HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2012, 12:13 PM
  #751
stonedhenge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Probably no FA forward will want to come to LA only to destroy his value and hypotetically lose millions on the next contract because of this Lombardi system, where not making a mistake is more important than scoring a goal.

stonedhenge is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 12:38 PM
  #752
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,927
vCash: 500
Semin just ripped a one-timer off a drop pass from the top of the right circle right past Lundqvist. Anyone recall the last time a Kings player did that?

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 12:53 PM
  #753
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Semin just ripped a one-timer off a drop pass from the top of the right circle right past Lundqvist. Anyone recall the last time a Kings player did that?
Penner about a few games ago....

sjmay* is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 12:53 PM
  #754
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Minus the drop pass lol

sjmay* is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:31 PM
  #755
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Penner about a few games ago....
That was an attempted wraparound that resulted in a loose puck to Penner in the slot. Semin just stepped into his shot from the top of the circle that cleanly beat Lundqvist. I haven't seen a Kings player do that in a long while. And the Rangers' Brandon Prust just one-timed a two-on-one pass from Dubinsky.

Prust would be a great free agent pickup, but I expect 20 teams trying to sign him. He's one of those valuable role players who can play physically and chip in with some offense, very much like Travis Moen. That's the type of player the Kings could use in their bottom six, more so than the likes of Trent Hunter or Brad Richardson.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:39 PM
  #756
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,170
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Cleanly beating people is overrated, we put someone in front of the net, fire the puck at defensemen, and hope for a lucky bounce, much more effective

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:46 PM
  #757
voynov26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Rangers & LA Kings EXTREMELY Interested in Nash?

I am not sure if this was posted already.

The Los Angeles Kings are also extremely interested in Nash.

The Sun suggests the big price tag for Nash could include Rangers center Brandon Dubinsky, top prospect Chris Kreider and a first-round draft pick, however one league source told TFP that one of young forwards Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin would need to be included in a package, along with Dubinsky.


Sorry I have to pass on Nash. Too hefty for my taste.

Link: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr120211.html

voynov26 is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 02:24 PM
  #758
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
I have no doubt that Dean is very interested in Nash. Dean loves big bodied forwards. Whether or not he'd be willing to pay the price for Nash in another story (he might get desperate though if his job is on the line).

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 02:29 PM
  #759
fsanford
Registered User
 
fsanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedhenge View Post
Probably no FA forward will want to come to LA only to destroy his value and hypotetically lose millions on the next contract because of this Lombardi system, where not making a mistake is more important than scoring a goal.

this...Unless we give a guy 10 years and an NMC there is no way a free agent forward would want to sign here.

fsanford is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 02:33 PM
  #760
Moscowitz
Registered User
 
Moscowitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Iowa
Country: United States
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Cleanly beating people is overrated, we put someone in front of the net, fire the puck at defensemen, and hope for a lucky bounce, much more effective
So true. Long live greasy goals!

Moscowitz is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 02:34 PM
  #761
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Because you can go back home to your family 2 months earlier.
Considering Semin would be Kopitars key option he could put up a lot of points

funky is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 02:38 PM
  #762
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Considering Semin would be Kopitars key option he could put up a lot of points
Cause that has made other Forwards want to play here right ?

Playing with Kopitar is not a reason for any Forward to sign in LA. Or someone of Stature would have already done it.

damacles1156 is online now  
Old
02-12-2012, 02:41 PM
  #763
theMajor
Registered User
 
theMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Country: United States
Posts: 881
vCash: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I have no doubt that Dean is very interested in Nash. Dean loves big bodied forwards. Whether or not he'd be willing to pay the price for Nash in another story (he might get desperate though if his job is on the line).
im really curious what AEG thinks of this whole situation.
are they upset with DL? will he be fired if we dont make the playoffs? do they trust him enough to let him spend more money while the team under-performs?
i have a feeling the next 6 months are going to be interesting

theMajor is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 02:51 PM
  #764
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
im really curious what AEG thinks of this whole situation.
are they upset with DL? will he be fired if we dont make the playoffs? do they trust him enough to let him spend more money while the team under-performs?
i have a feeling the next 6 months are going to be interesting


Dean told Helene he was already thinking about next season.

So I am sure he duped AEG into thinking this is part of the process.

damacles1156 is online now  
Old
02-12-2012, 03:06 PM
  #765
voynov26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I have no doubt that Dean is very interested in Nash. Dean loves big bodied forwards. Whether or not he'd be willing to pay the price for Nash in another story (he might get desperate though if his job is on the line).
Hopefully, not on Nash.

I will rather get:
Iginla - It won't cost that much compare to what Colombus is asking.
Pommerville or Brad Boyes - Cheap!
Ryan or Perry - Pipe dream I know.

voynov26 is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 03:10 PM
  #766
Monarchist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Cleanly beating people is overrated, we put someone in front of the net...
Rarely.

Monarchist is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 03:18 PM
  #767
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Cause that has made other Forwards want to play here right ?

Playing with Kopitar is not a reason for any Forward to sign in LA. Or someone of Stature would have already done it.
Actually, one of the reasons Gaborik wanted to sign with the Kings was because of the fact they had Kopitar (young dishing center).

Minor Boarding is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 03:19 PM
  #768
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Actually, one of the reasons Gaborik wanted to sign with the Kings was because of the fact they had Kopitar (young dishing center).
And he didnt, so it must have not been that important.

damacles1156 is online now  
Old
02-12-2012, 03:21 PM
  #769
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
And he didn, so it must have not been that important.
Would you give up 15mio$/2yrs?

Maybe the issue was DL and his right fit.

Minor Boarding is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 03:21 PM
  #770
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
im really curious what AEG thinks of this whole situation.
are they upset with DL? will he be fired if we dont make the playoffs? do they trust him enough to let him spend more money while the team under-performs?
i have a feeling the next 6 months are going to be interesting
AEG should not allow Lombardi to make another single transaction until they fire him at the end of the year. He just simply can't be trusted or allowed to take this team further down than he already has.

tomd is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 03:23 PM
  #771
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast
 
Seventyx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by voynov26 View Post
Hopefully, not on Nash.

I will rather get:
Iginla - It won't cost that much compare to what Colombus is asking.
Pommerville or Brad Boyes - Cheap!
Ryan or Perry - Pipe dream I know.
Pominville.

I'm sure Buffalo will give us their 29 year old captain who has missed less than 10 games total in the past six years who scores at least 20 goals every year for cheap. Where you at DL???

Seventyx7 is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 03:53 PM
  #772
R0CKET
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Considering Semin would be Kopitars key option he could put up a lot of points
I am rapidly becoming disillusioned by Kopitar.

His inconsistency is, on an incosistent offense, is really beginning to make me wonder why we have so much placed on this guys shoulders.

I know he doesn't have perfect guys to complement his style, but still.

This is one of THE worst offenses in the NHL and he is THE main guy in that offense.

I'm not ready to think about trading the guy, yet. But don't we have to start wonder if we couldn't do better with what he might bring to LA?

Hey even Gretzky got traded.

R0CKET is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 04:41 PM
  #773
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
MPS would be a great pickup for this team. Edmonton has a ton of forward depth and needs defenseman and goaltending badly. That guy can snipe and is always around the net. A 20 year old with plenty of skill and potential.

Hickey for MPS?
I'd do that in a heartbeat, and I'm a big Hickey supporter/defender. MPS is going to be a very solid two-way player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
We have now 64 years of non success using the good locker room guys.
So we started playing in 1947? I didn't know that. We're the forgotten sister of the original six.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Put yourself in Semin's shoes (sounds gross) or any other free agent winger-why would you want to sign in LA? High taxes, incredibly boring hockey, nobody knows who you are when you go out on the town, no pressure from the fans who have accepted mediocrity, no beat writers, you show up, struggle to score goals and you go home.
Outside of the taxes, the list you gave can actually be a positive for some players. The chance to get ut of the spotlight and just blend into the background is a positive for some. I think the main reason we haven't landed a big name guy is DL's unwillingness to take a chance (though I don't blame him on most of those).

Quote:
Originally Posted by voynov26 View Post
I am not sure if this was posted already.

The Los Angeles Kings are also extremely interested in Nash.

The Sun suggests the big price tag for Nash could include Rangers center Brandon Dubinsky, top prospect Chris Kreider and a first-round draft pick, however one league source told TFP that one of young forwards Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin would need to be included in a package, along with Dubinsky.


Sorry I have to pass on Nash. Too hefty for my taste.

Link: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr120211.html
That is a huge package for Nash. Dubinsky, Krieder and a 1st is very good value. I'm unsure if they are saying Stepan/Hagelin has to be added to that package or not.

Dub, 1st and Kreider would be like us offering Brown, Toffoli and a 1st for Nash, and then maybe having to add another good prospect (Voynov?) on top of that.

No thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voynov26 View Post
Hopefully, not on Nash.

I will rather get:
Iginla - It won't cost that much compare to what Colombus is asking.
Pommerville or Brad Boyes - Cheap!
Ryan or Perry - Pipe dream I know.
I was suggesting Boyes for Stoll, but now Stoll's hurt. And there's no way Calgary would be asking for less for Iggy than what Columbus wants for Nash.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 04:43 PM
  #774
stonedhenge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Before trading Kopitar for not scoring 100 points in this system, how about reducing some of his defensive assignments first so he could be more focused on offense. Man can't you see he is forced to play in his own zone to much? There was an article which proved Kopitar is the most defensive first line center. Having turnover machines in Brown and Williams on his wings doesn't help him either.

stonedhenge is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 04:52 PM
  #775
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedhenge View Post
Before trading Kopitar for not scoring 100 points in this system, how about reducing some of his defensive assignments first so he could be more focused on offense. Man can't you see he is forced to play in his own zone to much? There was an article which proved Kopitar is the most defensive first line center. Having turnover machines in Brown and Williams on his wings doesn't help him either.
QFT

Kopitar isn't blameless, but he does have a lot of defensive responsibilities.

kingsfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.