HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribiero

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2006, 12:41 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Ribiero

Bob wont trade Ribs unless he can get something of value in return. I believe that Ribs needs to play with players who can make and take a pass. He may do well, or at least better with different linemates. The Habs need 4 lines buzzing.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
i strongly believe he should man the POINT on the powerplay, this may sound stupid but he is too weak to be able to use his vision and passes anywhere else, but last night he played a little on the point and made some real nice passes and opened up the play, he moved off the point and tipped home his goal.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Medicine Twin

He needs to more aggressive, shoot more, skate more. He's a talented player. He just has to take control out there.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:47 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
i strongly believe he should man the POINT on the powerplay, this may sound stupid but he is too weak to be able to use his vision and passes anywhere else, but last night he played a little on the point and made some real nice passes and opened up the play, he moved off the point and tipped home his goal.
I tend to agree with you, but the only problem I see with Ribeiro on the point on the PP is that the guy has no shot! Well, if paired with Markov that could be good. it certainly worth a try.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
He can't shoot.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:35 PM
RC51

Pleks is much faster, Pleks is much better defensivly, Pleks in much much better taking faceoffs, Pleks can and does have offensive ability, Good passer also, the only thing Ribs has is better vision.

Both are smallish so in the best Habs world neither is 2 line centre material. Long term has a big very good 2nd centre for the Habs.
Pleks can move into almost any line RIbs CANT.

Gainey will move Ribs as soon as someone offers equal value and thats all she wrote.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:53 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51
Pleks is much faster, Pleks is much better defensivly, Pleks in much much better taking faceoffs, Pleks can and does have offensive ability, Good passer also, the only thing Ribs has is better vision.

Both are smallish so in the best Habs world neither is 2 line centre material. Long term has a big very good 2nd centre for the Habs.
Pleks can move into almost any line RIbs CANT.

Gainey will move Ribs as soon as someone offers equal value and thats all she wrote.
Pleks is quite strong on his skates. I wouldnt be surpised if he wasnt closer to Zednik's size. He is great defensively but the Habs also need a top flight talent infusion. Kariya, Pallfy would have been nice. A small player with speed and talent is great. A small player with cement hands is useless. Svatos gave a clinic the other night.

Old
01-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
yeah.. Plekanec is also hurt. so.

Old
01-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
yeah.. Plekanec is also hurt. so.
and with his size and style of play, it's going to happen very often.

Old
01-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Guy!

I believe that last night, Ribeiro was used very well. The fourth line and good PP time. That's the kind of role he's suited to in today's NHL. He struggled early with confidence, but I felt that, as the game wore on, he found his game a little more. Surrounding him with bangers who will create space is precisely what he needs to succeed, as far as I'm concerned. Sure, they can't put the puck in the net as efficiently as others, however with Ribs there, at least the line has the potential to make things happen.

His play started out very nervous, and I'm sure he felt all coaching eyes on him, especially with all the rumours out there - and you can pretty much cement that after his quote. But, with hard work (a rarity out of him), his game improved continually. After he scored his goal, you could actually physically see the confidence difference in his play and it was like a huge glowing thought bubble appeared above his head: "Yeah, I *can* do this." It was gratifying to see, and I hope he can continue to this end.

I still feel he needs to leave Montreal for everyone's benefit, but at least last night was a good start in a turning point for him. The effort and reward for that effort was very gratifying for me - a constant detractor to his game.

Old
01-15-2006, 03:53 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
I believe that last night, Ribeiro was used very well. The fourth line and good PP time. That's the kind of role he's suited to in today's NHL. He struggled early with confidence, but I felt that, as the game wore on, he found his game a little more. Surrounding him with bangers who will create space is precisely what he needs to succeed, as far as I'm concerned. Sure, they can't put the puck in the net as efficiently as others, however with Ribs there, at least the line has the potential to make things happen.

His play started out very nervous, and I'm sure he felt all coaching eyes on him, especially with all the rumours out there - and you can pretty much cement that after his quote. But, with hard work (a rarity out of him), his game improved continually. After he scored his goal, you could actually physically see the confidence difference in his play and it was like a huge glowing thought bubble appeared above his head: "Yeah, I *can* do this." It was gratifying to see, and I hope he can continue to this end.

I still feel he needs to leave Montreal for everyone's benefit, but at least last night was a good start in a turning point for him. The effort and reward for that effort was very gratifying for me - a constant detractor to his game.
Ribeiro is no 4th liner, he needs 15 minutes per game to be effective and to produce. I'm not against him playing with Bégin or Ferland but Mike needs a scorer with him, so maybe it would be wize to give him either Perezoghin or Kostystin as a winger, this way Mike could pass the puck to somebody who can score and Bégin would bring the energy on that line and make room for Ribs, exactly what Dagenais SHOULD have done. When Plekanec will be back I see him playing with Plekanek and Higgins, two good offensive guys and can play great defense so Ryder would be able to concentrate on offense.

Closed Thread