HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lars Eller

Old
02-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
You are wrong.

I love Eller's physical skill set but he does not have very good vision/hockey iq. You are confusing the physical skill of passing the puck with vision.
Perhaps you're confusing him having more goals than assists to him not being a passer or having vision.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:13 AM
TheBuriedHab

vCash: 500
He will be a very good 2 way player on the 2nd line. Probably a 40-50pt player, maybe 60 in a career year imo.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:14 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Reminds me a Tim Connolly big time.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:19 AM
FXBrassard

Lars Eller is officially a gangsta thug.

FXBrassard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinddalSENATORS View Post
Sens fan here, I come in peace

As a dane, and a HUGE Eller fan, I have followed him since his time in Rødovre in the Danish league...

So let me tell you, and I mean this with nothing but respect, but I think you are wrong...

Eller was an awesome playmaker in Rødovre, and more importantly also in Frölunda in his SEL days, actually also on the national team!

His lack of passing, has come frome unskilled linemates in terms of putting them in! The same happens when he is put in bad line-combos on the national team, he becomes a hog!
Have you watched and/or followed the development of his brother Mads, also? How does his skill/development compare (at a similar age) to each other.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Kyosuke

The Canadiens don't have a bonafide 1st line center who can keep up with a PPG, that's the whole problem with Montreal. But, what we do have are 2 really good 2-way centers in Eller and Pleks who can play on any line. I like DD, but if you have him pegged as a #1 center then its only fair to compare him to other #1 centers and see that with his overall play (what he brings to the table with and without the puck) that he doesn't stand a ghost of a chance to the majority of the others around the NHL. However, I'm not ready to count Eller or Desharnais out from having reached anywhere near their ceiling in potential yet; both of them are having amazing seasons and growing into better stronger players at both ends of the ice. Despite all that, I'm willing to let go of any of our centers for a bonafide #1 center and I'm aware there will need to be more going back to the team we acquire him from.

Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:32 AM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Perhaps you're confusing him having more goals than assists to him not being a passer or having vision.
that's not it at all...he does suffer from tunnel vision.

mentality of shoot/attack first, pass second...which is rare to see from at least our history of centers.
he's still young and has loads of room to grow and mature his game.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:16 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Have you watched and/or followed the development of his brother Mads, also? How does his skill/development compare (at a similar age) to each other.
Well so far Mads, is outproducing Lars, when comparing them..

I don't think Mads is more talented, he is just more of a playmaker, he has great hands, and is fast! Although not that big yet..

I think he will fall in anything from round 2-4.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Et le But

Quote:

I don't think Mads is more talented, he is just more of a playmaker, he has great hands, and is fast! Although not that big yet..

I want Mads Eller on the Habs.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:41 AM
pine*

u mads bro?

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:42 AM
holyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I want Mads Eller on the Habs.
I want all the Eller's and all the Subban's.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:59 AM
LowBallFern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I disagree: Desharnais is a very solid playmaker and he is great at feeding his wingers.

Eller is not a playmaker and when he needs to take a quick decision (instinct), either he (1) drives the net or (2) shoots. He is not the kind of player that will try to create a play until the last split second.

Imo he would be a better winger than center.

That being mentioned, this team already has good depth on wings so if they decide to keep him at center, I would still be a happy fan: Eller is rapidly becoming one of my favorite players.

His acquisition was a great move by Gauthier.
Agreed wholeheartedly with your views...

Let' suppose that AK gets traded with++for a big center, I'D like to see the new guy with Ellee and Bourque...until the end of the season.

We could keep the yougsters for now on the third and get a real 4th line....Next year

We also need BIG help on defense....

This being said, I do not necessary think Eller MUST be transforemed into a winger, but his versatility would certainly give the coach a possibility of rotating him....and still continue to devellop into a superb , all around player that would not only be a grat asset but a top value for exchange later (5 years)....

DD's only trouble is his size...As long as he can feed his 2 wingers and be a top trio threat, I say don't fix what's not broken....

LowBallFern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

Thanks.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post

mentality of shoot/attack first, pass second...which is rare to see from at least our history of centers.
He does seem to pass a lot more when paired with AK. Give him Darche and Blunden, and yea, he'll try to shoot more.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:22 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He does seem to pass a lot more when paired with AK. Give him Darche and Blunden, and yea, he'll try to shoot more.
I'd do the same if I was tied up with Darche and Blunden.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Plekanec was also criticized for shooting too much when paired with the likes of Darche and Blunden, at least until Darche went into superstar mode.

Desharnais is easily the best 'true' playmaker on this team and I don't want to start this debate again, but you are going to be passing more if you are playing with Cole and Pacioretty than if you play with grinders. Eller doesn't always have the best decision making in front of the net but I'm not ready to say he has a low hockey IQ when he had a good reputation as a playmaker in Sweden.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:34 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
I want all the Eller's and all the Subban's.
aint that right

so much swag the ice would melt

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:39 PM
LowBallFern

Originally Posted by brunosevigny
I definitely think he would better fit the winger style of play. God damn this kid has talent but he probably has the worst tunnel vision of the team. Tonight, he scored an awesome goal but palushaj was open for the one timer. Eller never notice that. Moreover, he is real good around the boards. He is kind of an hybrid between a centerman and a winger, but by now he will have to improve his playmaking to become a great centerman in the NHL. If he can't do that, he will never surpass Plekanec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Did you watch him closely last year? True, this year he hasn't been as good of a playmaker as I know he is/can be. But the dude has great vision. Last year, I remember him skilfully setting up Darche, and especially Pyatt time after time only to have them waste the scoring chances.

It's odd that you have your mind made up that Eller didn't know Palushaj was open. You know that because he didn't pass to him? Couldn't it be that he didn't pass the puck to him because he simply felt going for the goal himself was the better choice? And he was right, why are you complaining about it?

Eller doesn't lack play-making skills. What he lacks is solid decision-making, When to pass and when to shoot the puck. Last year, at times he was too patient with the puck and would also opt for a pass when he should have been shooting. This year while his decision-making is much better, he seems to be a little too impatient with a play or shoots the puck when he should be passing(this wasnt the case in his goal last night).

He is only still a sophomore. With experience, he will learn to better utilize his offensive skills. It's fairly clear to me that he is a natural centre, and a very good one at that.
EXACTLY!
I have seen Eller many times forget AK in the clear in the same manner as he did for Palushaj...Don't think Cole ant Pac would accept that kind of selfishness for very long....Telling him to look-up or complain would likely make him think and loose that split decision making to go to the net.....

Remember the 4 goal night, he was perfectly set up TWICE at the edge of the net ( like a winger) where he scored 2 of them that granny would have scored as well????

The wishful thinking of the few doesn't make it true that put at center in lieu of DD, the the new recepe would be better....IF it was the two coaches ( along with the 2 wingers involved) would have come to that conclusion....

IMO, we need, for the moment, to look elsewhere for supposedly problematic remedies on the first line.....

LowBallFern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:42 PM
danishdynamite

Quote:

Outproducing?? Where do you get that from?

I will say the chance of Mads getting drafted is maybe 10%

You cannot at this point compare him to Lars at all. They are not in the same league talentwise.

I will be happy if Mads progresses, but he is not going to be drafted if he doesn't improve drastically.

danishdynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 01:50 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post

In his first season it was the exact opposite: always pass first, never shoot. All of a sudden this year he's shooting and getting results. It'll work itself out.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Lions999

Eller will be our best center by mid way next year. He is getting better everytime we see him and that's with no PP time at all. Once he gets the chance and gets even more confidence the skys the limit.

Lions999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:34 PM
KrejciMVP

I always though this kids was going to be a big talent

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:41 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishdynamite View Post
Outproducing?? Where do you get that from?

I will say the chance of Mads getting drafted is maybe 10%

You cannot at this point compare him to Lars at all. They are not in the same league talentwise.

I will be happy if Mads progresses, but he is not going to be drafted if he doesn't improve drastically.
Stats my friend!

Anyway, that is your opinion, I have seen Mads play allot, and I do not agree at all..

Also, im not at all comparing them!

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote