HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2012, 09:21 PM
BelovedIsles

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
If Bridge makes the POs (which I totally hope b/c I'm craving some playoff action), can Nino be assigned to that roster?

Old
02-12-2012, 09:40 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
If Bridge makes the POs (which I totally hope b/c I'm craving some playoff action), can Nino be assigned to that roster?
i believe he can only play for bridgeport once portland's season is over. someone else is more than welcome to correct me if that i am wrong.

if i'm correct, here is what i suggest. have the islanders sit him down with an "injury" for the last two weeks of the nyi season. then, once he is "healthy" again, send him to bridgeport for a conditioning assignment. this assignment can last for two weeks. perhaps after the end of this two weeks, portland will be eliminated from the playoffs and niederreiter can continue to play with the soundtigers.

problems with my devious plan? if the islanders season is over, then there is likely no conditioning stint that can be assigned. hey, at least i'm trying! can i say the same about the isles' fearless leader?

Old
02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer

Old
02-12-2012, 10:02 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin De Haan Job View Post
Congrats on the gig.. I can't wait for Cizikas to get here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
That's awesome, how is it?
So freakin' awesome I love it. I got to talk with Gillies today, he has to be the nicest guy I've ever met. He loves to talk to the kids that go on the ice at intermission, get them all excited to have fun. Cizikas is the same way, he was talking to the kids while they were reviewing the over time goal instead of his teammates. Those kids will never forget that moment, and I love athletes that do that.

Funny story, when they were reviewing the over time goal I asked Gillies what they could possibly be reviewing. He said, "I don't know man, I saw that goal go top *******" (censored being the "t" word for breasts ). I couldn't believe he said that to me

Old
02-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 8243
That's incredible, very jealous!

Old
02-12-2012, 10:10 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
That's incredible, very jealous!
I'll be sure to keep everyone updated with stories as the season continues. This is a very good team, they all get along really well too from what I can see.

Old
02-13-2012, 08:30 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I'll be sure to keep everyone updated with stories as the season continues. This is a very good team, they all get along really well too from what I can see.
this is a very fun team to watch and they have tons of jam and play with a lot of sandpaper...all of the echl guys have played very well..

Old
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
this is a very fun team to watch and they have tons of jam and play with a lot of sandpaper...all of the echl guys have played very well..
Yes! They all have played well, namely Oleksy is tough, Howes seems to always get shots on net, Mouillerat has had his moments, Landry has provided a lot of offense from the blueline and Riley has provided grit on the 4th line. Gentile has been pretty good too.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Sneekypete

Even with all the grit and heart this team has , Thompson is proving himself to be a very good and motivating coach. He gets his team ready to play and compete every night. They also seem to match up very well against almost every team.
Bports transition game has also been very good, they don`t play around with the puck in there zone much.
ANother thing is you never see Bports players stop moving, players are always filling lanes defensively and jumping into open lanes offensively.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:45 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
Yes! They all have played well, namely Oleksy is tough, Howes seems to always get shots on net, Mouillerat has had his moments, Landry has provided a lot of offense from the blueline and Riley has provided grit on the 4th line. Gentile has been pretty good too.
I've definitely been impressed with Oleksy. Mouillerat has been noticeably good, especially for an ECHL guy. They played the Whale last night, Erixon sucked.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Brain Hemorrhage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Even with all the grit and heart this team has , Thompson is proving himself to be a very good and motivating coach. He gets his team ready to play and compete every night. They also seem to match up very well against almost every team.
Bports transition game has also been very good, they don`t play around with the puck in there zone much.
ANother thing is you never see Bports players stop moving, players are always filling lanes defensively and jumping into open lanes offensively.
I wonder how much of a role Thompson played in demoting Anton Klementyev.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:13 PM
13th Floor

Anyone who follows BST know how he is playing? I see from the website he is playing 3rd line RW, or at least was slotted there from the last game.

Armchair coaching here, but please plug in Rakh and Ullstrom on this team and get rid of Reasoner and Rolston.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:38 PM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor View Post
Anyone who follows BST know how he is playing? I see from the website he is playing 3rd line RW, or at least was slotted there from the last game.

Armchair coaching here, but please plug in Rakh and Ullstrom on this team and get rid of Reasoner and Rolston.
he is getting back to form..been very good his last 5 games and had a wicked snipe to beat the whale on sunday

Old
02-16-2012, 10:13 AM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage View Post
I wonder how much of a role Thompson played in demoting Anton Klementyev.
I have to say that Anton showed signs of being a solid D last season, then the KHL Lokomotiv tragedy occured where he lost his best friend. He didn't seem like was the same player since that.

Old
02-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer

Old
02-19-2012, 05:26 PM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

I'm watching the Sound Tigers right now. They are more fun to watch than the Isles.

This is only the second time I've ever watched them.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

And BPort quietly won both games this weekend.

They've won the last 4 straight, if I'm following correctly.

Even nicer, Ullstrom has four goals in the last 3 games, and 19 on the season.

Looks like Landry has been a REAL nice offensive Dman find this year...

Old
02-19-2012, 06:09 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post

Even nicer, Ullstrom has four goals in the last 3 games, and 19 on the season.

Looks like Landry has been a REAL nice offensive Dman find this year...
talk about a guy out of nowhere! landry couldn't even make the ahl for the last 6 seasons and then here he is, a major contributor to bridgeport's recent success.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:24 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Great to see them doing well, always important to get the kiddies in a winning environment. Hopefully they can keep winning games.

Nice to see Cizikas, Ullstrom, and Donovan all contributing and developing very well. We are loaded with great prospects.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post

14-1-1 since the beginning of the new year..

How does point system work in the AHL?

Old
02-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin De Haan Job View Post
14-1-1 since the beginning of the new year..

How does point system work in the AHL?
The same as the NHL unless u mean the playoff system and then it would be the same as the NHL again.
Bport has been very fun to watch since the New Year, The Isles fans keep clamoring to call up Ulstrom and CC, and I don`t really agree at this point. Yes both are good enough to play in the NHL but as of right now both are carrying Bport towards the playoffs, and if they keep playing the way they are playing they could be a force to be reckoned with.
I am pretty sure both will get a look at the NHL level this season but, the leadership they are showing by example is off the charts, playing all out every shift, it is literally contagious...

Old
02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Another great win for Bridgeport. Anders Nilsson got his first career AHL shutout, and Blair Riley (who I've liked since watching him) scored his first goal as a Sound Tiger. They played Albany who wasn't too impressive, and they're really creeping up on Connecticut to get 1st in the division, one point behind. Thompson really is a great coach.

Even though he didn't get a point (I think), Donovan played great today. Really clever defensively, and showed signs of offensive ability. He's a really cool guy too, one of the funnier players of the "young core". He loves the kicking the soccer ball around before warm ups, gets mad (funny mad) every time he gets eliminated. He accidentally backed into me and nailed me into the wall when I was trying to walk around their game. I'm never doing that again

Last edited by SLAPSHOT723: 02-20-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old
02-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
Another great win for Bridgeport. Anders Nilsson got his first career AHL shutout, and Blair Riley (who I've liked since watching him) scored his first goal as a Sound Tiger. They played Albany who wasn't too impressive, and they're really creeping up on Connecticut to get 1st in the division, one point behind. Thompson really is a great coach.

Even though he didn't get a point (I think), Donovan played great today. Really clever defensively, and showed signs of offensive ability. He's a really cool guy too, one of the funnier players of the "young core". He loves the kicking the soccer ball around before warm ups, gets mad (funny mad) every time he gets eliminated. He accidentally backed into me and nailed me into the wall when I was trying to walk around their game. I'm never doing that again
He actually got an assist on Mouillierat's goal.

Old
02-20-2012, 05:59 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:

according to the ahl website, donovan did register an assist on the opening goal. 31 pts in 50 games now after having 12 pts in 32 games.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:13 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
He actually got an assist on Mouillierat's goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
according to the ahl website, donovan did register an assist on the opening goal. 31 pts in 50 games now after having 12 pts in 32 games.
Thanks for clarifying, I had to leave right away so I didn't get to hear anything about stats or whatever. Like I said though, great game by Donovan. This whole team is just playing out of their minds.

Closed Thread