HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Feb. 13] Ian Schultz sent back to Hamilton

Old
02-13-2012, 07:28 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Happy to see White back with the club, he should be a great 3-4th liner for many years.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:32 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Boston is the toughest team in the league. But around the NHL, there is a ton on fighters that Schultz can dance with. The middleweights like Konopka, Carcillo, Prust, Martin, Borown are the new ''generation'' of fighters in the NHL and Schultz can fight them

And for the Bruins he can certainly beat Campbell, and try McQuaid
McQuaid would destroy Schultzy....but that's not the point. The point is that the Boston players would know they can't push us around because they will have to answer with their fists. I don't think the conclusion of the fight is really that important. Lucy just knowing he might have to fight and sit 5 in the box, can only be an advantage for the Habs.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 08:23 AM
theboss*

A little OT but we should go after Kyle Beach, he has had many fights with Lucic. He did alright tho

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 08:43 AM
InglewoodJack

Stoked to see Shultz. It would be so awesome to find a hidden gem in the Halak trade, like if he becomes a Gorges-type surprise.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 08:56 AM
HeShootsHeScores

It looks like the Bruins are in our heads.

It's sad.

We are better than this guys.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Help
Help Yourself

Call me a pacifist, but if you ask me the best way to play the Bruins is to not engage them. They're a middle school bully, if you don't react, they don't know what to do. Carolina's done well against the Bruins by doing exactly this, frustrate them, frustrate them and frustrate them some more, but NEVER, NEVER give them that outlet for their frustration. Let them get mad, let them implode.

But I must say, it's nice to have some toughness in the line up just in case the Bruins do cross that line and need a beating in addition to any lengthy suspension they might receive

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 08:59 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
Call me a pacifist, but if you ask me the best way to play the Bruins is to not engage them. They're a middle school bully, if you don't react, they don't know what to do. Carolina's done well against the Bruins by doing exactly this, frustrate them, frustrate them and frustrate them some more, but NEVER, NEVER give them that outlet for their frustration. Let them get mad, let them implode.

But I must say, it's nice to have some toughness in the line up just in case the Bruins do cross that line and need a beating in addition to any lengthy suspension they might receive
This is the reason.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:00 AM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 2229
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Something i got last week. Moen is out with a concussion. Not a shoulder problem. Renauld L. is wrong as usual.
And what about MAG. Also wrong?

http://twitter.com/#!/MAGodin/status/168482370415116288

HTTP 400 Bad Request is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:03 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
My friend believe who you want, i could care less. Seriously.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:08 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post

It's sad.

What?

What the hell are you talking about?

Old
02-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I don't disagree with that notion whatsoever. I agree with it even. I just dislike the expectations. "we're tough now". He's barely ready. Don't start thinking he arrived and Boston is in for a surprise. The guy will play his game and hopefully look like he can play in this league and eventually go back to AHL and finish year strong and make a case next season. That's the ideal.
I agree with you. I doubt he will be much of an impact at this point. All the habs want to see is if he has the raw skills to become an NHLer. He will be closer to Moen than he will be to Stu Grimson! Those who are expecting a young George or a Stu Grimson are in for a surprise.....

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Joe Cole

As much as I had initial hopes for Schultz, pre-season games made him look like he could not handle NHL game speed.

Let's hope he became a hell of a lot better hockey player in Hamilton this year.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Habs

Quote:

It's sad.

The Bruins are a good tough team, and have a cup to prove it. I'm not sure if you have ever played competitive sports, but looking down you bench and seeing toughness, means a lot to the average player.

Every successful Habs team has had 'toughness' so I'm not sure how you can knock this team for attempting to inject this missing factor into the lineup. Did you hat Nilan, Kordic, Corson, Ewen and other tough player that helped this team win?

We still don't have a heavyweight, but having scrappy 4th line players isn't going to hurt this team.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:13 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
What?

What the hell are you talking about?
I'm talking about the fact we are still worried to not match-up a team that we beat 80% of the time, just because our pride as fans doesn't rely on wins, but rather having tough guys to match them up physically. We are just like the bruins after all sometimes. "Moral victory": we like to laugh at them for saying this, and we're doing the same by having a party because of a call-up of a random tough guy.

So no matter if we win or lose, at least we will have a tough guy to answer lucic?

How about we beat them like we always do, and have pride at the fact we score more goals than them and win.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:13 AM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
The Bruins are a good tough team, and have a cup to prove it. I'm not sure if you have ever played competitive sports, but looking down you bench and seeing toughness, means a lot to the average player.

Every successful Habs team has had 'toughness' so I'm not sure how you can knock this team for attempting to inject this missing factor into the lineup. Did you hat Nilan, Kordic, Corson, Ewen and other tough player that helped this team win?

We still don't have a heavyweight, but having scrappy 4th line players isn't going to hurt this team.
Excellent post.

habdynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:14 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:

I'm not talking about the habs team decision to bring schultz up. I'm talking about the out of proportion enthusiasm toward this recall from the fans.

Bipolarism again.

And wth with these "I'm not sure if you have ever played competitive sports" comments? You're wayne gretzky or something?

Old
02-13-2012, 09:16 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

The problem is over 80% of the posters here were not even born when these players wreaked havoc on the NHL.

Old
02-13-2012, 09:30 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Schultz looked to have improved his skating a bit this season.
Yes he has improved his skating and mobility since his junior days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
Didn't read the whole thread. But Schultz, really ? Didn't look all that good in camp.
He's really stepped it up since he was put on a line with Dumont and Masse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
happy schultz has been called up but i don't get it...

by all accounts the guy isn't ready for the nhl yet and his fighting isn't enough to fight thornton. so.... what's the point?
With Scultz, he brings size and toughness, he will take the body and uses his large frame well and has shown a lot of improvement in his overall game. I don't think he's been called up to fight, although I'm sure he will if the situation calls for it.

I must admit I am surprised by the callup of Schultz, as Dumont has been hotter of late (they play on the same line) so I would have thought he'd be getting the call over Schultz but their entire line has been the Dogs best of late imo.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:42 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
The problem is over 80% of the posters here were not even born when these players wreaked havoc on the NHL.
This. 100% correct.

We used to have a 4th line of - S.Thornton-D.Tucker-C.Murray.

Fun stuff.

Compare that to Darche-Nokelainen-Weber. Oof.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

And don't forget guys, the other day, Michel Therrien said on l'antichambre, that sometimes, for young guys of thrid or fourth line, the transition between the AHL and NHL is easier because, no matter what, the team don't expect them to score goals. The team is expecting them to play hard, give the team some energy by hitting and play good D. Let's hope that's the case of Schultz!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:52 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
I'm talking about the fact we are still worried to not match-up a team that we beat 80% of the time, just because our pride as fans doesn't rely on wins, but rather having tough guys to match them up physically. We are just like the bruins after all sometimes. "Moral victory": we like to laugh at them for saying this, and we're doing the same by having a party because of a call-up of a random tough guy.

So no matter if we win or lose, at least we will have a tough guy to answer lucic?

How about we beat them like we always do, and have pride at the fact we score more goals than them and win.
Considering the wide gap in talent and standings, I'd say that this isn't a game we "shouldn't worry about". Sure historically, Montreal usually mops the deck with Boston, but in a terrible season, you're going to have to play the smart game, not the "heart" game. Don't beat them because "you always do", beat them by putting the best players on the ice. You're acting like by calling up White and Shultz we're gooning it up, but in reality, both are nearly non-factors, and in the best case scenario, they act as a little bit of extra muscle, in the worst case, they both play 7 minutes without doing much. Who are they taking ice-time away from?

Old
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
So tonight's gonna be White and Schultz' 4th game in 4 days.

They will sit most of the game.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
With Scultz, he brings size and toughness, he will take the body and uses his large frame well and has shown a lot of improvement in his overall game. I don't think he's been called up to fight, although I'm sure he will if the situation calls for it.
as usual, i'll take your word for it.

like i said: expecting the worse, hoping for the best

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
So tonight's gonna be White and Schultz' 4th game in 4 days.

They will sit most of the game.
Pretty sure that they're not gonna play tonight.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
And don't forget guys, the other day, Michel Therrien said on l'antichambre, that sometimes, for young guys of thrid or fourth line, the transition between the AHL and NHL is easier because, no matter what, the team don't expect them to score goals. The team is expecting them to play hard, give the team some energy by hitting and play good D. Let's hope that's the case of Schultz!
I hope so as well. That and I for one am tired of seeing a dman on the 4th line. At least with White and Schultz called up our 4th line will have two forwards known for physical play.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote