HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Purpose Alexander Radulov Thread v1.0 (UPD: Does not have to clear waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Read the article. Poile isn't counting on his return.
Poile says a lot of things, doesn't make them true

Old
02-13-2012, 07:46 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I almost wish Rads was dead. I am tired of all this speculation about him. Again, Poile can't bet on his return this year. Doing so could be a grave mistake. Not to mention I suspect the NHL would frown on a player coming in this late in the season...
little harsh there dude...

and the NHL would not frown on Radulov honoring his contract finally...

Old
02-13-2012, 08:22 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

the "OMG DON'T TALK ABOUT RADULOV!!" crowd cracks me up, because most of them are the same ones that are like, "hmmm, do you think we could get ray whitney from phoenix?!"

Radulov, if he came back, could very well be a top 5 or 10 sniper in the league. Love or hate him, he's exactly what we need. While there's been a lot of red herrings in the past, there has NEVER been this many indicators that a return is possible, if not likely.

I doubt it happens this season(although there are serveral incentives for both sides for it to happen this season,) but I'd be surprised if he's not back next.

Old
02-13-2012, 08:25 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I almost wish Rads was dead. I am tired of all this speculation about him. Again, Poile can't bet on his return this year. Doing so could be a grave mistake. Not to mention I suspect the NHL would frown on a player coming in this late in the season...
Peter Forsberg did it just a year ago. I don't see why the NHL would give a damn so long as his return is in compliance with the CBA (which is where this all becomes a tricky situation)

Quote:
Granted. Of course, just because he says it doesn't mean it's a lie, either.

Old
02-13-2012, 08:44 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
the "OMG DON'T TALK ABOUT RADULOV!!" crowd cracks me up, because most of them are the same ones that are like, "hmmm, do you think we could get ray whitney from phoenix?!"
I think alot of it is the fact that we've gone through this drama so many times.

Every month or so, a new tweet, or some article, or a wierd Youtube vid pops up that drives everyone bonkers about him coming back and then the next week we find out he's signed some extension, or the contract is this, or that, or whatever.

I think people are sick of the Rads Rollercoaster. I know I am.

I'd welcome him back - because lets face it, short of Hitler, Bin Laden, if you can score goals - I want you on the Preds.

Again though, until I see him on the ice in Bridgestone, I'm not buying anything when it comes to this guy.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:40 AM
lstcyr

But, if Radulov comes back, would we have to stop saying that Poile can't draft forwards?

Old
02-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Aside from the fact that it's annoying and we can never get any answers, Radulov really doesn't do anything negative for us. Either we continue to move on without him which is fine, he comes back to only us and we have a dynamic forward to add to the roster, or he agrees to come back and we trade him for (what would likely be) a good return. It is what it is.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:40 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
But, if Radulov comes back, would we have to stop saying that Poile can't draft forwards?
Depends on if you think 1 first line forward in 15 years in a good draft record. Not to mention, Poile played a (non) part in not squashing the Radulov situation to begin with.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

Radulov, if he came back, could very well be a top 5 or 10 sniper in the league. Love or hate him, he's exactly what we need. While there's been a lot of red herrings in the past, there has NEVER been this many indicators that a return is possible, if not likely.

I doubt it happens this season(although there are serveral incentives for both sides for it to happen this season,) but I'd be surprised if he's not back next.
I've never suggested whitney, but that's beside the point. I just fear Poile is going to thing rads is his ace and get burned by defectov. Whose to say IF rads comes back this year he won't ask for a ludicrous deal this summer? I just don't believe in Rads maturity nor professionalism

Old
02-13-2012, 12:35 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
I've never suggested whitney, but that's beside the point. I just fear Poile is going to thing rads is his ace and get burned by defectov. Whose to say IF rads comes back this year he won't ask for a ludicrous deal this summer? I just don't believe in Rads maturity nor professionalism
Once again, read the article. He never states he's counting on Rads to come back. This is your personal take on it. Read into what Poile says anyone you want but I'm going to go on what he's stated as opposed to what people read into it.

Old
02-13-2012, 12:46 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

He comes, he comes. he don't, he don't. I don't ****ing care no more. I want this team to get a big defenseman like now. I'm at a point where I'm looking at Craig Rivet in the ECHL and wondering if he'd like to play in the NHL again.

Old
02-13-2012, 12:52 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
He comes, he comes. he don't, he don't. I don't ****ing care no more. I want this team to get a big defenseman like now. I'm at a point where I'm looking at Craig Rivet in the ECHL and wondering if he'd like to play in the NHL again.
I agree with the big defenseman. Mean would be a plus too.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Good article. Pretty much confirms most theories we had. Now, back to the waiting game LOL

Old
02-13-2012, 01:29 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Excellent article. I couldn't read it until just now, but a masterfully written piece.

It sounds like the right environment. It sounds almost like it can't not happen. That's why I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:55 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I agree with the big defenseman. Mean would be a plus too.
They've missed this type since SOB was gone ....granted they had valid arguments that SOB wasn't the one but his type with defensive skills and toughness and crease clearing ability is needed

Old
02-13-2012, 03:48 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
seems like every trade deadline we need a top 6 forward and a big, physical veteran d-man. We rarely get either.

Old
02-13-2012, 03:53 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
The only offensive player Poile has ever drafted to play in the All Star game played as an alternate, and not in a Preds uni.

Old
02-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Poile does say a lot of things ... but he also does very little

Old
02-13-2012, 04:25 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
No because Hartnell, Erat, Spaling, Wilson, et al don't count ... either would Radulov in the eyes of Poile's detractors.

Last edited by 101st_fan: 02-13-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old
02-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
The only offensive player Poile has ever drafted to play in the All Star game played as an alternate, and not in a Preds uni.
I'm assuming you are not counting his Washington days?

Old
02-13-2012, 07:05 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
No because Hartnell, Erat, Spaling, Wilson, et al don't count ... either would Radulov in the eyes of Poile's detractors.
Are any of those guys bonafied first line top 3 talent? Hartnell comes close but the rest are 2/3 guys. Rads is the only true top line pure scorer he has drafted here. I don't know much about his DC days but those teams never went to a SC final either. I'm not even sure they made it to a conf final. Poile drafts good d and goalies. Forwards, we have had more misses than hits. Tired of 2 way forwards who can't put the biscuit in the basket on a consistent basis.

Old
02-13-2012, 07:21 PM
NewfiePred

Hard to get top line fowards when your not drafting in the top 10.. Better yet.. top 5

Old
02-13-2012, 07:34 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfiePred View Post
Hard to get top line fowards when your not drafting in the top 10.. Better yet.. top 5
More than half the current top 30 scorers were picked outside the top 10.

Old
02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfiePred View Post
Eberle, Benn, Giroux, Kopitar, Neal, Stasny, Carter, Brown, Parise, Getzlaf, Perry, Eriksson, Bergeron, Backes, Semin, Hemsky, Pominville, Sharp, Frolov, Williams, Havlat, Zetterberg, Tanguay, Gagne, Gomez, Cheechoo, Ribiero, Richards, Horcoff, and Pavel Dasyuk all wave hello.

That's about 1 per team. Odds are Poile should have gotten at least one by now, but nonetheless, Poile's defenders still cling to the argument that we don't draft high enough to get top-line offensive talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I'm assuming you are not counting his Washington days?
I think that's obvious by the mention of the Preds uni.

Old
02-13-2012, 07:59 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Those guys are at best 2nd liners. Wilson has potential to be 1st line material and Erat has always had the tools to be, but has never been consistent until the last year. And Spaling? Why did you list him? He will probably never even see 45 points

Radulov is the only true game changing forward Poile has drafted. While Wilson and Smith have potential to be, I dont see either reaching Rads status. And Rad is in that group with the Vaneks, Benns, Girouxs. No one else Poile has ever drafted is.

Closed Thread