HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#56, 2/11/12, Kings lose to Islanders 2-1

Old
02-11-2012, 11:11 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
I don't understand why people are focusing on any one player when outside of Quick the entire team has been a total disappointment.

Obviously it's all about offense. This team scores a goal or two a game more on average and they would win most of the games they've been losing. The (immensely) frustrating aspect of all of this is that the problem has been evident for 30+ games yet it was only yesterday when any sort of significant personnel change was made and that was forced due to injury. The guys on the ice aren't getting it done offensively, and they aren't going to get it done as-is, yet Dean continues plodding ahead with the same lineup. A trade or some other move needed to happen 20 games ago.

My season ticket rep called me yesterday to remind me that my renewal is coming due. Talk about the most poorly-timed call of the year. I laughed when I heard the voicemail. This team is boring as sin even when they are winning. If they can't score enough to win games, what the hell am I going to the games to watch? Outstanding defense is only half the formula for winning. The offense is nonexistent.

Last edited by TonySCV: 02-11-2012 at 11:20 PM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I don't understand why people are focusing on any one player when outside of Quick the entire team has been a total disappointment.
I disagree, it's our offense thats been bad. We're still one of the premier defensive teams in the league, thanks to Quick and our defensive core.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:21 PM
bobafettish*

even if brown was a bad captain there is no one on the team with the exception of richards who would do a better job.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
even if brown was a bad captain there is no one on the team with the exception of richards who would do a better job.
Greene would be the perfect Captain.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:24 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Stats parade courtesy of Dan Tolensky:

Kings are 15-0-1 when scoring 3 or more in a game, 8-7-3 when they score two and 3-12-7 when scoring less than two.

Kings have scored more than one goal in just 8 of their last 19 games (42%). When they've scored 2 or more, they're 7-0-1.

This is the 12th straight game that there's been 5 or less total goals in a Kings game - average per game, BOTH teams = 3.58. If you've been betting the under, you've been winning a lot of money.

In their last 19 games, Kings have been shutout or have scored just once 11 times. They've lost 1-0 three times and 2-1 six times.

All to restate that the Kings need offensive help up front badly.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Fingolfin

I accepted a new job in Austin, TX last September, and was crushed to give up the season seats I've had for years. Everyone kept telling me I picked the wrong season to leave town and close my account. This was finally the Kings' year! All I can say now is...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fingolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Johnny Utah

Richards had an awful game, turned the puck over right in front of Quick. We are stuck with a now 27 year old Richards and 5 million.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 02-12-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: ...
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
I accepted a new job in Austin, TX last September, and was crushed to give up the season seats I've had for years. Everyone kept telling me I picked the wrong season to leave town and close my account. This was finally the Kings' year! All I can say now is...

what a selfish *****. please start cheering for Dallas, we do not need you.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:28 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:

That's not in any way funny, particularly to all of the Kings fans here who (along with you) thought the same thing when the season started.

Last edited by TonySCV: 02-11-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old
02-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Richards had an awful game, turned the puck over right in front of Quick. We are stuck with a now 27 year old Richards and 5 million.
What's even funnier is how much better Kopitar is defensively than Richards. Granted, there aren't more than 3 Centres in the entire league that are playing as well defensively as Kop this season.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:30 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
Greene would be the perfect Captain.
i kind of agree. greene has the personality that i would want in a captain but he also is hte poster boy for DL and TM's philosophy, which is why i would have a hard time giving him the C

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
People are *****ing about Brown being a quiet captain but the supposed rah rah guy of the lockerroom jack Johnson doesn't step up and lead by example. He doesn't chirp anyone or lead the way.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:44 PM
yankeeking

Quote:

Obviously it's all about offense. This team scores a goal or two a game more on average and they would win most of the games they've been losing. The (immensely) frustrating aspect of all of this is that the problem has been evident for 30+ games yet it was only yesterday when any sort of significant personnel change was made and that was forced due to injury. The guys on the ice aren't getting it done offensively, and they aren't going to get it done as-is, yet Dean continues plodding ahead with the same lineup. A trade or some other move needed to happen 20 games ago.

My season ticket rep called me yesterday to remind me that my renewal is coming due. Talk about the most poorly-timed call of the year. I laughed when I heard the voicemail. This team is boring as sin even when they are winning. If they can't score enough to win games, what the hell am I going to the games to watch? Outstanding defense is only half the formula for winning. The offense is nonexistent.

on top of the season being so much fun I answered my ticket rep on the way home and did it right in front of a highway patrol man and got a ticket within 30 seconds , and the hits keep on coming......... lmao

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Fingolfin

Quote:
That's not in any way funny, particularly to all of the Kings fans here who (along with you) thought the same thing when the season started.
Oh Tony, you have to know that's just an overreaction to the crap we've seen this year. How the hell else is anyone expected to deal with the colossal disappointment this season is?

Of course I miss being at Staples, and of course I miss cheering for the Kings in person. It just kills me what has happened this year. And then to top it all off with the stress that went in to giving up my seats, to have the team utterly wet the bed like they have... I feel like the Joker just laughing at the absurdity of it all.

I'm driving up to Dallas tomorrow morning and will be sporting my Kings jersey, win or lose. I'm hoping to see the Kings kick some ass, but I'll settle for them playing good hockey right now.

Fingolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:49 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

this whole obsession about Brown giving up the captaincy has got to stop. Any hockey player who's played on any team knows that teams aren't led only by those wearing the C. If Greene were the perfect captain, he'd be the perfect captain with or without the C. Until then, the C is nothing more than an outward endorsement by the coaches.

And I actually think Doughty and Kopitar are doing decent. It's everyone else outside of our top line that is absolute garbage. Once line 2 and 3 start stepping up, then line 1's numbers will increase as well. But right now it's a 1 line shut down team.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:53 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Oh Tony, you have to know that's just an overreaction to the crap we've seen this year. How the hell else is anyone expected to deal with the colossal disappointment this season is?
I hear you. We're all frustrated.

Quote:
I'm driving up to Dallas tomorrow morning and will be sporting my Kings jersey, win or lose. I'm hoping to see the Kings kick some ass, but I'll settle for them playing good hockey right now.
Amen. Go Kings!

Old
02-11-2012, 11:57 PM
johnjm22

Quote:

And if we traded for a goal scorer 20 games ago, where would we be right now? Probably in the exact same spot.

Maybe if we landed Jeff Carter, we'd be averaging 2.10 goals per game instead of 2.07.

I agree that we need to add skill to the lineup, be we also need a systemic change, and unless we're getting Sidney Crosby, I doubt any one player (or two) could turn around our anemic offense.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:02 AM
damacles1156

King and Nolan looked great cause they went to the Net. It's that simple really, they both played a really simple game.

They paid the price to get into the prime scoring area, Nolan with a little more skill could have had two goals(this guy is a 7th rounder).

Simmer lives around the net (that's why he is scoring). Nolan went through two NYI on his really good chance. The Kings need to pay the price to score.

Nolan and King will score cause they play a simple game, and crash the Net.

They don't waste time doing head fakes, or trying to get a perfect shot through four shins.

When Nolan and King won BOARD BATTLES ,THEY TOOK IT TOO THE NET freakin imagine that.

Last edited by damacles1156: 02-12-2012 at 12:23 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:11 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

It's worth a separate post. Nolan had a hell of a first game.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:20 AM
sjmay*

Quote:

When the hell is the Captain supposed to accept some responsibility and step the **** up ?
How do you know he's not??????

Are you in the room?

You asked me what makes him a good captain, I have no freaking idea, I'm not with the team, I'm not in the room, I'm not with them on their off days away from the rink,

Neither are you, so you have no freaking idea what he is or is not doing in trying to turn this around....yet...you act like you do.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 05:24 AM
TheSlovenian

Quote:
What's even funnier is how much better Kopitar is defensively than Richards. Granted, there aren't more than 3 Centres in the entire league that are playing as well defensively as Kop this season.
Agree. Kopi is FANTASTIC (in my opinion) in his own zone. But sadly, his should be FANTASTIC in the opposing zone.

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
I disagree, it's our offense thats been bad. We're still one of the premier defensive teams in the league, thanks to Quick and our defensive core.
It's easy to play defense when that is all you do. The best defensive teams are the ones that can do both. Even the trap devils weren't this bad offensively.The Kings may be the worst modern day offense the NHL has ever seen.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:57 AM
moosehead81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
You're starting to sound like a small number of Philly fans and media types during Richards' last quarter year with the Flyers. Did you re-locate from there recently to bring that kind of hate with you? The actual fact is, yes, MR coughed the puck up in front of the net trying to get it across to the left but that likely happens a dozen times in any one game. In fact, Richards' give-away rate (the number of give-aways per minute played) is currently at almost the same rate as Brown and Kopitar (0.036-0.036-0.033) but nowhere near that of Williams (0.048) so let's not go off half-cocked cause you got a beef with a player who came with an up-beat reputation and maybe hasn't got off to the great year every-one expected (and who would playing with pancake Penner and stalled Stoll). I thought Mike and the 2 rookies played a decent game yesterday and except for a few unlucky bounces and/or not being ready for the puck, might have chipped in a couple of goals.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Hard to believe this team was considered a Stanley Cup contender.

Very hard.
Back to being a fringe 7 - 10 "contender." Some thing don't ever change!

Slip into the playoffs or not? Really doesn't matter if you can't score many goals. Post-lockout NHL = offense means much more, defense does not win championships anymore!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:01 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Back-to-back from the Island to Dallas? What the hell?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote