HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2012, 05:53 PM
30whales

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I don't think Kristo will be back. There was an interview with him once (I think it was on the Sioux videos site) and he said that he's giving turning pro serious thought after the season.

I think Mac is doing well offensively and getting top 6 minutes for a rookie. What do you think of him so far?
He has shown some flashes of great offense. I don't think he has got on the score sheet a whole lot but I do think he has been one of our better freshman this year.

Old
02-12-2012, 12:13 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Watched Michigan last night, Bennett and Pateryn both played well in a tight game that had a playoff feel to it. Although on one play late in the 3rd, Bennett almost lost game on a brutal turnover right in front of his goalie, then on the same shift almost won the game as he got the puck and had a bit of an open net but appeared to have shot it just wide. Michigan went on to win in OT.

Bennett also just missed scoring a highlight reel goal. He rushed the puck up ice with good speed, deked a Michigan St forward out of his jock, as he was going so fast he just easily sidestepped him and put a tape to tape pass to his teammate, goes hard to the net and his teammate hits him with a pass but he directed it just wide. Too bad he didn't score cause it would have been a beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30whales View Post
He has shown some flashes of great offense. I don't think he has got on the score sheet a whole lot but I do think he has been one of our better freshman this year.
after Mattson, i'd say MacMillan has easily been the 2nd best freshman on the team, just needs to be more consistent offensively.

Quote:
Disappointing. It would be really nice if Kristo came back next year but I do believe you are right on him. Next year is going to fun to watch MacMillan more than likely on the same line as his brother!
I would assume Kristo turns pro but I haven't heard what his plans are as I thought he would have turned pro last summer.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:32 PM
katatoniak

Tinordi +1 so far

Old
02-12-2012, 04:34 PM
goldglove

Michael Bournival with 1 goal and 1 assist so far (4-0 @ Chicoutimi after 2). I hope that this is the year for people in shawinigan who have been waiting for 40+ yrs.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Beaulieu 38 points in 41 games compared to his first two identical seasons of 45 points in 65 games

On pace for a career year so thats nice, progression at least

Old
02-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
That is very positive about Beaulieu. Thing about him is that he has such natural skill. With years of pro seasoning this kid could be a future 60 point defenseman.

Old
02-12-2012, 06:25 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
That is very positive about Beaulieu. Thing about him is that he has such natural skill. With years of pro seasoning this kid could be a future 60 point defenseman.
That's pushing it. There were only two 60+ point defencemen last season and I think only Karlsson is on pace to get 60 this season, and a handful of others have a slight chance.

Between 40-50 points is a little more realistic if all goes well for Beaulieu.

Old
02-12-2012, 06:46 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

^^^ You guys are crazy with your predictions

Old
02-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
^^^ You guys are crazy with your predictions
What's wrong with 40-50 that seems very reasonable. Especially since he's offensive defenseman. If a pp qb can't put up over 35 points that's pretty bad.

Old
02-12-2012, 06:59 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Too early. 2 seasons too early.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
What's wrong with 40-50 that seems very reasonable. Especially since he's offensive defenseman. If a pp qb can't put up over 35 points that's pretty bad.
Well, considering only 34 Defenseman put up more than 35 points last year... I wouldn't consider 40-50 a walk in the park. (only 23 d-men put up more than 40)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...e=summary&pg=2

Old
02-12-2012, 09:58 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Well, considering only 34 Defenseman put up more than 35 points last year... I wouldn't consider 40-50 a walk in the park. (only 23 d-men put up more than 40)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...e=summary&pg=2
Note, I said "if all goes well". He's on the right path so far.

40 is a pretty reasonable number. 23 defencemen is quite a bit. Subban was just under, he was a rookie. Edler was hurt, he's another one that would have hit 40. Phaneuf, Campbell, Green were under 40 yet are pretty much shoe-ins on a regular year. So we are talking almost 30 defencemen, an average of one per team. It's not that crazy.

Old
02-12-2012, 11:01 PM
S Bah

With the glut of defencemen this year that have been lost to injuries,trying to predict which one will be the best could make some GM's look like geniuses and others like fools. Looking at the job Gauthier and Timmins have done lately maybe they should try and pick the best again this year,unless of course they win the lottery and draft in the top three.In that case the Habs can speed up their chase for the playoffs and Stanley Cup glory by drafting a true gem.Not a diamond in the rough that loses it's value when cut due to the flaws they didn't notice.By the way I think the defencemen that will be the best are Dumba,Rinehart and Ceci given 3-4 years to develop properly.A dark horse for best is Jordan Schmaltz maybe the Habs can get him with a 2nd round pick.If not maybe they can get Cristoval Nieves or Andreas Athanasiou with a 2nd round pick they both could be outstanding players when all is said and done.Grigorenko is still the player I think could lead the the Habs to the promised land of Stanley in the Bell Center.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:09 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

If I remember I'll post a reminder on Saturday but to those that get leafs tv channel, they are showing the Michigan game on Saturday at 5 pm (Habs are off). Too bad Cichy isn't allowed to play this year as they are also showing his team play as well.

Also to fans in the states, the NHL Network on Saturday at 11 am EST is showing a replay of the Sea Dogs/Remparts game from Friday night, so a chance to see Beaulieu in action.

Going to be an insane amount of hockey on Friday/Saturday, as NBC sports is showing Dartmouth (though Walsh is injured), both North Dakota and Michigan games are on tv and one Denver game as well.

I found this link to college hockey games on tv in canada,

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles...ns-rise-canada

Old
02-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
If I remember I'll post a reminder on Saturday but to those that get leafs tv channel, they are showing the Michigan game on Saturday at 5 pm (Habs are off). Too bad Cichy isn't allowed to play this year as they are also showing his team play as well.

Also to fans in the states, the NHL Network on Saturday at 11 am EST is showing a replay of the Sea Dogs/Remparts game from Friday night, so a chance to see Beaulieu in action.

Going to be an insane amount of hockey on Friday/Saturday, as NBC sports is showing Dartmouth (though Walsh is injured), both North Dakota and Michigan games are on tv and one Denver game as well.

I found this link to college hockey games on tv in canada,

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles...ns-rise-canada
With the injuries he got, not too far fetched to think that Dustin Walsh will play his 4 years in the NCAA before we take a decision. And that's fine.

Question for you. Is Cichy allowed at least to practice with the team? Do anybody know how he is doing, any article about what he's doing, does he at least gain some strength and all?

Old
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Question for you. Is Cichy allowed at least to practice with the team? Do anybody know how he is doing, any article about what he's doing, does he at least gain some strength and all?
Yes I believe he can work out with the team and he's taking classes, just can't play in any games.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Notice I said "could" reach 60 points. The guy has some of the best skating, hands and offensive zone awareness I have seen in awhile. His play is very fluid. Also, with improved defense also comes improves offense. If Beaulieu is able to stop plays and create a counterattack, that improves ones point totals. Again, this is all theoretical and obviously I appear biased as I am a habs fan.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:44 PM
30whales

Quote:
Yes I believe he can work out with the team and he's taking classes, just can't play in any games.
I really wish Cichy would have stayed at UND. I believe that he would have got plenty of playing time this year (kind of obvious due to all the injuries we have had). I was really excited to see him develop here and thought he deserved more playing time than he did last year.

Old
02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
I really wish Cichy would have stayed at UND. I believe that he would have got plenty of playing time this year (kind of obvious due to all the injuries we have had). I was really excited to see him develop here and thought he deserved more playing time than he did last year.
yea it was too bad that he left, as he would have gotten a lot more ice this year but Western Michigan seems to have turned things around now that Andy Murray is behind the bench.

Old
02-13-2012, 03:12 PM
30whales

Quote:
yea it was too bad that he left, as he would have gotten a lot more ice this year but Western Michigan seems to have turned things around now that Andy Murray is behind the bench.
Yeah it should be fun to see WMU in the NCHC in a couple years.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:50 AM
S Bah

Montreal needs serious help on the offence along with some bruising defencemen like Jack Johnson(LA)with experience.Giving up on the ghost that is Markov and bring on the real team one that has players that show up to play and don't expect five or six players to continually carry the team.Serious muscle to match the talent on the backend is a start.Then go after the best available 20 year old players undrafted of which there are many.Give all of these players tryout contracts at the end of this season,then they realize their will be contracts for the ones that earn them.Make every camp a dog eat dog no holds pulled for those precious few openings there are.Add to that the players drafted this year and last to compete against one another.Leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of players with offensive or two way play that has the desire to be a Hab. The habs need the whole team from President,GM,Coach and everyone involved with the team to put in %100 all year round to be successful.This isn't rocket science it's hockey put the best minds together with players that want to win and go out and do it!

Old
02-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Ginu

For the scouts...

I wanted to talk to the scouts that frequent these boards about the depth of our prospect pool. The more this season goes on, the more our team is relying on youth. This year, for all of its up and downs, is a great learning experience for our young players and we have an opportunity to really stack up on young talent with a number of expiring contracts this year.

If we look at our prospect pool under 25, I see:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Leblanc - Eller - Kristo
MacMillan - Bournival - Palushaj
Schultz - White - Blunden

Emelin - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Bennett - Weber

Price
x

What's our biggest organizational need? Who are the players that we should be targeting at the draft? Who's realistic? Who may be flying under the radar?

We have a lot of prospects but where do they measure up? We have Berger, Archambault, Fortier, Pribyl, Avtsin, Holland, Berger, Trunev, Dietz, Ellis and Stejskal. What is their potential?

I think with our transition this year to youth, a lot of fans, who would otherwise not pay much attention to the draft, may take a lot more interest this year.

Let's start a discussion on the draft. A lot of you have some great insight into prospects and it would be great to hear it.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:50 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Not to go off topic but Desharnais, Blunden and Emelin aren't under 25.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Not to go off topic but Desharnais, Blunden and Emelin aren't under 25.
they ARE 25. it's splitting hairs.

I for one would love to read what the scouts have to say on this

Old
02-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I would have Quailer and maybe Walsh potetially ahead of MacMillan and Palushaj on the wings.

I think the biggest need right now is explosive offensive players. For years people complained aboiut size but we have a pile of bigger wingers Cole Bourque Pacioretty Quailer Walsh LeBlanc. We would need a Jaden Schwartz or Jordan Eberle type.

Closed Thread