HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Recall Purinton

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2006, 06:44 AM
shoothepuck

vCash: 500
He was up to finish off some of his suspension games plus he did play with Messier.

Old
01-13-2006, 11:31 AM
otto1219

yeh i saw him yesterday walking around the hallways of msg into the vip room

Old
01-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Benji Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
You guys have terrible memories.Dale Purinton got hurt last week

http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

Tuesday as of 1/4

He has 2 or 3 games remaining on the ten game suspension.The Rangers haven't placed him on IR so when he is recalled,games came off the suspension
In looking at his game log on waymoresports.com, it appears he's done his suspension and was listed as a scratch last night?

http://tsf.waymoresports.thestar.com...bygame.cgi?329

If his finger is broken, he's more then useless to the team. Maybe they just keep calling him up every now and again hoping someone will take a chance on him at 1/2 price?

Old
01-13-2006, 12:38 PM
94now

This is technicality. He's here to clear up his suspension game balance.

Old
01-13-2006, 01:07 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Are You F'in Kidding Me!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!1?!?1?!?!

Old
01-13-2006, 01:29 PM
BringBackNeilSmith

Yo, let's relax. It's just suspension reduction. Chill.

Old
01-13-2006, 09:48 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Why play him in Hartford. Use him as a 7th dman

Old
01-14-2006, 07:22 AM
BringBackNeilSmith

Per today's Journal-News:

"Defenseman Dale Purinton, who still has to serve a 10-game NHL suspension for gouging the eyes of current teammate and ex-Bruin Colton Orr during an exhibition game in Boston, was recalled from Hartford and skated with the team for the first time since the preseason. Purinton, out five more weeks with a broken right pinkie, cannot shoot the puck."

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/p...601140347/1108

Old
01-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackNeilSmith
Per today's Journal-News:

"Defenseman Dale Purinton, who still has to serve a 10-game NHL suspension for gouging the eyes of current teammate and ex-Bruin Colton Orr during an exhibition game in Boston, was recalled from Hartford and skated with the team for the first time since the preseason. Purinton, out five more weeks with a broken right pinkie, cannot shoot the puck."

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/p...601140347/1108
We know that's not correct too though. He's certainly served some of the suspension.

Is there a bigger mystery than how many games of suspension DP has left?

Old
01-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Rangersfan36

It's a good thing that we recalled Dale instead of recalling Pock because we all know that it's the smartest thing to carry only 6 serviceable d-men

Old
01-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan36
It's a good thing that we recalled Dale instead of recalling Pock because we all know that it's the smartest thing to carry only 6 serviceable d-men
There's been 6 defenseman on the roster since Pck was sent back to Hartford (who, Renney said, was only recalled so he could see him in a couple of practices). A better question might be why any team would only have 6 defenseman on the roster at any time.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Rangersfan36

I was actually being sarcastic in my statement. If I were Sather I would send down Dale, recall Pock, but at this point not knowing how long Kasper will be out of the lineup, they should try to either trade or send down Hossa and bring up an additional defenseman (Grenier for some toughness). If they try to send Hossa down, there is a good chance that he wont clear waivers. Trading him would be best, but at this point he is just taking up a roster spot. Brooklyn Ranger, I agree with you, there is no reason why a team should only have 6 D-men at anytime. They should always carry at least 7 D, 13 F and 2 G, with the additional spot being taken by either a forward or defenseman.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:08 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
I was actually being sarcastic in my statement. If I were Sather I would send down Dale, recall Pock, but at this point not knowing how long Kasper will be out of the lineup, they should try to either trade or send down Hossa and bring up an additional defenseman (Grenier for some toughness). If they try to send Hossa down, there is a good chance that he wont clear waivers. Trading him would be best, but at this point he is just taking up a roster spot. Brooklyn Ranger, I agree with you, there is no reason why a team should only have 6 D-men at anytime. They should always carry at least 7 D, 13 F and 2 G, with the additional spot being taken by either a forward or defenseman.
Well...Grenier would certainly be loved

Old
01-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Well...Grenier would certainly be loved
And usefess. He's been playing forward most of the season from what I've seen. And I seriously doubt he's gained any foot speed recently.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:34 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
I would assume that Kaspar will go on the IR for a least 7 days. That clears a roster spot and Purinton can always been sent down if they decide to bring up another player. There's no reason at all to risk losing Hossa on waivers.

As for why the team has chosen to only carry 6 defenseman. I can't say for sure, but it certainly seems like the Powers That Be don't have very much confidence in the players currently in Hartford. Yes, they need to play (the argument goes), but as far as I'm concerned Pck should have been in the lineup from the time Kondratiev was sent to Hartford. We are rebuilding, we need to know if this 23 year old player (who, remember, spent the last 1 1/2 years playing in the AHL), can possibly make it in the NHL. If not, then Sather better get off his butt and find another defenseman because going into the playoffs with only 6 defensemen on the NHL roster is suicide.

Closed Thread