HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2012, 09:21 PM
  #251
BelovedIsles
Registered User
 
BelovedIsles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In Your head [;
Country: United States
Posts: 10,007
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
If Bridge makes the POs (which I totally hope b/c I'm craving some playoff action), can Nino be assigned to that roster?

BelovedIsles is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 09:40 PM
  #252
islandermaniac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
If Bridge makes the POs (which I totally hope b/c I'm craving some playoff action), can Nino be assigned to that roster?
i believe he can only play for bridgeport once portland's season is over. someone else is more than welcome to correct me if that i am wrong.

if i'm correct, here is what i suggest. have the islanders sit him down with an "injury" for the last two weeks of the nyi season. then, once he is "healthy" again, send him to bridgeport for a conditioning assignment. this assignment can last for two weeks. perhaps after the end of this two weeks, portland will be eliminated from the playoffs and niederreiter can continue to play with the soundtigers.

problems with my devious plan? if the islanders season is over, then there is likely no conditioning stint that can be assigned. hey, at least i'm trying! can i say the same about the isles' fearless leader?

islandermaniac is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
  #253
Isles Enforcer
Registered User
 
Isles Enforcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer

Isles Enforcer is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 10:02 PM
  #254
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin De Haan Job View Post
Congrats on the gig.. I can't wait for Cizikas to get here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
That's awesome, how is it?
So freakin' awesome I love it. I got to talk with Gillies today, he has to be the nicest guy I've ever met. He loves to talk to the kids that go on the ice at intermission, get them all excited to have fun. Cizikas is the same way, he was talking to the kids while they were reviewing the over time goal instead of his teammates. Those kids will never forget that moment, and I love athletes that do that.

Funny story, when they were reviewing the over time goal I asked Gillies what they could possibly be reviewing. He said, "I don't know man, I saw that goal go top *******" (censored being the "t" word for breasts ). I couldn't believe he said that to me

SLAPSHOT723 is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 10:08 PM
  #255
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,416
vCash: 8243
That's incredible, very jealous!

Kevin27nyi is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 10:10 PM
  #256
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
That's incredible, very jealous!
I'll be sure to keep everyone updated with stories as the season continues. This is a very good team, they all get along really well too from what I can see.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline  
Old
02-13-2012, 08:30 AM
  #257
NYI78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milford CT
Country: United States
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I'll be sure to keep everyone updated with stories as the season continues. This is a very good team, they all get along really well too from what I can see.
this is a very fun team to watch and they have tons of jam and play with a lot of sandpaper...all of the echl guys have played very well..

NYI78 is offline  
Old
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
  #258
BennyBST
Registered User
 
BennyBST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fairfield CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
this is a very fun team to watch and they have tons of jam and play with a lot of sandpaper...all of the echl guys have played very well..
Yes! They all have played well, namely Oleksy is tough, Howes seems to always get shots on net, Mouillerat has had his moments, Landry has provided a lot of offense from the blueline and Riley has provided grit on the 4th line. Gentile has been pretty good too.

BennyBST is offline  
Old
02-13-2012, 10:14 AM
  #259
Sneekypete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Branford,Ct
Country: United States
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Even with all the grit and heart this team has , Thompson is proving himself to be a very good and motivating coach. He gets his team ready to play and compete every night. They also seem to match up very well against almost every team.
Bports transition game has also been very good, they don`t play around with the puck in there zone much.
ANother thing is you never see Bports players stop moving, players are always filling lanes defensively and jumping into open lanes offensively.

Sneekypete is offline  
Old
02-13-2012, 02:45 PM
  #260
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
Yes! They all have played well, namely Oleksy is tough, Howes seems to always get shots on net, Mouillerat has had his moments, Landry has provided a lot of offense from the blueline and Riley has provided grit on the 4th line. Gentile has been pretty good too.
I've definitely been impressed with Oleksy. Mouillerat has been noticeably good, especially for an ECHL guy. They played the Whale last night, Erixon sucked.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:31 PM
  #261
Brain Hemorrhage
Registered User
 
Brain Hemorrhage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Even with all the grit and heart this team has , Thompson is proving himself to be a very good and motivating coach. He gets his team ready to play and compete every night. They also seem to match up very well against almost every team.
Bports transition game has also been very good, they don`t play around with the puck in there zone much.
ANother thing is you never see Bports players stop moving, players are always filling lanes defensively and jumping into open lanes offensively.
I wonder how much of a role Thompson played in demoting Anton Klementyev.

Brain Hemorrhage is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:13 PM
  #262
13th Floor
Registered User
 
13th Floor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,628
vCash: 500
Anyone who follows BST know how he is playing? I see from the website he is playing 3rd line RW, or at least was slotted there from the last game.

Armchair coaching here, but please plug in Rakh and Ullstrom on this team and get rid of Reasoner and Rolston.

13th Floor is offline  
Old
02-15-2012, 01:38 PM
  #263
NYI78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milford CT
Country: United States
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor View Post
Anyone who follows BST know how he is playing? I see from the website he is playing 3rd line RW, or at least was slotted there from the last game.

Armchair coaching here, but please plug in Rakh and Ullstrom on this team and get rid of Reasoner and Rolston.
he is getting back to form..been very good his last 5 games and had a wicked snipe to beat the whale on sunday

NYI78 is offline  
Old
02-16-2012, 10:13 AM
  #264
BennyBST
Registered User
 
BennyBST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fairfield CT
Country: United States
Posts: 1,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage View Post
I wonder how much of a role Thompson played in demoting Anton Klementyev.
I have to say that Anton showed signs of being a solid D last season, then the KHL Lokomotiv tragedy occured where he lost his best friend. He didn't seem like was the same player since that.

BennyBST is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 03:13 PM
  #265
Isles Enforcer
Registered User
 
Isles Enforcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer

Isles Enforcer is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 05:26 PM
  #266
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Redneck Riveria
Country: United States
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
I'm watching the Sound Tigers right now. They are more fun to watch than the Isles.

This is only the second time I've ever watched them.

BobbyNystromOwnsYou* is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 05:59 PM
  #267
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,300
vCash: 500
And BPort quietly won both games this weekend.

They've won the last 4 straight, if I'm following correctly.

Even nicer, Ullstrom has four goals in the last 3 games, and 19 on the season.

Looks like Landry has been a REAL nice offensive Dman find this year...

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 06:09 PM
  #268
islandermaniac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
And BPort quietly won both games this weekend.

They've won the last 4 straight, if I'm following correctly.

Even nicer, Ullstrom has four goals in the last 3 games, and 19 on the season.

Looks like Landry has been a REAL nice offensive Dman find this year...
talk about a guy out of nowhere! landry couldn't even make the ahl for the last 6 seasons and then here he is, a major contributor to bridgeport's recent success.

islandermaniac is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 06:24 PM
  #269
WangMustGo
NYI
 
WangMustGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,201
vCash: 500
Great to see them doing well, always important to get the kiddies in a winning environment. Hopefully they can keep winning games.

Nice to see Cizikas, Ullstrom, and Donovan all contributing and developing very well. We are loaded with great prospects.

WangMustGo is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 01:04 AM
  #270
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
And BPort quietly won both games this weekend.

They've won the last 4 straight, if I'm following correctly.
14-1-1 since the beginning of the new year..

How does point system work in the AHL?

Bunk Moreland is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 09:13 AM
  #271
Sneekypete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Branford,Ct
Country: United States
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin De Haan Job View Post
14-1-1 since the beginning of the new year..

How does point system work in the AHL?
The same as the NHL unless u mean the playoff system and then it would be the same as the NHL again.
Bport has been very fun to watch since the New Year, The Isles fans keep clamoring to call up Ulstrom and CC, and I don`t really agree at this point. Yes both are good enough to play in the NHL but as of right now both are carrying Bport towards the playoffs, and if they keep playing the way they are playing they could be a force to be reckoned with.
I am pretty sure both will get a look at the NHL level this season but, the leadership they are showing by example is off the charts, playing all out every shift, it is literally contagious...

Sneekypete is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
  #272
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,967
vCash: 500
Another great win for Bridgeport. Anders Nilsson got his first career AHL shutout, and Blair Riley (who I've liked since watching him) scored his first goal as a Sound Tiger. They played Albany who wasn't too impressive, and they're really creeping up on Connecticut to get 1st in the division, one point behind. Thompson really is a great coach.

Even though he didn't get a point (I think), Donovan played great today. Really clever defensively, and showed signs of offensive ability. He's a really cool guy too, one of the funnier players of the "young core". He loves the kicking the soccer ball around before warm ups, gets mad (funny mad) every time he gets eliminated. He accidentally backed into me and nailed me into the wall when I was trying to walk around their game. I'm never doing that again


Last edited by SLAPSHOT723: 02-20-2012 at 04:39 PM.
SLAPSHOT723 is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 05:49 PM
  #273
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky
 
Backhand of Justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Another great win for Bridgeport. Anders Nilsson got his first career AHL shutout, and Blair Riley (who I've liked since watching him) scored his first goal as a Sound Tiger. They played Albany who wasn't too impressive, and they're really creeping up on Connecticut to get 1st in the division, one point behind. Thompson really is a great coach.

Even though he didn't get a point (I think), Donovan played great today. Really clever defensively, and showed signs of offensive ability. He's a really cool guy too, one of the funnier players of the "young core". He loves the kicking the soccer ball around before warm ups, gets mad (funny mad) every time he gets eliminated. He accidentally backed into me and nailed me into the wall when I was trying to walk around their game. I'm never doing that again
He actually got an assist on Mouillierat's goal.

Backhand of Justice is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 05:59 PM
  #274
islandermaniac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Another great win for Bridgeport. Anders Nilsson got his first career AHL shutout, and Blair Riley (who I've liked since watching him) scored his first goal as a Sound Tiger. They played Albany who wasn't too impressive, and they're really creeping up on Connecticut to get 1st in the division, one point behind. Thompson really is a great coach.

Even though he didn't get a point (I think), Donovan played great today. Really clever defensively, and showed signs of offensive ability. He's a really cool guy too, one of the funnier players of the "young core". He loves the kicking the soccer ball around before warm ups, gets mad (funny mad) every time he gets eliminated. He accidentally backed into me and nailed me into the wall when I was trying to walk around their game. I'm never doing that again
according to the ahl website, donovan did register an assist on the opening goal. 31 pts in 50 games now after having 12 pts in 32 games.

islandermaniac is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 01:13 AM
  #275
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
He actually got an assist on Mouillierat's goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
according to the ahl website, donovan did register an assist on the opening goal. 31 pts in 50 games now after having 12 pts in 32 games.
Thanks for clarifying, I had to leave right away so I didn't get to hear anything about stats or whatever. Like I said though, great game by Donovan. This whole team is just playing out of their minds.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.