HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Info 2011-2012 Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2012, 07:57 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 500
Senators Prospect Info 2011-2012 Part 4

Part 3: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1066287

Continue here.

Old
02-13-2012, 08:52 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Forsberg.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:03 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Forsberg.
If we draft him, can we call him "Foppa 2"?

Old
02-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
If we draft him, can we call him "Foppa 2"?

When we won't be drafting him we will still call him that.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Afro Thunder*

Time to get excited about Prince and Noesen, both very underrated prospects.

Prince: 14 games points streak (18 goals, 14 assists in that span) -Player of the month- Top 5 in OHL scoring now.

Noesen: Now leads his team in scoring and is top 15 in OHL scoring. Has very very good hands and is very underrated offense that is showing up now on the scoresheets.
Murray talked about him at the draft being in their top 15 lists and were amazed that he dropped to them at 19. Dorion was quoted on the radio that they believe that they have a top 3 potential forward and its looking like one now.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro thunder View Post
time to get excited about prince and noesen, both very underrated prospects.

Prince: 14 games points streak (18 goals, 14 assists in that span) -player of the month- top 5 in ohl scoring now.

Noesen: Now leads his team in scoring and is top 15 in ohl scoring. Has very very good hands and is very underrated offense that is showing up now on the scoresheets.
Murray talked about him at the draft being in their top 15 lists and were amazed that he dropped to them at 19. Dorion was quoted on the radio that they believe that they have a top 3 potential forward and its looking like one now.
16+14

Old
02-13-2012, 10:12 AM
starling

Any news from Puempel? How is his recovery going? Is he going to play at all this season?

Old
02-13-2012, 11:01 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
16+14
And Noesen was drafted 21st, not 19th

Old
02-13-2012, 11:18 AM
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Any news from Puempel? How is his recovery going? Is he going to play at all this season?
Haven't heard anything new, last I heard he's doing light skating but there's not timetable for his return yet. Too bad we won't get to see him when the Petes are in town this week.

Old
02-13-2012, 03:55 PM
30whales

I'm sorry that you guys drafted Ben Blood. He plays a ton of minutes which is good but he just makes stupid plays. I personally can't wait until he graduates from UND but who knows I could be regretting that.

Old
02-13-2012, 04:03 PM
starling

So your coach must be stupid if he rewards stupid plays with time on ice.

Old
02-13-2012, 04:05 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30whales View Post
I'm sorry that you guys drafted Ben Blood. He plays a ton of minutes which is good but he just makes stupid plays. I personally can't wait until he graduates from UND but who knows I could be regretting that.
I'm sorry to hear that, I was hoping he'd be a nice addition to Bingo next year and perhaps might have a future in the NHL someday as a bottom pairing D-men, but usually when a player doesn't have the smarts at his age, it doesn't work out. We'll see I guess...

Old
02-13-2012, 04:11 PM
30whales

Yeah well I am not a hockey genius or anything but he just bugs me for some reason. He is probably a lot better than I am making it sound and I think our coach Dave Hakstol is pretty smart. Earlier this year in a game against our rivals during the handshake after the series he punched one of their players and Hakstol stripped him of his 'A'

Old
02-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, I was hoping he'd be a nice addition to Bingo next year and perhaps might have a future in the NHL someday as a bottom pairing D-men, but usually when a player doesn't have the smarts at his age, it doesn't work out. We'll see I guess...
Keep in mind we've heard from other Sioux fans over the last year or more that Blood's been great. Also keeping in mind how much you have to take any opinion here with a grain of salt, good or bad.

Old
02-13-2012, 04:14 PM
starling

How does he compare to Derek Forbort? They are both big and seem to be playing similar games.

Old
02-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Keep in mind we've heard from other Sioux fans over the last year or more that Blood's been great. Also keeping in mind how much you have to take any opinion here with a grain of salt, good or bad.
Should also be noted that he was given a letter for a reason.

Old
02-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
How does he compare to Derek Forbort? They are both big and seem to be playing similar games.
No comparison, Forbort is head and shoulders above blood in pretty much all aspects of the game outside physicality.

Old
02-13-2012, 05:25 PM
starling

Apparently Blood led college hockey in +/- last year
How is this possible for shutdown D who constantly makes stupid plays I don't know :shrug:

Old
02-13-2012, 06:02 PM
jake1

I see a lot of UND games. Blood has been the best player on the team this year, and he's on the ice for half of every game for a reason. He's a beast physically, uses his reach and strength, and reads plays well. The poster is probably upset that he took a 5-minute CFB penalty, which was a killer for three reasons: 1) shorthanded for 5 minutes, 2) Blood is the top penalty killer and was unavailable, 3) Blood was out for the rest of the game. As to the specific penalty and other mistakes he may make, when you're on the ice for half the game, almost always against the other team's top players, you're not going to be perfect.

Blood and Forbort play completely different games, and while Forbort may be a more promising prospect in every way but physicality, Blood is a better player right now in every way, period. In addition, when you say someone's better in every way but physicality, I'd say the physical game is a big part of being a shutdown defenseman. My prediction: Blood will be a physical force right away in the AHL next year.

Old
02-13-2012, 06:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
I see a lot of UND games. Blood has been the best player on the team this year, and he's on the ice for half of every game for a reason. He's a beast physically, uses his reach and strength, and reads plays well. The poster is probably upset that he took a 5-minute CFB penalty, which was a killer for three reasons: 1) shorthanded for 5 minutes, 2) Blood is the top penalty killer and was unavailable, 3) Blood was out for the rest of the game. As to the specific penalty and other mistakes he may make, when you're on the ice for half the game, almost always against the other team's top players, you're not going to be perfect.

Blood and Forbort play completely different games, and while Forbort may be a more promising prospect in every way but physicality, Blood is a better player right now in every way, period. In addition, when you say someone's better in every way but physicality, I'd say the physical game is a big part of being a shutdown defenseman. My prediction: Blood will be a physical force right away in the AHL next year.
You just aroused me. I always loved Blood because he was a my fav dark horse pick of that draft year. He kept tracking him and was upset when he only finished with a single point in 31 games. He was on fire since.

He needs to work on his pivoting imo, I remember watching a frozen 4 game last year(I think) and he was very strong and you can immediately tell who Blood was on the ice but his pivots needed work, took him a while.

Old
02-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one. Some people have some ridiculous biases and/or can't build a constructive argument to save their life, that's all you gotta know.

Here's another opinion, which seems to be at least based on substance. So personally, those "constructed argumentations" are a lot more important to me than those 1 liners based on hatred and/or biases.

Concerning Blood, almost everything that I have read or saw from him was encouraging. He is IMO one of our best D-men prospects, and a better one than Gryba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post

Old
02-13-2012, 07:16 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Concerning Blood, almost everything that I have read or saw from him was encouraging. He is IMO one of our best D-men prospects, and a better one than Gryba.
Poor Gryba, we all thought he was going to be a NHL this year then Borowiecki got in the way, no possibly Blood ahead of him, not to mention Claesson and then Ceci

Then Suter.

Old
02-13-2012, 07:42 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

I have no idea what everyone on this board sees in Gryba. He still skates worse than Carkner. Unless it improves dramatically, I can't see him in the NHL.

Old
02-13-2012, 07:45 PM
H2O

Yeah, from what I've seen of Gryba, he's Carkner-esque.

Old
02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
I have no idea what everyone on this board sees in Gryba. He still skates worse than Carkner. Unless it improves dramatically, I can't see him in the NHL.
Exactly.

Closed Thread