HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbonneau, Montreal's next Head Coach!

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2006, 06:01 PM
clvmcs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archijerej
Well, that's fine with me. I'm just tired of this succes propaganda, you know "Gainey knows what he's doing", "everything will be fine and dandy now", yadda, yadda, yadda. Same things were said when we signed Kovalev, I didn't believe we were contenders, many did, looks like I (and many others I presume) was right. So that tells me to maintain a healthy dose of pessimism. After all Carbo will be working with the same group of players, can he get something out of them Julien couldn't? If you don't have talent, pride and character then a coach won't change that, maybe for a short period of time. And his lack of experience (as a head coach) worries me. Maybe I'm wrong, I liked him as a player and I would love to have a team build of Carbonneau kind of guys. I wish him good luck (obviously) but I'm not going to jump on another bandwagon.
I'm with ya buddy !!
If you don't have the players, you won't win. I don't give a GD who's behind the bench.....coach's don't score, stop the pucks or make the right play...period

Old
01-14-2006, 07:50 PM
yvresgyros

I have been saying, since he retired as a player, that when - and only when - Carbo becomes head coach of the Habs, the cup will return on Ste-Catherine Street.
Last captain to win a cup with second last captain to win a cup.
The prophecy has reached its time.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Breenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler
Hartley was a rookie and won the cup, Hitchcok was a rookie and won the cup, I don't see a problem with Carbonneau. He is a former captain, a huge part of the Canadiens for 10 or 15 years and will be a great headcoach. Plus, Gainey said what hapenned is his fault and he will fix it before giving the reigns to Carbo.

Hartley was a head coach in the Q for 2 seasons and a head coach in the AHL for 5 befor starting with the NHL. Hitchcock was head coach in the WHL for 6 seasons and in the IHL for 3 before starting with Dallas. I would not call either of them rookies.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breenger
Hartley was a head coach in the Q for 2 seasons and a head coach in the AHL for 5 befor starting with the NHL. Hitchcock was head coach in the WHL for 6 seasons and in the IHL for 3 before starting with Dallas. I would not call either of them rookies.
But Carbonneau is doing it the right way. He was assistant coach for one season and will be for the remainder of the year. He'll be ready when it's time I believe.

Closed Thread