts and so long as Garon is playing well he's not going to get a lot of starts.

Team is going to have to play well in front of no matter who is in net though.

Edit - and I see we have the answer above.

LateNightOilerFan is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 07:29 AM
  #59
ThunderAlleyNomad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
That game was painfully boring, but at least we pulled off the 2 points. Garon played very well.
I still don't get what actually makes a game exciting for you.

And finally I know the reason for Marty's little chair at the end of the bench. Thank you Cap'n Dave.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 07:55 AM
  #60
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I still don't get what actually makes a game exciting for you.

And finally I know the reason for Marty's little chair at the end of the bench. Thank you Cap'n Dave.
What is it?

LightningStrikes is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 08:00 AM
  #61
nhljohnson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I still don't get what actually makes a game exciting for you.
Fisticuffs. Big hits. Milan Lucic. Goals. In that order?

nhljohnson is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 08:10 AM
  #62
ThunderAlleyNomad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
What is it?
According to Andreychuk, his legs are too short to reach the floor sitting on the bench, they just kinda hang there. So they don't get fully rested between shifts. Hence the chair.

That doesn't even sound right. What about the other little guys in the league? Did Dave make that up?

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 09:56 AM
  #63
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhljohnson View Post
Fisticuffs. Big hits. Milan Lucic. Goals. In that order?
I'd say it's more like fights, hits, Lucic, McGrattan, and goonery in general, in that order. What is a goal?

In all seriousness, there have been plenty of good games without fights this season. I just found last night's game to lack emotion and intensity. There was very little physicality and although we carried a good pace (for the first 40 anyway), I felt like I was watching a scrimmage. Getting the win is always the most important thing, but as a fan of the sport I wasn't entertained by this one, that's all I'm saying. I was also listening to the Buffalo feed and the crowd and on-ice sounds were quite low while Rick Jeanneret's voice came across loudly, even more so than usual.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 12:17 PM
  #64
DangleDoppler
Registered User
 
DangleDoppler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
I felt like I was watching a scrimmage. Getting the win is always the most important thing, but as a fan of the sport I wasn't entertained by this one, that's all I'm saying.
I can understand where you're coming from on this one, but I also understand how some games can be "emotionless" because 82 can be such a grind and I know I wouldn't be able to keep up the intensity for so long...I really don't have an opinion on this...

I want my team to win, and if it's a boring game so be it. However, I also get how I can watch an entire game (even if it's a win) and be like well that was anticlimactic...

DangleDoppler is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 07:23 PM
  #65
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDoppler View Post
I can understand where you're coming from on this one, but I also understand how some games can be "emotionless" because 82 can be such a grind and I know I wouldn't be able to keep up the intensity for so long...I really don't have an opinion on this...

I want my team to win, and if it's a boring game so be it. However, I also get how I can watch an entire game (even if it's a win) and be like well that was anticlimactic...
You're absolutely right, no team is going to be fun to watch 82 games a season. Just my impressions on that game in particular.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 07:56 PM
  #66
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
According to Andreychuk, his legs are too short to reach the floor sitting on the bench, they just kinda hang there. So they don't get fully rested between shifts. Hence the chair.

That doesn't even sound right. What about the other little guys in the league? Did Dave make that up?
I think Dave was exaggerating a wee bit.

Felonious Python is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.