HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thoughts on Rinaldo at this point in time

View Poll Results: What do you think of Rinaldo?
I love him!!! Great energy player for the team! 26 28.89%
I like him. He's been solid. 38 42.22%
I'm indifferent. 10 11.11%
I dislike him. I think he needs to go. 5 5.56%
I HATE him!!! Why does he exist?! 8 8.89%
I'm unsure. 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
He has done what he has been asked to do. No doubt about that. He's been asked to do what career minor leaguers are expected - don't completely **** us over when you're on the ice.

He's not a good enough player. Advanced numbers back up this claim. He's constantly outplayed when he's on the ice against bad competition, and worse as we saw yesterday when marking an underacheiving Anisimov.
Lol, he's a rookie. Yes, a rookie. Who would of thought he would make mistakes in the defensive zone eh?

When will people learn that the game flow cannot be entirely measured by statistics. Rinaldo makes game changing hits. He's done it a number of times this season.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:39 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Lol, he's a rookie. Yes, a rookie. Who would of thought he would make mistakes in the defensive zone eh?

When will people learn that the game flow cannot be entirely measured by statistics. Rinaldo makes game changing hits. He's done it a number of times this season.
He didn't change the one yesterday, even though the Flyers scored. He didn't change any of the previous games against the Rangers in which he played. He didn't change any vs. the Bruins. And he never wins fights.

Rinaldo is a "great energy player," yet the Flyers are constantly outplayed to start games - especially at home where your energy players do their best work.

Otherwise, you let the Rinaldo circle-jerk thread die a long time ago.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 01:30 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Good energy player, like sestito as well.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 01:32 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
He didn't change the one yesterday, even though the Flyers scored. He didn't change any of the previous games against the Rangers in which he played. He didn't change any vs. the Bruins. And he never wins fights.

Rinaldo is a "great energy player," yet the Flyers are constantly outplayed to start games - especially at home where your energy players do their best work.

Otherwise, you let the Rinaldo circle-jerk thread die a long time ago.
Theres way too much *****ing in ths post.

If you're really putting loses on Rinaldo alone like that then I don't know what to tell you...a guy that plays 8 minutes at most should def be blamed for games.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Hollywood Couturier

I don't like the guy. Just don't like the way he plays and always seems like he's getting penalties whether it's for doing something stupid or a reputation call. Their may be stats that prove otherwise but from what I see with my own eyes I don't like him. He also never seems to win a fight. I understand that people like him and have no problem with that, I just personally could do without him.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 01:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post

If you're really putting loses on Rinaldo alone like that then I don't know what to tell you...a guy that plays 8 minutes at most should def be blamed for games.
I think you need to re-read whats been said. At no point did I say "the Flyers lost because of Rinaldo."

Old
02-12-2012, 01:43 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post

I might be reading his post wrong, but I don't see him putting the loses on Rinaldo. He's pointing towards Rinaldo's effectiveness (or do I mean efficiency?) as an energy player being overrated, since it doesn't appear to yield any results.

I hope Wellwood comes up today and has a great game against the Red Wings, I've advocated having him as the 12th forward for some time now. A Wellwood-Schenn-Brière line might work I think. I've begun to rethink recently though, I think Rinaldo is doing a pretty good job for a rookie 4th liner. I do believe that he would have benefitted from another year in the AHL however.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
I think you need to re-read whats been said. At no point did I say "the Flyers lost because of Rinaldo."
No you clearly made the point that he didn't win the games for them either

Your posts are just so full of bitterness about him. I don't really understand what you expect from a fourth liner. I guess he should of scored 15 goals against the rags by now.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:

The Flyers can't afford to let Rinaldo "mature" on the fourth line. He doesn't bring enough to the team to forgive stupid mistakes.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
No you clearly made the point that he didn't win the games for them either

Your posts are just so full of bitterness about him. I don't really understand what you expect from a fourth liner. I guess he should of scored 15 goals against the rags by now.
Why is it bitter? I laid down my thoughts on Zac Rinaldo in a thread titled "Thoughts on Rinaldo at this point in time" and backed up my claims. I've even said he hasn't been a failure, just what he's been asked to do is not enough for an NHL player.

You've argued: "but he hitz!" and basically claiming I'm a hater since you don't have anything else.

The proper thing to do, is to do what Holmgren claimed they were trying to do, and that's let him go back to the Phantoms and work on being a dedicated penalty killer.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
The Flyers can't afford to let Rinaldo "mature" on the fourth line. He doesn't bring enough to the team to forgive stupid mistakes.
What "stupid" mistakes has he provided so far. He missed his coverage on one goal, and all of a sudden he's the worst player the team has ever had. Rinaldo creates a spark on the fourth line, you can visibly see the team uplift when he puts in one of his big hits.

If a player can't mature on the fourth line in the NHL, then where else can they. The AHL doesn't provide what the NHL does in terms of experience.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
What "stupid" mistakes has he provided so far. He missed his coverage on one goal, and all of a sudden he's the worst player the team has ever had. Rinaldo creates a spark on the fourth line, you can visibly see the team uplift when he puts in one of his big hits.
Rinaldo gives the team + energy boost points! Watch closer, because he misses his defensive assignment plenty. Thankfully he only plays 7 minutes a game against mostly other bottom 6 units, so it doesn't make too big an impact.
Quote:
If a player can't mature on the fourth line in the NHL, then where else can they. The AHL doesn't provide what the NHL does in terms of experience.
They don't. If he can't keep up defensively, replace him with a veteran.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:22 PM
2minutes4slashing

I'm a big fan of the annoying ,antagonistic , players so he's fine with me.

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Don't you think thats been half the problem of the flyers of late?

He's not amazing from his first 10 games, ship him out.

Old
02-12-2012, 03:00 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Rinaldo gives the team + energy boost points! Watch closer, because he misses his defensive assignment plenty. Thankfully he only plays 7 minutes a game against mostly other bottom 6 units, so it doesn't make too big an impact.

Who the **** on the team hasn't missed their defensive assignments?

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Great 4th liner. He's on pace for 14 points over a full season, not bad for a 21 year old averaging 6:36 of ice time a game. What a drop off from the great Blair Betts, who had 12 points last season. Ohhhh wait, Betts killed penalties. Good thing we already have a half dozen guys who can do that on this team. Give me the guy who bangs bodies, yaps, and everyone hates (who can actually skate well).

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Tim Tebow

He is an agitator. He does his job well. The only thing he can improve on is his offensive ability. Most agitators in today's NHL have a little more of an offensive upside. Guys like Cooke, Asham, Tootoo, Ott, Clutterbuck, even Avery. Other then that he has impressed me, he draws a lot of penalties, fights hard, finishes his checks, and for a rookie isn't bad defensively he is hard working.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Last year before the season started he was bashed by a good amount of you. Now it looks like he maybe playing better than you thought. Just wish the kid was about three inches taller.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote