Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrew Bodnarchuk recalled

Old
02-13-2012, 12:45 PM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

vCash: 500
Is Chara hurt? I keep reading a few people making reference to this? Am I missing something?

774EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:47 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post
Can't put all our cards in a 35 year old defender and a 19 year old kid to take his place. Many great prospects never pan out, and many surprises happen. Karsums was supposed to be better than Marchand.

Check this out

Sounds like Dougie doesn't it? That's Matt Lashoff.
Matt lashoff was never on a Ray Bourque like pace in his last ohl season nor was he going to top out around 6'5"- 6' 6" when he finished growing and still be a hell of a skater

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

According to projo blog, Kampfer tweaked his knee a little during Sunday's game. Perhaps he needs to rest it for a few days, so Bodnarchuk may have been choice #2...very likeable player, best of luck to him.

Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:52 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 30.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Matt lashoff was never on a Ray Bourque like pace in his last ohl season nor was he going to top out around 6'5"- 6' 6" when he finished growing and still be a hell of a skater
Doesn't mean Dougie still can't bust though.

Quote:
Lashoff has the blend of skating, size and technical skill to be an outstanding two-way, puck-moving defenseman. He has been a power play threat at the lower levels of hockey and is a confident and smooth skating playmaker. He’s at his best when he has the puck, sees the ice well and is solid on both the power play and penalty kill. Lashoff plays an aggresive style that sometimes crosses the line into undisciplined. His decision-making and awareness without the puck are sometimes suspect, particularly in the defensive game. He has the skill level and desire to be a top four NHL defender that contributes to the offensive attack but has not yet put it all together.
From our very own website here...sounds like an amazing prospect, never panned out.

I don't think I'm breaking any ground here that some prospects just don't work out...to peg Dougie, as great as he is and as big of a fan I am, as a top pairing sure thing defender is anything but a guarantee.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:56 PM
BrainOfJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
I'm pretty sure Hamilton isn't afraid of physical contact like Lashoff was.

In Lashoff's last season in the OHL, he had 47 points in 56 games. Hamilton already has more points then that in 35 games.

Here's another stat... in Ray Bourque's best statistical season in juniors, he scored at a 1.47 PPG pace. Dougie Hamilton is currently scoring at a 1.48 PPG pace.
Lashoff's was always racking up the PIMs...I never saw him in Providence personally, but with the Rangers he was a physical force...sometimes too much.

I'd hope we aren't pinning Dougie as the next Ray Bourque, cause that's even worse than guaranteeing him as a top pairing guy..

Old
02-13-2012, 01:02 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Lashoff's was always racking up the PIMs...I never saw him in Providence personally, but with the Rangers he was a physical force...sometimes too much.

I'd hope we aren't pinning Dougie as the next Ray Bourque, cause that's even worse than guaranteeing him as a top pairing guy..
I hope you're not browbeating everyone here for believing in a prospect. It's not our call whether to go get another #1 d-man, anyway.

Top pairing is so subjective that it's meaningless, because Boychuk's on our top pairing now. And there's a whole lot of space between what people thought Lashoff was capable of and what people think Dougie's capable of. Also a whole lot of space between being a great d-man and Ray Bourque.

Do the Bruins have to draft d-men better? Yes, of course. Everyone knows that.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

Lashoff biggest problems were between his ears, worrying about getting hurt, or if he was going to miss band practice because he got hurt. Fun fact: he's released as many albums as he has goals in the nhl.

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
So will Dougie Hamilton be ready for the Bruins next season ?
Depends on what you want.

He's probably ready to be an error prone middle to bottom pairing kid with a lot of learning to do but with a great skillset, huge upside and capable of amazing individual plays a la Seguin last year.

He's probably not ready to be a true consistent top pairing guy on a Cup contending team and bona fide instant Chara partner. That's gonna take half a decade IMHO. Hopefully Seidenberg can fill that role until the kid is ready.

Considering the saintlike patience of Bruins fans when it comes to mistakes at the blueline? Hamilton probably should stay in the minors. JMHO.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:28 PM
TheBigBadB

Maybe Kampfer got hurt in yesterdays game?

TheBigBadB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Wooshy
WE GOT THE CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 774EVER View Post
Is Chara hurt? I keep reading a few people making reference to this? Am I missing something?
I was at the game Saturday and Chara was slashed late in the 3rd period. He had his glove off as he went to the bench and he took a few shifts, went back to the bench, and the trainer was taping something on his right hand but I couldn't see what - looked like his thumb area. Not sure of the extent of the injury obviously. He did finish the game and played in OT so not sure if the injury would be enough to keep him out of tomorrow's game.

Wooshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:27 PM
BrainOfJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
I hope you're not browbeating everyone here for believing in a prospect. It's not our call whether to go get another #1 d-man, anyway.
No not at all, I believe in dougie for sure...but I wouldn't peg him as a top pairing Chara replacement yet that's all...A lot of pressure and expectation to put into a 19 year old that's proven nothing...or if you build a defense around the thought dougie will be a sure thing number 1 and it doesn't work..then that's a problem. Thank god that's not a decision any of us here make, myself surely included.

Quote:
Top pairing is so subjective that it's meaningless, because Boychuk's on our top pairing now. And there's a whole lot of space between what people thought Lashoff was capable of and what people think Dougie's capable of. Also a whole lot of space between being a great d-man and Ray Bourque.

Do the Bruins have to draft d-men better? Yes, of course. Everyone knows that.
yes, but I wouldn't call Boychuk a top pair defender..more just he mixes well and compliments Chara, who is an exception to the average rule(possibly being one of the best shutdown defenders of all time)

at some point we won't have Chara..or at least this Chara. We gotta get to drafting some defenders for sure.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

I think Matt Lashoff's biggest problem was that he was always Living on Heart

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:56 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Doesn't mean Dougie still can't bust though.

From our very own website here...sounds like an amazing prospect, never panned out.

I don't think I'm breaking any ground here that some prospects just don't work out...to peg Dougie, as great as he is and as big of a fan I am, as a top pairing sure thing defender is anything but a guarantee.
Is that scouting report from 2005 or 2012? Because it sounds pretty accurate either way.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
So will Dougie Hamilton be ready for the Bruins next season ?
Only his pediatrician knows for sure.

Seriously, at this point in time nobody knows. Much depends on his growth and development over the coming months. Rookie camp will probably be the first real measuring stick.

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 04:08 PM
roaddogg02316

They brought Bodnarchuk up over Kampfer because I heard Kampfer tweaked his leg in the Providence game yesterday.

roaddogg02316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Depends on what you want.

He's probably ready to be an error prone middle to bottom pairing kid with a lot of learning to do but with a great skillset, huge upside and capable of amazing individual plays a la Seguin last year.

He's probably not ready to be a true consistent top pairing guy on a Cup contending team and bona fide instant Chara partner. That's gonna take half a decade IMHO. Hopefully Seidenberg can fill that role until the kid is ready.

Considering the saintlike patience of Bruins fans when it comes to mistakes at the blueline? Hamilton probably should stay in the minors. JMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Only his pediatrician knows for sure.

Seriously, at this point in time nobody knows. Much depends on his growth and development over the coming months. Rookie camp will probably be the first real measuring stick.
Thanks. I agree to let him take his time to develop rather than rush and make a mistake in moving up the B's too quick..

02-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooshy View Post
I was at the game Saturday and Chara was slashed late in the 3rd period. He had his glove off as he went to the bench and he took a few shifts, went back to the bench, and the trainer was taping something on his right hand but I couldn't see what - looked like his thumb area. Not sure of the extent of the injury obviously. He did finish the game and played in OT so not sure if the injury would be enough to keep him out of tomorrow's game.
The tip of his thumb was taped so I thought maybe his nail got pushed back but the second time they were icing his whole thumb and then spraying something on the base of his thumb.

Everytime he came off the ice he was taking off the glove and having his thumb area iced or sprayed. He looked like he was in pain.

Hopefully he is OK now. I haven't heard any news so maybe no news is good news ???

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
According to projo blog, Kampfer tweaked his knee a little during Sunday's game. Perhaps he needs to rest it for a few days, so Bodnarchuk may have been choice #2...very likeable player, best of luck to him.

Glad to see Bodnarchuk get the call for the extended road trip.

Alan Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:37 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Wow I thought this was an interesting move until I saw Kampfer hurt his leg. It's still a little interesting why we picked Bodnardchuk over Bartkowski, but I like the move. Part of me hopes we can see this kid play in a game or 2, but not at the expense of the health of any of the top 6.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:38 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Excuse me for not reading the entire thread... Bodnarchuk is a PMD type smaller defenseman, correct? How is he defensively? I don't recall being wow'd by him in his last call up, but maybe I've forgotten.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

@NHLBruins
Boston Bruins
B's recall Providence's leading goal scorer this year/Rockland, MA native Josh Hennessy bbru.in/jhennessy021312 ^BB

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Wooshy
WE GOT THE CUP!

Quote:
The tip of his thumb was taped so I thought maybe his nail got pushed back but the second time they were icing his whole thumb and then spraying something on the base of his thumb.

Everytime he came off the ice he was taking off the glove and having his thumb area iced or sprayed. He looked like he was in pain.

Hopefully he is OK now. I haven't heard any news so maybe no news is good news ???
Hopefully that was the extent of it. Plus, he's got 9 more, right?

Wooshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooshy View Post
Hopefully that was the extent of it. Plus, he's got 9 more, right?
9 more thumbs? I mean, Chara is a freak of nature but I don't think it goes that far.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBruin View Post
I'm aware of that. But think what this D would look like if we had also done another no-brainer (IMO) pick like MDZ instead of Joe Colborne.
ARGH!

Don't get me started on that! I was screaming for them to take MDZ on draft day (born and raised in Oshawa so I saw Lindros, then Savard, then Horton, then Tavares and Del Zotto) and knew he would be perfect for the PMD hole our franchise constantly has.

Instead we trade the player we drafted instead for the same hole on deadline day.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
ARGH!

Don't get me started on that! I was screaming for them to take MDZ on draft day (born and raised in Oshawa so I saw Lindros, then Savard, then Horton, then Tavares and Del Zotto) and knew he would be perfect for the PMD hole our franchise constantly has.

Instead we trade the player we drafted instead for the same hole on deadline day.
And won the Stanley Cup.

I'll take it.

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote