HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke11y96 View Post
Miller is the long shot but Kreider will be on this team next year, he'd be on it this year if he didn't wanna go back to school. People were saying the same things about Stepan before he jumped in, and I'm telling ya Kreider will be one of our top 3 left wings next year. I don't think he's off the charts like half the board I just think he'll be our own version of Erik Cole. Fast big body forward who at his best in 3-7 years will give us a couple 30 goal seasons.
I hope you're right, but something tells me he'll need more schooling in the AHL. Stepan and Hagelin are incredibly well-schooled players - off the charts hockey sense. Ill give Kreider the benefit of the doubt until I can see him play on a regular basis, but from every reports I've seen, its his physical capabilities that get all the attention. Does he have the hockey mind to step right in? We'll see

Old
02-12-2012, 05:16 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I noticed that too - almost seemed like he thought it was a fait accompli. Surprised no one else has commented on it.
I mentioned it in the GDT.

It seemed very determined at the least....

02-12-2012, 05:25 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Upgrading = replacing. Their numbers still can be deducted when allowing to figure available cap space with a 23 man roster. Math my dear Watson
I get the math. My point was its not like you can say that the rangers can waive those guys and use the cap space from those 2 or 3 guys on one player because you still gotta replace them on the roster. Im talking more about woywitka and bicke than anything else

Old
02-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Ke11y96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I hope you're right, but something tells me he'll need more schooling in the AHL. Stepan and Hagelin are incredibly well-schooled players - off the charts hockey sense. Ill give Kreider the benefit of the doubt until I can see him play on a regular basis, but from every reports I've seen, its his physical capabilities that get all the attention. Does he have the hockey mind to step right in? We'll see
Lets not forget who coaches this team..Torts needs guys that can play his style of hockey..Zuccarello has good hockey sense, but those physical attributes keep him off the big club. Do I expect Kreider to come in and dominate no..However given his size and speed and ability to get in on the forecheck he should do just fine..His hockey sense and play away from the puck I'll leave up to the coaching staff, but his speed, size, and shot ya can't teach..Or else Zuccarello would be playing with the big boys..

Old
02-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
I noticed that too - almost seemed like he thought it was a fait accompli. Surprised no one else has commented on it.
I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic and poking fun at Millbury's intermission commentary, or if he was hinting that it was a feasible move for the Rangers.

Ain't too many scorers on the market right now. Finding one who can score 35-40 goals at $5.2M per year isn't something you can just brush off without consideration.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:36 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
I get the math. My point was its not like you can say that the rangers can waive those guys and use the cap space from those 2 or 3 guys on one player because you still gotta replace them on the roster. Im talking more about woywitka and bicke than anything else
Rangers have 13 fwds on the team now.
Wolski is a clear #13 as being lent to CT (but will be back this week)
His fate is most likely being part of a trade - second option might be waivers.
We dealt Christensen as our #14 to upgrade CT
So that means in all likelihood we have 2 fwd roster spots to upgrade for POs.
Who gets them - God knows but he ain´t talking...

Rangers have 9 defensemen on the roster now
McD - Staal - Girardi - MDZ - Strålman - Eminger are top 6
Bickel is #7
Woywitka is #8 (hence on loan to CT)
Sauer is on LTIR - but would be top 6 if healthy
There are plenty of options here.
I could see Bickel staying, adding another D through a trade, Woywitka waived and used as a reserve NYR callup if he clears and CT is eliminated. Then we could "only" bring in one (#13) fwd.
I could also see both Woywitka and Bickel moved/waived if we bring in a new Dman & Eminger being the 7th spare. Then we have 2 fwd spots (assuming Wolski is moved).
Maybe Sauer gets better and is sent down to CT for conditioning and is therefore waiver-exempt to be used as a spare for the POs? Erixon could be recalled for POs. So could Redden or Valentenko (there is no cap in POs). Not that I think it will happen though...
Maybe no trades are made and Dolan saves $$$ ??? Who really knows???

Old
02-12-2012, 06:08 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I mentioned it in the GDT.

It seemed very determined at the least....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic and poking fun at Millbury's intermission commentary, or if he was hinting that it was a feasible move for the Rangers.

Ain't too many scorers on the market right now. Finding one who can score 35-40 goals at $5.2M per year isn't something you can just brush off without consideration.
Yeah, it was very interesting. Makes me think the organization is at least considering it - whether or not they pull the trigger.

Old
02-12-2012, 06:11 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Why are people so gullible and believe everything? Jeff Carter? Glen Sather is trading for a player with 10 years remaining on his contract?

The Rangers haven't had scout attend a Jackets game in a while. No Rangers personnel attended any games last week. Not last night either. Not tonight either.

Quote:
Scouts in the building tonight from Washington (2), Dallas, Detroit and Pittsburgh. #CBJ #NHLDucks
https://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline/st...30451149049856

If the Rangers were contemplating making a trade for a player with that commitment remaining,they would someone watching Columbus on a nightly basis.

Quote:
Yet, leading up to the 2012 trade deadline, Chiarelli isn’t even sure there are any Kellys, Peverleys or Seidenbergs to be had by any team. The cupboard of available talent, it seems, is pretty bare.

“I don’t even know if guys like those three exist this year,” he said.

In other words, Chiarelli doesn’t expect a lot of player movement anywhere around the NHL in the days leading up to Feb. 27.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19370346.html

Old
02-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 1647
Quote:
If I remember correctly he even referenced Carters name to the Rangers...

Old
02-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Not a knock on the guy, but you dont trade for 10 year contracts unless maybe it was malkin or stamkos or someone like that.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 02-12-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Flaming.
Old
02-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Not a knock on the guy, but you dont trade for 10 year contracts unless maybe it was malkin or stamkos or someone like that.
couldn't we ask him to reconstruct his contract?

Old
02-12-2012, 06:40 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
Not allowed within the CBA.

Old
02-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
Not sure if your being serious or not but no AFAIK that is against the rules of the CBA.

Old
02-12-2012, 06:43 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Or you can get a 30-40 goal scorer who's 27 and has a cap hit of 5.2 million with no NMC or NTC.

Old
02-12-2012, 06:52 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Or you can get a 30-40 goal scorer who's 27 and has a cap hit of 5.2 million with no NMC or NTC.
Here we go again..

Old
02-12-2012, 06:54 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Here we go again..
Hahahaha. Don't worry, it all ends (for a few months) in two weeks.

Old
02-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
What on earth would lead you to believe that Miller plays any games as a Ranger next year?

Kreider starting the season with the big club is a slim chance as it is
No dude, every prospect is a lock for the squad the year after they are drafted. That's why you see Wrath, Kreider, et al, tearing it up on the Rangers right now.

Oh wait.

rip
Old
02-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Dorado*

I'm under the impression after this week that only a depth player for upgrades to either 3 rd pair or a 2/3 line tweener are going to happen .
Plays like Dubi and Prust and Boyle made today on the PK and ULTIMATELY GWG , will be what wins games come PO .
This team loves each other and honestly loosely reminds me of the way the ISLANDERS DYNASTY had a few big game guys who were obvious HOF players , 22/19/5 but also the Tonellis , Nystromsm,Gillies , Morrows , Bournes etc . As I watched their mostly homegrown drafted players beat us every year ( except 79 ) it was obvious that even though they had 5 /22/19 they truly were a galvanized TEAM in every sense of the word .
One needs to look no further than Stralman who was jettisoned by NJD and came with a rep as soft . He plays hard and physical every night . I attribute that to the locker room .
Dubi is a big part of that

Old
02-12-2012, 08:50 PM
SAvery16*

Thomas Vanek

Hey guys,

Huge Rangers fan here. So glad that I discovered these boards, as I was looking for a site to discuss Rangers hockey.

We are playing phenomenal right now, but I still think we will need to add a top 6 forward to put us over the top.

Vanek has a big contract, and Buffalo may be looking to dump salary.

I'm thinking Wolski, Dubinsky, Hagelin, and a 1st?

Thoughts?

Old
02-12-2012, 08:52 PM
jaywills1020

Quote:
How many years did Brad Richards sign for? Were you OK with that? If the deal was right I would take Carter in a heartbeat.

Old
02-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I say no to every proposal that includes Hagelin. You don't trade this kid away. Wolski, Thomas, 1st, and 2nd.

Old
02-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Happy holidays! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
Hey guys,

Huge Rangers fan here. So glad that I discovered these boards, as I was looking for a site to discuss Rangers hockey.

We are playing phenomenal right now, but I still think we will need to add a top 6 forward to put us over the top.

Vanek has a big contract, and Buffalo may be looking to dump salary.

I'm thinking Wolski, Dubinsky, Hagelin, and a 1st?

Thoughts?
Welcome to the boards. It is crazy here.

With that said, I don't think you'll find many here willing to make the deal you are suggesting. Vanek is just too prone to disappearing for long stretches of time.

Old
02-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywills1020 View Post
How many years did Brad Richards sign for? Were you OK with that? If the deal was right I would take Carter in a heartbeat.
I love how naive some of you guys are. How is it even possible to be as naive as this?

"We have one guy signed for 9 years, why not just add another 10 year contract "

Just because you have one, doesn't mean adding another one is OK. Jeez, use your noggin.

Old
02-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

Welcome! The deal would be a no go though, Vanek isn't very consistent and he's extremely prone to injury. And Hagelin isn't going anywhere

Old
02-12-2012, 09:00 PM
SAvery16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Welcome to the boards. It is crazy here.

With that said, I don't think you'll find many here willing to make the deal you are suggesting. Vanek is just too prone to disappearing for long stretches of time.
That's surprising.

Vanek is Buffalo's franchise player. They won't give him away for nothing.

Hagelin is a nice young player, but he doesn't project to be a top 6 forward. Avery or Zuccarello should be able to match his production for the remainder of the season.

Wolski blows

Dubinsky and AA has been the weak link of the team this season

Closed Thread