HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #55 Blues vs Sharks

Old
02-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Was Petro's last goal a PPG?
Nay, scored 11 seconds after the penalty ended.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Burynai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerD1 View Post
Feels great to get another big win tonight!! Funny how Sharks fans react. I went over to their board and all I see is comments of how they would crush us in a seven game series. How boring we are and the trap is boring. Kind of upsets me. Even beating a team 3 0 I guess still isn't enough for their fans to take us serious. Apparently our game wont work in the playoffs against San Jose lmao. I really hope we do get to play them in the playoffs. Halak doesn't seem to scared of them.
Of any team in the Western conference, they actually scare me the least.

Burynai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kittensmasher
moe.ron

I was really impressed with the Blues' tenacity on both the forecheck and backcheck, particularly during the third. The strong PKs, especially during the iffy Oshie penalties, seemed to reflect a team that refuses to fall back into a shell and that dreaded pray-that-the-other-team-doesn't-score mentality.

And a huge LOL at the smattering of Sharks fans complaining about the reffing and the bad ice (bad ice of course only screws over one team, right?) and the Blues' "boring trap" that obviously cost them the game. No need to repeat another analysis about how the Bues' "trap" is a myth, but it's still annoying to hear about it from ignoramuses. Get over yourselves and accept responsibility for your loss.

kittensmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EOM

Welcome aboard Hammer Slammer. The LOTR reference is simply awesome.

I don't know what the Sharks fans have to complain about. They lost because their team played like ****. The refs started evening out the calls and the Sharks were pathetic on the PP. The Blues carried most of the play 5 on 5 as well. Sharks had no business winning that game no matter how you slice it.

Also, it's been mentioned before, but it's becoming increasingly hilarious how many fans don't have a clue what the neutral zone trap actually is. It's just their go-to excuse for being dominated by the Blues.

Four wins in a row, six goals for Perron. And Andy Mac was great in his first game back. The Blues actually have a chance at developing a decent offense now.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Bruv
kissin kevin shields

Can we just give the Blues a win on Tuesday against CBJ?

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Halak now 4th with a 1.97 GAA and 12th with .922SV%. Halak is coming along nicely!

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:56 PM
EOM

Quote:
Feels great to get another big win tonight!! Funny how Sharks fans react. I went over to their board and all I see is comments of how they would crush us in a seven game series. How boring we are and the trap is boring. Kind of upsets me. Even beating a team 3 0 I guess still isn't enough for their fans to take us serious. Apparently our game wont work in the playoffs against San Jose lmao. I really hope we do get to play them in the playoffs. Halak doesn't seem to scared of them.
Not just 3-0 tonight, but the season series is now 3-0 in favor of the Blues. If this were the playoffs the Sharks would be on the verge of getting swept. But apparently once the playoffs start the Sharks magically get better and the Blues start sucking.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:57 PM
TylerD1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiflOlly View Post
I love the guy on the Sharks board that is saying we set our ice up to be bad on purpose so stretch passes can't beat our "Trap". Where do they come up with this stuff?
Honestly that fan base will make excuses till the bitter end. It's sad they can't just pay credit where credit is due. Then again when they got swept by Chicago two years ago and lost 4 games to 1 to Vancouver I'm sure they still made every excuse under the sun. Very sad.

TylerD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Fred Murtz

Pie ENG

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Thallis
We suck again!

vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burynai View Post
Of any team in the Western conference, they actually scare me the least.
Them, Chicago, and whomever gets the eighth seed are the ones I'd like to play the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuDi View Post
Can we just give the Blues a win on Tuesday against CBJ?
Absolutely not. We have to play every game. Even Columbus can beat us if we don't take them seriously.

Thallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOM View Post
Welcome aboard Hammer Slammer. The LOTR reference is simply awesome.
Im pretty sure its Game of Thrones; if you havent seen it, WATCH IT! One of the best shows out there.

Anyways, bunch of California crybabies. Dominated them playing back to back games. And I echo the feelings from the poster who said they never want to see Petro play on another team, the guy is amazing.

wilco5886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Bruv
kissin kevin shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Them, Chicago, and whomever gets the eighth seed are the ones I'd like to play the most.

Absolutely not. We have to play every game. Even Columbus can beat us if we don't take them seriously.
Hahah, I wasn't being serious.

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

I'd much rather play SJ in 7 game series than DET, NSH, VAN, and possibly CHI if they turn it back around. We match up well against them.

Mr Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
EOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco5886 View Post
Im pretty sure its Game of Thrones; if you havent seen it, WATCH IT! One of the best shows out there.
Nope, it's definitely LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring. The scene at the council when he says "One does not simply walk into Mordor."

Old
02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:

Anyways, bunch of California crybabies. Dominated them playing back to back games. And I echo the feelings from the poster who said they never want to see Petro play on another team, the guy is amazing.
It's a meme that comes from The Fellowship of the Ring, when Boromir says "One does not simply walk into Mordor." The Game of Thrones one is "Brace yourselves: ..." Also college facebook meme pages are amazingly terrible.

Thallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:01 PM
TylerD1

Quote:
Not just 3-0 tonight, but the season series is now 3-0 in favor of the Blues. If this were the playoffs the Sharks would be on the verge of getting swept. But apparently once the playoffs start the Sharks magically get better and the Blues start sucking.
Wow your right, I didnt actually realize we were up 3-0 on them this season. Makes me feel even better. My god are they ever out of it. They seem to forget their team isn't exactly that scary come playoff time.

TylerD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:02 PM
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs

Quote:
Nope, it's definitely LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring. The scene at the council when he says "One does not simply walk into Mordor."
I checked it again, your definently right. Oh well, free plug for Game of Thrones.

wilco5886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHopeForEveryone

Quote:

pic is from LOTR movie not GoT series...

nice win...i expected strong game but shutout? you are welcome see you again against cbj (i hope)

NewHopeForEveryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Unfortunately the Red Wings won, extending their home winning streak to 20 games.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SoulChaser17

Crap. Detroit wins again.

Stupid ref wings.

SoulChaser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:04 PM
BlueDream

How could anyone seriously claim that the Blues are not a good 5 on 5 team? Seriously. That is how they win, by being one of the best 5 on 5 teams in the entire National Hockey League. Have they seen our special teams numbers?

Haha, anyways, what a great win for the Blue Note tonight. They just simply outskated and outplayed the Sharks. It was pretty much a domination. I already mentioned how amazing of a game Pietrangelo played, but here are my other positive thoughts from tonight's game:

-- Gotta start with Andy McDonald. Happy for him that he's back and he made a huge impact right away on our powerplay. It should improve with him.

-- David Perron and T.J. Oshie continue to rack up points. Good games by both of them.

-- Vladimir Sobotka had one of his better performances of late. He was gritty and great on the PK. Loved his hit on Thornton.

-- Our PK overall was tremendous, but also a shout out to Patrik Berglund. I liked his game tonight. He was very solid defensively, IMO. These past few games have been a step in the right direction for him for sure.

-- Shattenkirk played a good game. He's gone cold on offense lately but had some chances tonight...he'll start getting some points again eventually.

-- Another shutout. This speaks highly of our team defense who just swarmed the puck carriers and allowed very few chances. We looked awesome and this game was the epitome of Hitchcock's system. But Halak was good and made some nice saves, and he'll be back in net Tuesday against Columbus.

Great game - we play really well vs San Jose. 55 games, 75 points. This team is rolling.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

I find it interesting that we are still talking about the SJ fans rather than a great Blues domination, or stellar play by Petro, the return of Andy Mac, a thriving Halak, a rambunctious Sobotka...etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I'll post my whole game thoughts in another post, but first, this guy needs his own post....

Alex Pietrangelo.

2 G 1 A 3 PTS and an outstanding game defensively. One of the best games so far in his young career. He's had a lot of good ones but wow he is great.
QFT

Old
02-12-2012, 10:05 PM
ToniJ1960

Quote:
Werent the Blues leading 2-0 or 3-0 against them last year too when Dumbo Joe did his dirty deed?

ToniJ1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniJ1960 View Post
Werent the Blues leading 2-0 or 3-0 against them last year too when Dumbo Joe did his dirty deed?
If you explain this in a way that comes does not come off as trolling, then I will not delete it.

Old
02-12-2012, 10:10 PM
ToniJ1960

I didnt mean it that way just a question?

ToniJ1960 is offline   Reply With Quote