HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Q regarding Center Ice

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2003, 07:54 PM
st_roland

vCash: 500
Q regarding Center Ice

Are there any Avalanche fans within 40 miles of frederick, MD with center ice who wouldn't mind having a guest over? I like the Caps, but their games have been brutal lately. I'd bring a sixer for the favor.

Old
11-10-2003, 09:41 AM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Ummmmm...

Why not just go to a bar? For what you spend in gas and that sixer, you could have a few beers at a bar, watch the game... and not feel kind of akward because you're sitting in the living room of some stranger that you met on the internet.

Old
11-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter
Why not just go to a bar? For what you spend in gas and that sixer, you could have a few beers at a bar, watch the game... and not feel kind of akward because you're sitting in the living room of some stranger that you met on the internet.

He's an Avalanche fan. How many Avs games would they show in a bar in Maryland? Unless I'm missing something obvious, probably none.

I do agree though, it is an odd request.

Old
11-10-2003, 11:26 AM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Any bar that has the audacity to proclaim themselves a "sports bar" and then doesn't have satellite (which shows all the games) is ridiculous. Go to a bar that has more than 5 TV's in the place and just request it. I live in San Diego and have 4 bars within walking distance that I can do that with. Before I got Center Ice, it was the only way I could see my Caps.

It's been about 12 years since I've lived in the DC area, but I don't remember Fredrick, MD being THAT far out in the boonies that they wouldn't have a Champions-type bar somewhere around.

Old
11-10-2003, 11:35 AM
st_roland

Yeah, I know its a bit strange, but I am a total Avalanche fanatic, and even moreso after seeing them play the hawks last night. I like the caps, but GOD 60% of their games are nigh unwatchable.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:46 AM
Kegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
Yeah, I know its a bit strange, but I am a total Avalanche fanatic, and even moreso after seeing them play the hawks last night. I like the caps, but GOD 60% of their games are nigh unwatchable.
Try the ESPN Zone in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. They usually carry any and all hockey games on any given night...

Closed Thread