HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Robak coming up

Old
02-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Boooooth10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Has he improved defensively? I remember the criticisms of his play was that he was soft. I'm hoping that's not the case.
He didn't really stand out at all at the prospect camp or the preseason imo. Didn't like how timid he looked around the net. I hope he's changed since then.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Hope he impresses a bit while up here!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
Jovo is close and Kuli should arrive in time for playoffs. To make a move or not? That is the question.
I would rather make a move on offense than on defense..

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARampage View Post
I know the AHL is a feeder team to you all. But by taking Robak you would actually be taking 2 players from us. With our Veteran status at max and 1 that has to sit, we would have to sit a veteran offensive player to have Vernace fill in for Robak being called up.
I would never suggest not doing this to help us out. Only whats best for Florida. Team is in New York now so would be easy move to play tomorrow for you.
Great win today. Look forward to the Rampage extending there streak tonight.
The panthers have done plenty to help out SA this season. All the minor moves they have made show that. It's unfortunate that the panthers have had a ton of injuries this season and that has had an obvious affect on the rampage.

Calling up robak may put the rampage in a major hole, but like I've said before. I'll sacrifice 10 losses in SA to get 2 points for the panthers. I'm sorry that our moves have hurt you guys. But I'm sorry. It comes with the job of being a farm team.

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Erick

Didn't really matter because the Rampage because Rochester and their annoying fanbase tonight.

Awesome hockey day!

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 09:40 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
I would rather make a move on offense than on defense..
We need a move on offense and defesne.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=616373

Read that, seems interesting.

Quote:
There is a large group of prospects behind them, and Tallon could possibly part with one or two to land an impact top-six forward (especially if that player has more years left on his contract). The more likely course of action for Tallon is to not yield anything substantial and look for a minor addition to help the offense.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:03 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
I don't really like this move. I would've preferred Yonkman.
Doesn Yonkman have to get through re-entry waivers to get back to the NHL? That could be why he isn't coming up.

PBPantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Didn't really matter because the Rampage because Rochester and their annoying fanbase tonight.

Awesome hockey day!
SA beat Rochester?? Awesome!!

02-11-2012, 10:56 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

The rampage fans that have posted here all get it. Theyre saying although it sucks Panthers need comes first.

Helluva better attitude than Rochester last year. I actually root for them every game.

And Santos cares about them so they will help...

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:36 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
The rampage fans that have posted here all get it. They're saying although it sucks Panthers need comes first.

Helluva better attitude than Rochester last year. I actually root for them every game.

And Santos cares about them so they will help...

ha-haw, you like us

And yeah, we definitely understand. And considering what we had to deal with last year with PHX calling up our kids just to sit them in the press box while we fought for our playoff lives, it is def easier to take (though obviously a bad situation considering injuries to Panther players). Also like you and others have noted considering Tallon has already helped us, I'm not too worried about the whole situation.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Nickel View Post
They did leave the Rampage shorthanded by calling up Robak instead of Yonkman. Not griping, I totally get it, but the rampage either play with 5 d tonight and tomorrow or sit one of Kearns/Thomas.
What I meant was that Santos won't hesitate to make a move for a need in San Antonio if he sees something wrong. Moves have been specifically made to upgrade the Rampage this year, and I'm sure that will continue.

Tallon/Santos have shown that they want to develop a winning culture, not only with the Panthers but in the A, as well. They want the players being called up to experience winning before they come up. They've stated the importance of this on multiple occasions.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:39 AM
CanadianPantherFan

Ya, some of the Rochester fans who used to post on here did not get the bigger picture/care about the Panthers organization. Be it that they did not care about the Florida market or wanted to be back with Buffalo.

I'm exicted to see how Robak plays! He and Petrovic were/are big forces in the WHL.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

I am looking forward to seeing Robak play although it is disappointing that it is because we are missing three regulars on D. Having an AHL allstar as what is effectively our number 9 defender is a pretty good situation to be in.

From what I have seen of the Rampage fans they seem to be a great set of fans who understand the situation and accept losing players when they are needed by the Panthers.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 08:28 AM
harv3317

i've been thinking since we've started having defensive injuries and i agree with the previous poster. i'd love to get gill here and i'm sure he's available. would love to get him at a good price. montador is another choice, but i prefer gill by far!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote