HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobrovsky

Old
02-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
The reason why flyers fans are saying the signing is a mistake is because Bryz is an AVERAGE goalie signed to a massive contract.

And as a rangers fan, after seeing the signings of drury, redden, and gomez, I have to strongly agree with the flyers fans who say Bryz will never live up to his contract.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
The reason why flyers fans are saying the signing is a mistake is because Bryz is an AVERAGE goalie signed to a massive contract.
that's not Bryz's fault & [in my view] should not be a determining factor in judging whether any particular goal is a 'weak' goal.

Nor should Bob's experience / contract terms be a determining factor in judging whether any particular goal is a 'weak' goal.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 03:06 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
that's not Bryz's fault & [in my view] should not be a determining factor in judging whether any particular goal is a 'weak' goal.

Nor should Bob's experience / contract terms be a determining factor in judging whether any particular goal is a 'weak' goal.
A "weak" goal is a "weak" goal. When you are making $10 million and letting in weak goal, people question why he is making that much and his value is not close to his contract. Bryzgalov has been below average this season and deserves the derision he has received.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post

The goalie's experience / contract does influence how many "weak" goals are "acceptable" though.

Old
02-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
The goalie's experience / contract does influence how many "weak" goals are "acceptable" though.
not in my view. i go by wins. and hopefully championships.

but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Bryzgalov has been below average this season and deserves the derision he has received.
then he also deserves recognition of his improvement since the WC, and therein lies the problem.

the 'Bob must be named the #1, but he'll be held to a lower standard' crowd continue with the derision, in the face of his improvement. even when Bryz gets a shutout, and posts better numbers than Bob, they continue with the derision ..... when Bryz doesn't even dress, they continue with the derision

Bryz had a poor start.
deserved to be benched.
has improved.
now has numbers equal to Bob. [no small feat, considering his poor start]
has outplayed Bob lately.
must improve more for us to have a chance.

i'm sorry, but if people can't handle that assessment of things, they'll just need to find a way to agree to disagree

Old
02-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:

And as a rangers fan, after seeing the signings of drury, redden, and gomez, I have to strongly agree with the flyers fans who say Bryz will never live up to his contract.
I don't think the situations are comparable.

Wade Redden: When the Rangers signed Redden he was already declining rapidly and many teams were already avoiding him.

Scott Gomez: Had 1 great season where every stat was far above normal for him. What he did as a Ranger was literally identical to his career as a Devil minus that 1 fluke season.

Chris Drury: His career high in points was 69 and the one season his goal total rocketed up he was shooting an abnormally high 18% something no NHL player maintains every season.

This wasn't the Rangers getting unlucky this was the Rangers not looking at the big picture. It's why Gaborik worked out. If you look at his career his entire career backs up him doing what he is doing. His only issue was injuries but he was always a beast of a goal scorer.

Bryz's season so far does not line up with his career. This is his 2nd highest GAA ever and the lowest save percentage he has ever had in the NHL and he showed no signs of decline last season. Bryz's career says he is not an average goalie though he is obviously playing like one this season.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

VERY steady / controlled period .. WELL done !

Old
02-12-2012, 08:12 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

BOB with two ugly point goals this game. Do not like.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Don't waste your time with Bernie, it'll only end up making your head hurt.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:21 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

The whole cap hit thing is retarded to worry about. Bryzgalov is an ABOVE average goalie as his career numbers, stanley cup (as a backup who did play tho and had a gaa under 1) and vezina nomination on a horrible team attest for. The cap is going to continue to rise. i dont know if anyone is noticing but hockey seems to be getting trendy and popular again like it was in the early 90's. We got the best guy for the job. he is the franchise guy we've been looking for and all these youngins we have are gonna team up with a couple complementary trades and win us a couple cups in the next 7 years. you read it here first. then i'm gonna print the "will bryz ever be worth his contract" thread, have him sign it, and mail all dooshbags a copy.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:22 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Then i will have myself committed.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

goal #2: he's gotta stay in the net, if he isn't 100% sure he'll stop the puck. bad goal.

goal#3: personally I wouldn't say it was his fault. But, applying the standard used on Bryz vs NYR {goals 3 and 4} those who said Bryz was at fault, must also fault Bob.

again, personally I wouldn't say it was his fault. [nor Bryz's on his 2]

what I don't like it the wrap-around that somehow didn't go in .... he needs to be in control more, plain and simple.

i also don't like the way he turns his body and tries to obstruct the Detroit forwards at the top of his crease .... one day, he's gonna be focusing on them and the puck is gonna go in. needs to broken of that habit. [come to the top of the crease, but stop looking @ the opponent {and not the puck}]

only 3-3, so there's NO reason he can't still bring home a win .. i have a good feeling about Bob tonight. he's not been hung out, to - which helps

Old
02-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Don't waste your time with Bernie, it'll only end up making your head hurt.
Yeah... I think I'm gonna have to agree with beef invictus on this.

Bernie's obviously a hardcore Bryz fanboy, there's no way to convince him that bryz is doing any wrong.

Tim Tebow -- I think the situation is kind of comparable, because Bryz is an AVERAGE goalie who was signed to an ELITE contract. He didn't have a great season like drury/gomez did but he's still not an elite goalie. You sign a guy like lundqvist for a decade with a full NMC, not a guy like bryz. Redden was just straight up stupidity, but drury/gomez were AVERAGE players signed to ELITE contracts. Drury got bought out, and didgomezscore.com says everything that needs to be said about that contract.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
there's no way to convince him that bryz is doing any wrong.
that's why i said he deserved to be benched for the WC. get some FACTS, then come back.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:05 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

BOB lost us that one. One of the few times we can say that this year.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:06 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
BOB lost us that one. One of the few times we can say that this year.
Are you ****ing kidding me? It's Bob's fault when a person is sitting in front of the him getting the goal with no d-men around to help at all?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:09 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me? It's Bob's fault when a person is sitting in front of the him getting the goal with no d-men around to help at all?
He had two horrible point shot goals.

Perhaps two of the worst of the season for him.

The D didn't help him out but he is a lot better than he played tonight.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

can't blame Bob for goal #4, but he looked either confused / surprised / awkward on it .... [kinda like the Bryz goal earlier in the year - i think vs CHI - just looked surprised there was a guy open far off to his right]

but, with 10 minutes left, he properly had the pads & paddle down on a similar bang-bang play.

overall, one bad goal. can't really expect much more vs DET.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
He had two horrible point shot goals.
can't agree with that.

goal #1: I wouldn't say it was his fault. very tough to see that one
goal #2: he's gotta stay in the net, if he isn't 100% sure he'll stop the puck. and if the puck goes completely behind the net, to the other side, he's gotta make that save and undo his mistake. bad goal.
goal #3: personally I wouldn't say it was his fault.

But, applying the standard used on Bryz vs NYR {goals 3 and 4}, those who said Bryz was at fault, must also fault Bob for goal #3.

in fairness to you, you ARE blaming both goalies equally - though I don't agree on Bob #1 & 3 tonight or Bryz #3 & 4 vs NYR

Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 02-13-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old
02-12-2012, 10:52 PM
toughfighter83*

like i said, it's evident that we shouldnt blame the goalies now because the defense like coburn, mez, carle are lously defenders, i wouldnt be surprised if all three go, maybe carle and coburn at the trade deadline and mez in the offseason, this defense needs to be restructured. these three players have to go, no excuses.

i think they will trade rights for weber or sutter like with bryz, get rid of mez or coburn and sign weber or sutter because nashville wont sign both of them.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:56 PM
flyersguy33*

Ok, I will attempt to pick apart this horrid post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
The whole cap hit thing is retarded to worry about.
How so? He is getting paid over 5 million dollars and is getting out performed/performing along the same lines of a goalie that is getting paid under a million dollars and is playing his second season in NA. There is absolutely no excuse for this to happen.
Quote:
Bryzgalov is an ABOVE average goalie as his career numbers, stanley cup (as a backup who did play tho and had a gaa under 1) and vezina nomination on a horrible team attest for.
Thats all well and good, but this year he is playing no where close to those career numbers. Career numbers mean jack ****.

Quote:
The cap is going to continue to rise. i dont know if anyone is noticing but hockey seems to be getting trendy and popular again like it was in the early 90's.
There is no proof that the cap is going to continue to rise. If its going to continue to rise, whats the point of having a cap? The smaller market teams will still be screwed.
Quote:
We got the best guy for the job. he is the franchise guy we've been looking for and all these youngins we have are gonna team up with a couple complementary trades and win us a couple cups in the next 7 years.
that pretty much sums up that part
Quote:
you read it here first. then i'm gonna print the "will bryz ever be worth his contract" thread, have him sign it, and mail all dooshbags a copy.
You should just worry about mailing yourself a copy from the looks of things

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:44 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

No sense peeling the onion too much ....we have enough layers peeled to cry over. Fact is we don't have bonafide number 1 goaltending with either Bryz or Bob at this point to compete with the upper echelon teams like Boston and the Rangers. One of them needs to freaking go on a stretch of insane goaltending b/c it's a very real possibility we are gonna be fighting for a playoff spot if we keep playing .500 type hockey. Looks like the prediction of being a 6 or 7 seed and maybe an 8 (hopefully no lower) is coming to fruition...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
No sense peeling the onion too much ....we have enough layers peeled to cry over. Fact is we don't have bonafide number 1 goaltending with either Bryz or Bob at this point to compete with the upper echelon teams like Boston and the Rangers. One of them needs to freaking go on a stretch of insane goaltending b/c it's a very real possibility we are gonna be fighting for a playoff spot if we keep playing .500 type hockey. Looks like the prediction of being a 6 or 7 seed and maybe an 8 (hopefully no lower) is coming to fruition...
i remember not that long ago when it was mentioned if we kept playing poorly and finding ways to lose or blow a lead that we might end up missing the POs in an epic second half collapse...

some here said it was impossible. yet here we are. staring it in the face.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
i remember not that long ago when it was mentioned if we kept playing poorly and finding ways to lose or blow a lead that we might end up missing the POs in an epic second half collapse...

They're still 3rd overall in the conference. I wish you would step back from that ledge, my friend.

Last edited by Damaged Goods: 02-12-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:53 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post

These two weekend epic fails have been the catalyst. Doesn't take much in a league with lots of parity ....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote