HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12 goals in 16 games, who has more goals than Max Pacioretty in 2012 !?

Old
02-12-2012, 09:46 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

vCash: 500
He'll get to 30

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Pulls a Perry scores 50

YES HE CAN

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 135
Here is the list of those who have 10+ goals this year

Malkin: 17 goals
Perry: 12 goals
Pacioretty: 12 goals
Stamkos: 11 goals
Kovalchuk: 10 goals

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:56 AM
Failing Hands

Ton of credit to Pacioretty for not only coming back after the injury, but to perform at the level he's playing...just unbelievable.

I give a lot of credit to Cole at the same time though. I really think Cole has acted as a mentor for Pacioretty off the ice. Cole has done wonders on the ice, but I think it's his off ice presence really helped Pacioretty recover and return to form. Cole said prior to the season that he would help Pacioretty recover and show him the ropes as to how to train to get back into game shape (since Cole himself had gone through a significant injury earlier in his career). So honestly, kudos to Cole. Can't give that guy enough praise for what he's done for us this year after a slow start.

That whole line really...DD, Pacioretty, Cole. Unbelievable what they've accomplished this year.

Failing Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:14 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post

If he managed to stay in the top 5 for goals this year that would be an amazing accomplishment. Let's go Max!

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post

Pretty impressive list he's part of

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Lafleurs Guy

12 in 16 is great. He's quickly turning into a legit sniper and that's great news. As for him not being aggressive enough or being a true power forward... I actually think that's a good thing. Power forwards have a tendency to get banged up and the mileage can take it's toll. Besides Max isn't a pushover and he goes to the net.

Great thing about him is the number of shots. If you shoot often enough, you're probably going to score. Him, PK, Price... great to have a trio like that coming up.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:00 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
12 in 16 is great. He's quickly turning into a legit sniper and that's great news. As for him not being aggressive enough or being a true power forward... I actually think that's a good thing. Power forwards have a tendency to get banged up and the mileage can take it's toll. Besides Max isn't a pushover and he goes to the net.

Great thing about him is the number of shots. If you shoot often enough, you're probably going to score. Him, PK, Price... great to have a trio like that coming up.
Totally agree. Max will have a longer career playiing the way he is playing now. He do not use his size to bang other players but he do use it to separate players from the puck.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:19 PM
BlackStar

And he's doing all this in His first full season in the league with an average second-line center(though DD will improve) who is also playing in his first full season in the league. On top of that, his career was nearly over nearly just a year ago. Ridiculous.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:56 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Seems he's only getting better as the season goes on. I think he'll have a Stamkos effect, where Stamkos' first season, he got hot at the end of the season to finish with a respectable 25 goals, and kept his hotstreak on through the next season when he got 51. Not saying Patches will hit 50, but if he finishes the year with 35, I can see him carrying that into the next season and hitting 40 or something.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failing Hands View Post
Ton of credit to Pacioretty for not only coming back after the injury, but to perform at the level he's playing...just unbelievable.

I give a lot of credit to Cole at the same time though. I really think Cole has acted as a mentor for Pacioretty off the ice. Cole has done wonders on the ice, but I think it's his off ice presence really helped Pacioretty recover and return to form. Cole said prior to the season that he would help Pacioretty recover and show him the ropes as to how to train to get back into game shape (since Cole himself had gone through a significant injury earlier in his career). So honestly, kudos to Cole. Can't give that guy enough praise for what he's done for us this year after a slow start.

That whole line really...DD, Pacioretty, Cole. Unbelievable what they've accomplished this year.
Cole has been golden this year, Leblanc mentioned him too when asked who helped him the most.

Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote