HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2012, 12:39 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I'd move Del Zotto before I move Dubinsky. Hes having a down year. When he has confidence he's an extremely valuable playoff player.

A lot of DZs assists are secondary. He's having a great year, no doubt, but I think we've got guys who can move the puck just as well, and Erixon is going to be special. He just needs a couple more years.

I'd put DZ in a deal with Anisimov along with prospects and picks to get Ryan.

I wouldn't trade Dubi for anything other than a clear upgrade (a player who can pot more goals while also adding that grit, character, defense and PO elevation--in other words, not for all that many players in the league). I completely disagree with the string of posters who responded to you that Dubinsky would be "easy to replace."

That said, if I had to move Dubi or Del Zotto? Del Zotto is the one who stays, and it isn't even a tough decision. Del Zotto will usually have more secondary assists--he's a d-man known for his breakout pass. I usually criticize the secondary assist as well, but with DZ, it's the secondary ones that you remember the most (he's making the passes that catch everyone flat-footed and lead to odd-man rushes). As much as I like Dubinsky, we have similar players on the roster (Anisimov, Callahan with Kreider coming up). The team doesn't have anything remotely close to Del Zotto, either on the roster or in the system. Losing Dubinsky would hurt the team. Losing Del Zotto would cripple the team. Just my opinion.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Cool it folks, we talkin about prospects man.

Not the game, but we talkin bout prospects.

No need to get pissy.

02-12-2012, 01:13 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I wouldn't trade Dubi for anything other than a clear upgrade (a player who can pot more goals while also adding that grit, character, defense and PO elevation--in other words, not for all that many players in the league). I completely disagree with the string of posters who responded to you that Dubinsky would be "easy to replace."

That said, if I had to move Dubi or Del Zotto? Del Zotto is the one who stays, and it isn't even a tough decision. Del Zotto will usually have more secondary assists--he's a d-man known for his breakout pass. I usually criticize the secondary assist as well, but with DZ, it's the secondary ones that you remember the most (he's making the passes that catch everyone flat-footed and lead to odd-man rushes). As much as I like Dubinsky, we have similar players on the roster (Anisimov, Callahan with Kreider coming up). The team doesn't have anything remotely close to Del Zotto, either on the roster or in the system. Losing Dubinsky would hurt the team. Losing Del Zotto would cripple the team. Just my opinion.
Thats just crazy talk. I like Duby too and love the way he plays the game but to say you wouldnt trade him for very many players in the league is nuts. Hes a 3rd liner.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:17 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

The concern I have is the mention Sather and Gorton had at the beginning of the season that they wanted to add another "elite" piece or two.

If they were to do so, I hope for the younger player with a manageable contract and cap hit, opposed to the older player with bad contract and high cap hit, and the older player that was run out of Philly right after signing an extension.

Granted, I wouldn't mind Carter if Ryan were unavailable.

Strictly talking about big trades, Ryan would be preferred.

Standing pat is fine.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:31 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Rick Nash?

RICK NASH to NYR?

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2012/...ck-nash-rumors

Old
02-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Rust Heisenberg

I hate coming on this thread and watching the absurd trade proposals that some of you come up with. Some of them really anger me. It's become to the point where I only come back on this thread to see the tweets you guys copy and paste.

We have a complete team. I've had enough of seeing these ridiculous trade proposals for star players. Take a page out of the Knicks book, you don't trade key players already on the team, who have built chemistry, and work well together, for 1 star player. Know what type of trade is realistic guys. We're not trading more than 1 player on this current roster (if that). No matter who we get, it won't be trades of (Dubi + Anisimov + Sauer). This team is in 1st with these players, they will not disrupt the locker room to badly (IF AT ALL)...!

Similarly, some of you over rate the role of a prospect. I love Kreider. I go to Boston College and I have had season tickets to the hockey team since I came here. I can guarantee that I've watched Kreider more than anyone on this board. For some reason, half of you make him out to be the best prospect we've had in a while and therefore he should not be moved for ANY player. That's ridiculous. You should NEVER hold up a trade for a prospect. In fact, so many times we see fan bases refusing to do trades because they fall in love with the player, only to have him never pan out at the NHL level. Don't get me wrong, I've watched Kredier now for 2 years, I would LOVE to see him in Rangers blue.

Last part that gets me angry. Whoever we get, be ****ing happy with it. I've had enough of some of you saying how much you would hate if we get a certain player... we all know you'll love the player if they help us win games, especially during the playoffs.

Bobby Ryan? He's an upgrade over almost any winger (scoring wise) besides Gaborik.
Rick Nash? He's an upgrade over arguably any winger on the roster period.
Jeff Carter? In concept he'd be an upgrade over most wingers, but he'd need to mesh and buy into the system to do that.

That being said. I've found most of these trade reports as ludicrous. We have a COMPLETE team. We have cheap replacements coming in the future (Kreider, Thomas, Bourque, Miller, St. Croix, Fasth) for forwards and for defense (Erixon, McIlrath, and whoever we choose in the 1st round this year most likely). We also have the opportunity to acquire a top 3 forward as a UFA next year in Parise. We simply do not need a Bobby Ryan, or a Jeff Carter, or a Rick Nash this season. We need a veteran, who will come up big for us in the playoffs, who's been tested and doesn't fold when the team needs him most.

HOWEVER, if a trade were to so happen where we got Nash, or Ryan, or even Carter, I'd relish the opportunity for us to finally have another top 3 winger on our powerplay and top 2 lines.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:42 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Rick Nash doesn't make any sense financially.

7.8 cap hit.

How the are we fitting that and keeping Stepan, McDonagh, Del Zotto????

From a financial stand point, Ryan and Carter make a lot more sense.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:45 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
The concern I have is the mention Sather and Gorton had at the beginning of the season that they wanted to add another "elite" piece or two.

If they were to do so, I hope for the younger player with a manageable contract and cap hit, opposed to the older player with bad contract and high cap hit, and the older player that was run out of Philly right after signing an extension.

Granted, I wouldn't mind Carter if Ryan were unavailable.

Strictly talking about big trades, Ryan would be preferred.

Standing pat is fine.
Listen lets not pretend like Carter is in his 30's. The guy just turned 27. Theres not a huge difference in age that I would even take it into consideration. Biggest thing between the two is what it would cost to get them. Ryan is by far going to cost more. Also please stop with the "he was run out of Philly" stuff, no one knows what happened.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:49 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

more on NASH

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr120211.html

Old
02-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Rick Nash doesn't make any sense financially.

7.8 cap hit.

How the are we fitting that and keeping Stepan, McDonagh, Del Zotto????
Easily. Del Zotto is the only RFA of substance this offseason. Going in accordance to how Sather has handled other RFA's of similar value he'll get a 1.2 mill contract addition (from .8 mill to about 2 mill).

Then after that Anisimov is an RFA, Stepan, McDonough, Hagelin and Sauer.

Anisimov likely only is able to get a 1 year deal to hold him over until we get more cap space. Stepan gets a similar extension to Del Zotto. So do McDonough, maybe actually slightly more but not too grotesque. Hagelin gets a minor increase, he's a role player, that's how he'll be handled in contract extensions. And unfortunately Sauer will likely not be a part of this roster after next year.

After that Gaborik comes off the books. If we would like to retain him he would likely have to take a pay cut, which is unlikely, but we'd have our replacement in Nash and hopefully the emergence of players like Kreider, Miller, and Thomas.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:53 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Thats just crazy talk. I like Duby too and love the way he plays the game but to say you wouldnt trade him for very many players in the league is nuts. Hes a 3rd liner.
Dubinsky is a 2nd liner having a down season on the score sheet. He's not a 3rd liner. Also, please read what it was that I actually wrote--Dubinsky brings a complete game--he's a top PKer on one of the league's top PK units, he hits, he defends his teammates, he elevates his game in the post-season, and he's a huge part of the locker room. On top of that, he's reliable for 40 (minimum) to 60 (maximum imo) points per season. To me, getting an additional ~20-25 points from a guy like Nash isn't worth giving up all of the other stuff that Dubinsky brings (to say nothing of the contract disparity). I wouldn't hesitate to trade him if it made the team better in both the short and long term. I just don't think he's "easily replaceable" like some folks have said in this thread.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:05 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

the blue jackets need a goalie and the kings need a star winger to play with kopitar. nash for bernier. lock it up.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

I woudnt mind having Nash, but if kreider, stepan, any of our defensemen are involved i will be pist off.

I really see Nash going to LAK for Brenier

Old
02-12-2012, 02:23 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

This is Glen Sather we're talking about. He's gonna sit back and play chess and wait to make his move. No way he's giving up all of that for Nash. No way Gorton, Clark, Graves, etc. let him.

I'm still about getting Travis Moen for a playoff run so it was nice that the Montreal GM was in the house.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:29 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
the blue jackets need a goalie and the kings need a star winger to play with kopitar. nash for bernier. lock it up.
no effin way. LA would have to throw in a 1st and Penner in as well.
I don't think I would send the reported package (Dubi, Kreider, 1st) for Nash. His cap hit would make our cap so impossible to manage. I would do Dubi, Thomas/Miller/MZA, 1st. But, man, $7.8 Ouch. Dubi and Wolski cover that but come RFA time, we're gonna lose someone... but i suppose having Rick Nash isn't a bad consolation prize I guess I just really want to keep Kreider in the end. His speed is so sexy.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
I woudnt mind having Nash, but if kreider, stepan, any of our defensemen are involved i will be pist off.

I really see Nash going to LAK for Brenier
I think Parise goes to LA for Bernier +

Old
02-12-2012, 02:32 PM
haveandare

Do not want Carter. Obviously, if he came and fit in, he'd be fine and I'd be happy to have him, but I worry that he won't fit in and the loss of whoever they trade for him will adversely affect the team's camaraderie. How many players have talked about the importance of each player playing for everyone else? How many players have brought up the importance of the team growing up together and maturing as a unit? Why risk disrupting that to add a player who went from being a leader in Philly to being traded to a bad team where his play is currently leaving much to be desired?

This team is on fire right now. As they are they are fit to compete deep into the playoffs. Why disrupt what they have going to try to put them a little more over the top? Know when enough is enough. They're solid, they have great depth and they're all playing as one huge unit. Let them battle out the rest of the season as they are unless a seriously elite talent who has a record of playing NYR type hockey is available.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

In Sather we trust!

He isn't dumb he knows how to make trades. If a trade is done for Nash or Carter, watch for us not giving up much.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Cmox

I bet Sather can pull off a Wolski, B prospect for Nash, haha

Old
02-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
In Sather we trust!

He isn't dumb he knows how to make trades. If a trade is done for Nash or Carter, watch for us not giving up much.
You would think, but he has not won every trade. I.E. Lisin for Korpedo, Zherdev for Tyutin.

I would even say Rozi for WW.

Edit: They weren't horrible trades, but not a win, either.

02-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I bet Sather can pull off a Wolski, B prospect for Nash, haha
He can give up as little as he can, but it still hamstrings our cap for the future

Old
02-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Ke11y96

It has to be Jeff Carter...The Nash rumor is nice, but Carter for Dubinsky + swap seems more plausible. Your not going to have to add Hagelin, Stepan, or Kreider with Dubi to get Carter. The way Sather does trades I'd have to say I wouldn't be shocked if it was only Dubinsky and a 1st.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
He can give up as little as he can, but it still hamstrings our cap for the future
Yeah, I thought of that after I posted, haha

Old
02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke11y96 View Post
It has to be Jeff Carter...The Nash rumor is nice, but Carter for Dubinsky + swap seems more plausible. Your not going to have to add Hagelin, Stepan, or Kreider with Dubi to get Carter. The way Sather does trades I'd have to say I wouldn't be shocked if it was only Dubinsky and a 1st.
Honestly wouldnt be surprised if Sather could pull off a trade for Carter without even giving up Dubinsky.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Honestly wouldnt be surprised if Sather could pull off a trade for Carter without even giving up Dubinsky.
Dont even think thats possible cap wise, would need to deal away someone with Wolski to free up enough space.

Closed Thread