HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2012, 04:33 AM
clotheshanger13
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
I see you used alot of big words.... I didnt read it but I gave you an A+ anyway
p.s
You created an account for this?
Thanks, yeah, I've been meaning to create an account for a while since I frequent the boards regularly but I just started writing randomly tonight and this is what I ended up with and decided it would be a decent first post.

I apologize to everyone for the length, just trying to be thorough.

Old
02-11-2012, 04:47 AM
kingsdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by clotheshanger13 View Post
Thanks, yeah, I've been meaning to create an account for a while since I frequent the boards regularly but I just started writing randomly tonight and this is what I ended up with and decided it would be a decent first post.

I apologize to everyone for the length, just trying to be thorough.
summary is he wants carter, we need a goal scorer, he will take 1000 shots and get 20 goals and he will lead LA to the stanley cup where the fans will live happily ever after...
Just another love story..
jk.. !!
Carter will NOT be a King this year, MARK MY WORDS PEOPLE@@@ #sources

Old
02-11-2012, 06:08 AM
gonnaneedsomewine

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
sure but not realistic. Maybe if MPS was a full two seasons older and in the same position. I really wouldnt be paying too much for MPS, though his game looks to suit L.A's current style. Big, can skate, defensive and cant score
If we could do Hickey and a pick for MPS, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It's amazing how some Oilers fans have already thrown in the towel on him. He's 20 years old, he's got size, he's a great skater, and he can snipe. I remember hearing him compared to Markus Naslund during the draft a few years back.

Oilers are desperate for defensive help and have an excess of forwards. Hickey made the AHL All Star team. Both guys are trapped behind better players. The Oilers abundance of forwards is keeping MPS down in the minors unless there are injuries. Hickey is stuck in the minors because we have great young defenseman like Doughty, Johnson, Voynov and even Martinez ahead of him.

Just seemed like it made sense for both sides in my opinion.

Old
02-11-2012, 06:23 AM
gonnaneedsomewine

I agree regarding Carter.

The notion that he and Richards were big time locker room problems and had lifestyle issues is nonsense that was blown out of proportion. Mike Richards gave that team everything he had, especially in the playoffs. He came to play every single night.

Holmgren might have felt he needed to shake up the team a little bit or "improve the locker room", but the main reason he made those trades is because he felt they IMPROVED HIS TEAM. He had an abundance of top line centers (Richards, Carter, Briere, Giroux). He felt he needed to upgrade on the wings, adding more grit and more talent, so he cashed in his surplus of centers for some young talented wingers.

He chose to keep Giroux because he's a 23 year old budding star. He chose to keep Briere because he's been one of the best playoff performers over the last 7 years with like 96 points in 97 playoff games dating back to his Buffalo days. Plus, a 34 year old with a $6.5 million cap hit is not going to net you much on the market.

Richards and Carter had the best trade values - locked up long term at reasonable cap hits and still in their mid 20's. Richards was dealt for a hard nosed winger with scoring upside in Simmonds and Briere's eventual replacement at center in Schenn. Carter was dealt for a tremendously talented winger in Voracek and a pick which turned into Couturier.

This has set them up tremendously for the future with three young and extremely talented centers in Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, as well as improved talent on the wings in Simmonds and Voracek to go along with JVR, Jagr, Hartnell, and Read.

He also felt he was clearing cap space for a franchise goaltender in Bryzgalov -- something that has eluded the Flyers for many years and kept them from winning Cups. So far that's the only part of the plan that hasn't really panned out. Everything else has.

Old
02-11-2012, 07:29 AM
clotheshanger13
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
I agree regarding Carter.

The notion that he and Richards were big time locker room problems and had lifestyle issues is nonsense that was blown out of proportion. Mike Richards gave that team everything he had, especially in the playoffs. He came to play every single night.

Holmgren might have felt he needed to shake up the team a little bit or "improve the locker room", but the main reason he made those trades is because he felt they IMPROVED HIS TEAM. He had an abundance of top line centers (Richards, Carter, Briere, Giroux). He felt he needed to upgrade on the wings, adding more grit and more talent, so he cashed in his surplus of centers for some young talented wingers.

He chose to keep Giroux because he's a 23 year old budding star. He chose to keep Briere because he's been one of the best playoff performers over the last 7 years with like 96 points in 97 playoff games dating back to his Buffalo days. Plus, a 34 year old with a $6.5 million cap hit is not going to net you much on the market.

Richards and Carter had the best trade values - locked up long term at reasonable cap hits and still in their mid 20's. Richards was dealt for a hard nosed winger with scoring upside in Simmonds and Briere's eventual replacement at center in Schenn. Carter was dealt for a tremendously talented winger in Voracek and a pick which turned into Couturier.

This has set them up tremendously for the future with three young and extremely talented centers in Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, as well as improved talent on the wings in Simmonds and Voracek to go along with JVR, Jagr, Hartnell, and Read.

He also felt he was clearing cap space for a franchise goaltender in Bryzgalov -- something that has eluded the Flyers for many years and kept them from winning Cups. So far that's the only part of the plan that hasn't really panned out. Everything else has.
Some great points here. I didn't mean to give off too much favoritism in this post, although it seems like I did. I want to emphasize that I'm a huge flyers fan and agree that both trades were definitely good for Holmgren and the organization. My main point here, other than this being a potentially good situation for the kings, is that Carter and Richards were given a raw deal in a place where they should have had a great and successful future and where their dedication to the club, for the most part, went by the wayside. This stuff happens in any sport, it's the nature of the business, but the pure fan in me wants to see Carter and Richard reunited and tearing this league a new one, especially if that means they're doing it in kings jerseys.

Old
02-11-2012, 04:05 PM
VADEN

Reunite Maverick & Goose! Together they will score!!!

Last edited by VADEN: 02-11-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old
02-11-2012, 05:26 PM
KingsCourt

i give up! this team is not good enough

Old
02-11-2012, 05:28 PM
TheSlovenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCourt View Post
i give up! this team is not good enough
They play good, but don't know how to score. I don't know who/what is the problem. If they could just score 3 goals per game ...

Old
02-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsdarkness View Post
summary is he wants carter, we need a goal scorer, he will take 1000 shots and get 20 goals and he will lead LA to the stanley cup where the fans will live happily ever after...
jk.. !!
Right, you got sources.

Old
02-11-2012, 06:16 PM
TheSlovenian

Why trading for Carter? Didn't the Flyers had locker room problems with Richards and Carter? Do you really wan't that?

Old
02-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlovenian View Post
Why trading for Carter? Didn't the Flyers had locker room problems with Richards and Carter? Do you really wan't that?
We have now 64 years of non success using the good locker room guys.

Yes.... i want problems in locker room and questionable character as long as they can play hockey and win the cup

Old
02-11-2012, 07:25 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

Yes.... i want problems in locker room and questionable character as long as they can play hockey and win the cup
Lombardi once said something to the effect of every team needs a few criminals. Yet in his town, that means guys who get parking tickets not players who run red lights.

Old
02-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
jk.. !!
I got "sources" to.

Guesses, hunches, common sense, and the internet.

Those your sources to?

Old
02-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Lombardi once said something to the effect of every team needs a few criminals. Yet in his town, that means guys who get parking tickets not players who run red lights.
And by parking tickets its actually only warnings, cant get in too much trouble

Old
02-11-2012, 07:53 PM
KingPuckChoo

how about if we went after both Carter & Hemsky?

that would be a splashhhh

Old
02-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post

That would be disgusting.

Old
02-11-2012, 10:01 PM
clotheshanger13
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

The whole point of my rant was to say that the whole partyboy lifestyle and questionable locker room attitudes were heavily over-emphasized and fabricated by the media.

...but this I like too.

Old
02-11-2012, 10:03 PM
clotheshanger13
Rookie User

Quote:
jk.. !!
also better 20 goals on 1000 shots from carter than 0 goals on 10 shots from penner and stoll combined...

Old
02-11-2012, 11:09 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post

Why would we give up more assets for the same result? Hemsky would get injured 37 seconds into his first shift and miss the rest of the season.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:04 AM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Why would we give up more assets for the same result? Hemsky would get injured 37 seconds into his first shift and miss the rest of the season.
I don't think DL cares if the boys party to much. Richardson is still on this team with no real hockey skills and after his appearance in Saskatoon at Stolls golf tourney smelling very pungent, I am sure Carter wouldn't be a very big problem.

This team needs someone who will stand up in the middle of a midterm and yell tension breaker at the top of his lungs as this team has become to robotic and to predictable

Old
02-12-2012, 01:06 AM
bobafettish*

i have a feeling once newportsports agency and parise make a fool of deano in the offseason. semin will be a king next year.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:22 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i have a feeling once newportsports agency and parise make a fool of deano in the offseason. semin will be a king next year.
Semin most likely will resign with Washington. The Caps have cap space to resign him.

Right now no team is eager to rid themselves of scoring.

Old
02-12-2012, 10:32 AM
voynov26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlovenian View Post
They play good, but don't know how to score. I don't know who/what is the problem. If they could just score 3 goals per game ...
I don't want to sound too simplistic but from the outside looking in. We have 2 different coaches and still we can't score. Though they have more similarities in terms of system we have to ask ourselves is it some of the core players?

If so, we might have to do what the Flyers did.

If not, we might need to change the system meaning we have to let go of Sutter.

Tough to be a GM!

The only thing I can think of is that we don't have a veteran at wing like a Briere or Hartnell or Doan that might provide us with veteran leadership. Not to be a captain but just someone who has been in the trenches and still can produce. Too bad Ryan Smyth is gone. He was our top producer on last year's playoff run without Kopitar.

Maybe we don't need to change anything. Just add a veteran leader. Who? I haven't gotten that far... Any thoughts?

Old
02-12-2012, 11:59 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
Put yourself in Semin's shoes (sounds gross) or any other free agent winger-why would you want to sign in LA? High taxes, incredibly boring hockey, nobody knows who you are when you go out on the town, no pressure from the fans who have accepted mediocrity, no beat writers, you show up, struggle to score goals and you go home. The LA Kings have to be one of the last destinations for any forward at this point, why would you sign here? The Kings are nothing more than leverage to get more money from a contender.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Put yourself in Semin's shoes (sounds gross) or any other free agent winger-why would you want to sign in LA? High taxes, incredibly boring hockey, nobody knows who you are when you go out on the town, no pressure from the fans who have accepted mediocrity, no beat writers, you show up, struggle to score goals and you go home. The LA Kings have to be one of the last destinations for any forward at this point, why would you sign here? The Kings are nothing more than leverage to get more money from a contender.
Because you can go back home to your family 2 months earlier.

Closed Thread