HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some people are living in dreamland !!

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2006, 11:15 AM
clvmcs

vCash: 500
Some people are living in dreamland !!

BG, or any one else who thinks Bonk & Bulis can pot 20-30 goals & can give us a good second line, is living in dreamland. I like Bulis and Bonk, but only as third liners.

Ps Last night was just one game, BG still needs to shop around. We all know that trades are needed or this team will sink.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:18 AM
All-Star

And some people are condescending as hell.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Montreal4Life

While I tend to agree w/ u concerning Bonk, I have hopes for Bulis. He seems to have waken up in the last few games. He does have 9 points(3 g, 6a) in his last 6 games. On top of that, its not by luck but by hard work and skill that he got those points. U can tell he has talent. Also, as it has been said a few times this week, he is our 2nd leading scorer during 5 on 5. Maybe if we use him more on the PP, he can do even better.
Go Bulis!!! Finally he's proving me right. I always said we should use him for his offensive talents. However earlier in the season, I was embarrassed for having high hopes in him. Now he's proving me right

Old
01-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by clvmcs
BG, or any one else who thinks Bonk & Bulis can pot 20-30 goals & can give us a good second line, is living in dreamland. I like Bulis and Bonk, but only as third liners.

Ps Last night was just one game, BG still needs to shop around. We all know that trades are needed or this team will sink.
Definately one of the worst posters here.

Is there a reason that this is a thread of it's own? Because it seems like a reply post more than anything.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Habsruleen

Quote:

Congrats on your 100th post. Have you ever written a positive one?

Old
01-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Montreal4Life

Hahahaha, yeah, I'm not to impressed by this guy's posts either(yep, this is only my 3rd post but I've been reading this board for a while now). I like the reactions from everybody else. Is it possible to shut down a thread??

Old
01-15-2006, 11:37 AM
BORAT

is this guy trying to piss us off on purpose ?

Old
01-15-2006, 11:41 AM
TornACL

Quote:
BG, or any one else who thinks Bonk & Bulis can pot 20-30 goals & can give us a good second line, is living in dreamland.
Bulis scored 8 goals so far playing 38 games. That's 0,27 goal per game. Spread on the remaining 40 games, that's about 11 additional goals. 11+8=19. You are right, it is absolutely impossible for Bulis to ever score 20 goals

Old
01-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Evil Ted

I think your wrong, They both have the potential to do it, Bulis has been very good as of late, seems to found some hands to go with his legs, and i hope if there is a deal to be struck he stays in montreal.

As far as Bonk goes hes done it before in Ottawa, I think a few times scoring more then 20 goals, I think his problem is confidence, when or if he gets it back i cant see why he wont center our second line when playing against a team who has 2 good scoring lines like sj

not that im defending the Bonk trade either, I think that it was a "clunker" if you will but hey we cant give up on what we got back in return for Garon not yet atleast.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

The whole hierarchy idea of "2nd" "3rd" even "4th" lines could be a bit meaningless with our current player personnel, IMO.

I would say that Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev is an ideal 1st line. Leave it alone, don't mess with it, even if they slump a little, even if it seems like some other line would benefit from having one of those guys airlifted down.

Then you have whatever assortment you want to make out of the other guys. Bonk and Bulis with Sundstrom or Zednik can be a "2nd"-ish offensive line or a "3rd"-ish shutdown line, Ribeiro with Zednik or Perezhogin or even Higgins, who knows, it could be a "2nd"-ish offensive line, or Ribeiro could even technically be on the "4th" line as he was last night, except with additional key PP duties that see him factor into the offense significantly.

It really doesn't matter. Like any dumb fan, I like the idea of getting consistent lines together. But I don't really care whether they're called "2nd" "3rd" or "4th". We have a 1st line, and we have the potential for three more lines which can contribute. Good enough. If Bonk or Bulis are getting the second most icetime amongst our group of forwards, that seems fair enough to me, and they don't have to score 20-30 goals or be called a "2nd" line to get that icetime.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien

I would say that Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev is an ideal 1st line. Leave it alone, don't mess with it, even if they slump a little, even if it seems like some other line would benefit from having one of those guys airlifted down.
I would just like to say that Kovalev is a RW, and I don't know why the hell he was playing on the left side last night. He looks totally unmotivated when he plays there. They only switched up on the PP to make use of the one-timer for Ryder. This line is not going to work if Kovalev is on the left side.

If Zednik is injured, its time to bring back Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev. Whatever you do, you cannot break up Koivu-Kovalev.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:

This guy's like LINDEN_FAN from the ESPN Habs board: purposely inflammatory.

Bonk dominated last night - by far one of his best games as a Hab. But it's only one game & the proof is in the long-term pudding.

Gainey brought one of the better hockey minds in the game to Montreal in Carbonneau. Demers has said that the Habs won the '93 Cup because of the strategy input from Carbonneau and others. Carbonneau reminds me of Jaques Lemaire: a very good player who has won (3 Cups); a very good student of the game; and has the ability to impart his knowledge of the game to others. And Carbonneau has lots to work with. The player wearing his old 21 sacored an incredible short-handed goal last night and could be the kind of player the Habs haven't had since Carbonneau left.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:01 PM
znk

He just drives by posts a thread...dosent have the spine to come back and answer his critics. He has no real arguments, and sounds realy immature. Just the kind of ppl who end up on ignore lists.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:03 PM
BLONG7

Quote:

I know you haven't been around for long, but this is getting old...

Old
01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
The whole hierarchy idea of "2nd" "3rd" even "4th" lines could be a bit meaningless with our current player personnel, IMO.

Then you have whatever assortment you want to make out of the other guys. Bonk and Bulis with Sundstrom or Zednik can be a "2nd"-ish offensive line or a "3rd"-ish shutdown line, Ribeiro with Zednik or Perezhogin or even Higgins, who knows, it could be a "2nd"-ish offensive line, or Ribeiro could even technically be on the "4th" line as he was last night, except with additional key PP duties that see him factor into the offense significantly.

It really doesn't matter. Like any dumb fan, I like the idea of getting consistent lines together. But I don't really care whether they're called "2nd" "3rd" or "4th". We have a 1st line, and we have the potential for three more lines which can contribute. Good enough. If Bonk or Bulis are getting the second most icetime amongst our group of forwards, that seems fair enough to me, and they don't have to score 20-30 goals or be called a "2nd" line to get that icetime.
Excellent post. Without the number of stars that a detroit, philly, ottawa has the Habs need to have 4 lines a jumping to compete.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:

Are you going to ever shutup? All you do is ***** and complain, the team loses you *****, the team wins you *****. You sound like a broken record. I do not think anyone has Bulis and Bonk marked as second line players but for now if they are able to get some chemistry together so be it.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Habeas Corpus

Seriuosly, can we get the IP for this guy and see if he was here under another username like: Plekanec, Puke, or somone else.

Old
01-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT
is this guy trying to piss us off on purpose ?
Yes, but on the upside that means you can arrange his hair however you like.

Closed Thread