HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs remaining schedule in Feb

Old
02-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Sucks to be a realist and know they aren't making the playoffs. Shame on me.
I'm not sure you understand what the word realist means. You want them to lose every game, well that's not realistic. You think (want?) this team to get a top 3 pick, well anyone who has followed this team knows that's not realistic. The only way this team gets a top 3 pick is from the lottery.

You aren't a "realist", you are a pessimist. You are perfectly entitled to that opinion but don't sugarcoat it.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:49 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Ya ya. I should cheer for another team too. Look at the trend. I don't believe well go 6-2 and even if we do we can still be outside looking in. I want what's best for the team, if you perceive 9-10th place as good then sure, that's your opinion, I have my own. Odds are habs go 4-3-1 or maybe 3-4-1. Just to tease us.

I`m with you. As much as I love The Habs, its time to be real.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:43 AM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

vCash: 500
Predictions
MON, 13 FEB 2012 HURRICANES win
WED, 15 FEB 2012 BRUINS win
FRI, 17 FEB 2012 SABRES loss ot
SUN, 19 FEB 2012 DEVILS win
TUE, 21 FEB 2012 STARS win
FRI, 24 FEB 2012 CAPITALS loss
SUN, 26 FEB 2012 PANTHERS win
TUE, 28 FEB 2012 LIGHTNING win

6-1-1

I'm confident eh?

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:50 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I'm not sure you understand what the word realist means. You want them to lose every game, well that's not realistic. You think (want?) this team to get a top 3 pick, well anyone who has followed this team knows that's not realistic. The only way this team gets a top 3 pick is from the lottery.

You aren't a "realist", you are a pessimist. You are perfectly entitled to that opinion but don't sugarcoat it.
So let's go through this and review what I said in this thread:

Your take: Apparently I said they WILL lose every game.

Reality: I said I HOPE they lose every game. I later said I think they will go about .500 predicted 4-3-1 or 3-4-1.

Your take: I want them to get a top 3 pic and i'm being unrealistic in saying they can.

Reality: I never mentioned a number nor a pick in this thread. I'd love first overall since we're on topic, but I never said a number, you threw that out there. If you want me to throw out my opinion on it, I don't want the 10th-14th pick(assuming both conferences are equal and 14th is actually 9th in either conference). I'll live with 10th or lower pick, but being ranked 9th-10th(in conference not pick) is not the way to go.

Conclusion: you are a pessimist, not I. You made pessimistic assumptions about my opinion. I looked at a trend of our season and our past record with this team and realistically projected we will not make the playoffs. You took my 'hope' as 'projection' and assumed pessimism, because that is what you wanted to believe.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote