HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2012, 03:58 PM
JoeRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Dont even think thats possible cap wise, would need to deal away someone with Wolski to free up enough space.
Rangers can add someone with a cap hit of around $6.9 million at the deadline. After the season Wolski and Feds come off

Old
02-12-2012, 04:02 PM
MSG the place to be*

Hopefully games like today showed how important Dubi is to this team. The past 5 or so games Torts' experimentation has me worried that Dubi is on the move.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:02 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Rangers can add someone with a cap hit of around $6.9 million at the deadline. After the season Wolski and Feds come off
They can also waive Wolski to get rid of him if they can't find a way to trade him. He gets claimed or goes to the Whale. Either way his cap hit is gone.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Zil

Quote:
Dont even think thats possible cap wise, would need to deal away someone with Wolski to free up enough space.
We actually have $2.460 million in cap space according to NHL numbers (I don't use cap geek because of the pop-up ads and possibility of lurking mal-ware). Just plugging Wolski into the deal would be enough to fit in Carter (and we could always just dump Woywitka to make some more cap room). The problems with Carter are the locker room questions and his contract running through 2021-22. If he were guaranteed to fit in and just play on Richards' left wing and produce it'd be a no-brainer.

Edit: Cap geek has us at $1.5 million in space, which is still enough to fit Carter if we dump Wolski.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
We actually have $2.460 million in cap space according to NHL numbers (I don't use cap geek because of the pop-up ads and possibility of lurking mal-ware). Just plugging Wolski into the deal would be enough to fit in Carter (and we could always just dump Woywitka to make some more cap room). The problems with Carter are the locker room questions and his contract running through 2021-22. If he were guaranteed to fit in and just play on Richards' left wing and produce it'd be a no-brainer.

Edit: Cap geek has us at $1.5 million in space, which is still enough to fit Carter if we dump Wolski.
I see. Knew we had to move Wolski, but thought it'd take more.

Either way though, yeah, I don't want another long term deal on the books.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:10 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

If the package was Dubi, 1st, Thomas
who would you rather have? Nash or Ryan?
which player do you think would fit our team better?

Old
02-12-2012, 04:11 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

are we really going to get into another nash vs. ryan debate?

Old
02-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Ryan. Younger, smaller cap hit, no long term contract right now and a more complete player.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:12 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post

That $1.5 million in space is for the whole season. If you go down to where it says max cap hit, thats the number we can add today. Right now its at $5.061 so pretty much if the Rangers wait a couple of days they can add Carter without getting rid of anyone.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Anaheim likely isn't trading Ryan and I don't think there's any chance that package gets the deal done. That said, I'd much prefer Ryan. He's younger and his contract is superior by far.

Quote:
That $1.5 million in space is for the whole season. If you go down to where it says max cap hit, thats the number we can add today. Right now its at $5.061 so pretty much if the Rangers wait a couple of days they can add Carter without getting rid of anyone.
Whatever, dumping Wolski is the same thing as not getting rid of anyone.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:14 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Please read this.
I am not advocating any trade - just looking at our cap space at the deadline.
The Rangers have over $6,95 M in cap space (prorated = annual cap hit) available at the deadline with our present 24 man roster (with Sauer on LTIR).
If they swap Wolski ($3,8 M) in a presumed deadline deal and then perhaps also lighten the roster with subtracting Woywitka ($.650 M) and ev Bickel ($.600 M - if we add another defender through trade) through trades/waivers - we have just over $12 M we can add at the deadline. Assuming Sauer is gone the rest of the year an additional $.820 M can be used as cap overage with him on LTIR.
That totals a little bit over $12.8 M!!! If - God forbid - any of our other 20 "regular roster players" (12 fwd - 6 D - 2 G) are included in a deal - then their annual cap hits would also be added on top of this number. Claro?
So as you clearly see - there is plenty of cap space available for the management to make several deals - if they want to make them. And deem it necessary. And if they find the right partner for the right pieces. Lots of "ifs" - but also several interesting possibilities.
Question is if this is the right way to go.
I would not mind seeing a combination of Kubina, Whitney & Doan/Ruutu/Selšnne on the team - without giving up core players/top prospects. But that may not be possible... Time will tell

Last edited by BBKers: 02-12-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old
02-12-2012, 04:15 PM
TrueBlue9

trading for nash would be a terrible idea. It would mean breaking up part of the core, mortgaging part of the future and handcuffing salary cap space for a guy who has never played a meaningful game in the NHL. from a strictly statistical standpoint he's been a ppg player once and financially should be worth about 5-6mm a season max, not 7.8! that's insane!

Old
02-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Kershaw

Getting Rick Nash will be exactly like getting Carmelo Anthony. It'll destroy the team.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:19 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Please read this.
I am not advocating any trade - just looking at our cap space at the deadline.
The Rangers have over $6,95 M in cap space (prorated = annual cap hit) available at the deadline with our present 24 man roster (with Sauer on LTIR).
If they swap Wolski ($3,8 M) in a deal and lighten the roster with Woywitka ($.650 M) and ev Bickel ($.600 M - if we add another defender) through trades/waivers - we have just over $12 M we can add at the deadline. Assuming Sauer is gone the rest of the year an additional $.820 M can be used.
That totals a little bit over $12.8 M. If any of our other 20 "regular roster players" are included in a deal - their annual cap hits would also be added onto this.
So as you clearly see - there is plenty of cap space available for the management to make several deals - if they want to make them. And deem it necessary. And if they find the right partner for the right pieces. Lots of "ifs" - but also several interesting possibilities.
Question is if this is the right way to go.
I would not mind seeing a combination of Kubina, Whitney & Doan/Ruutu/Selšnne on the team - without giving up core players/top prospects. But that may not be possible... Time will tell
Waiving/trading players doesnt really add anything because you still have to replace them. So waiving or sending down Bickel and Woywitka does nothing because they have to be replaced and im sure they wont find anyone cheaper than those 2.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue9 View Post
trading for nash would be a terrible idea. It would mean breaking up part of the core, mortgaging part of the future and handcuffing salary cap space for a guy who has never played a meaningful game in the NHL. from a strictly statistical standpoint he's been a ppg player once and financially should be worth about 5-6mm a season max, not 7.8! that's insane!
I agree and Inferno somewhere through all these threads had a great comparison of a cap hit for production look at what you'd get for Carter or Nash. It's clear that Carter is not only the easier pick for cap hit, but he'd most likely give us similar production to what Nash could produce.

To me if the Rangers really are looking for that 30+ goal scorer, there's 3 scenarios...Nash, Carter, or Parise. Bobby Ryan won't be moved, its like saying if San Jose was plummeting they'd move Pavelski! Which they clearly wouldn't do either..

So its something like 6 more years of Nash, but he'd in all likely hood require we send Kreider in that package + Erixon, and Dubinsky, and a 1st. Which we should not do.

Carter is 10 more years, however my personal guess is would only need Dubinsky, 1st, plus a prospect and if columbus wanted a cap push of Wolski or Zuccarello, or Valentenko. Bottom line though the prospect cupboard wouldn't need to be picked apart for Carter.

Parise is already 6 million cap hit. If he hits free agency lets face facts here, he's gonna get shelled with 10 year 70+ million dollar offers. Unlike last year where Richards from the beginning of last season was consistently rumored to be Ranger come July 1st, Parise might have our name rumored for him because of our need for a scoring left winger, but I just don't feel that certainty that "a" he gets to July 1, and "b" that NYR are #1 on his destination list. Even if we are it won't be a sweetheart of deal and I highly doubt its anything under 7 million.

If you land Carter this season for Dubinsky + 1st + Thomas + Valentenko..

Next season you could have Carter and Kreider of left wing for a combined cap hit of still less than 7 million!

Carter - Richards - Callahan
Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik
Hagelin - Anisimov - Miller
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Old
02-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke11y96 View Post
Carter - Richards - Callahan
Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik
Hagelin - Anisimov - Miller
Rupp - Boyle - Prust
What on earth would lead you to believe that Miller plays any games as a Ranger next year?

Kreider starting the season with the big club is a slim chance as it is

Old
02-12-2012, 04:42 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Waiving/trading players doesnt really add anything because you still have to replace them. So waiving or sending down Bickel and Woywitka does nothing because they have to be replaced and im sure they wont find anyone cheaper than those 2.
Upgrading = replacing. Their numbers still can be deducted when allowing to figure available cap space with a 23 man roster. Math my dear Watson

Last edited by BBKers: 02-12-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old
02-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
What on earth would lead you to believe that Miller plays any games as a Ranger next year?

Thank you. Im so tired of seing Kreider and even Miller penciled for the lineup next season...if it happens, hurray, but its quite unlikely!

Old
02-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Pierre was dropping Carter's name quite a bit during the game. Almost certainly means nothing, but it was kind of unusual.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

Stepan made his NHL debut as a 20 year. dont see why Miller cant as a 19 year old. Miller is a complete player and could start on the 3rd line. he would add more skill than Brian Boyle

Old
02-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Stepan made his NHL debut as a 20 year. dont see why Miller cant as a 19 year old. Miller is a complete player and could start on the 3rd line. he would add more skill than Brian Boyle
Boyle is a dang good defensive forward. He just has 0 offense. That said, no reason why Miller couldn't feasibly bump him to the 4th line.

02-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Don't think Miller is on the team next year. Good thing is, he can play in the A.
Kreider on the team is a real possibility though.

Old
02-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Stepan has borderline incredible hockey sense. He also completed 2 years of college hockey at Wisconsin. Miller is just finishing a year in juniors. Totally different situations. And if its something you're expecting, prepare to be disappointed.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:01 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Pierre was dropping Carter's name quite a bit during the game. Almost certainly means nothing, but it was kind of unusual.
I noticed that too - almost seemed like he thought it was a fait accompli. Surprised no one else has commented on it.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Ke11y96

Miller is the long shot but Kreider will be on this team next year, he'd be on it this year if he didn't wanna go back to school. People were saying the same things about Stepan before he jumped in, and I'm telling ya Kreider will be one of our top 3 left wings next year. I don't think he's off the charts like half the board I just think he'll be our own version of Erik Cole. Fast big body forward who at his best in 3-7 years will give us a couple 30 goal seasons.

Closed Thread