HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Sign you have some awesome teammates

Old
02-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Skraut

vCash: 500
Sign you have some awesome teammates

2 weeks ago I missed our beer league game as I was with my wife in the hospital for the birth of our son.

Last night as we're getting dressed for our next game, they handed me a present. They all chipped in and bought him his first set of skates.

What is pretty crazy is that we haven't even bought him his first set of shoes yet, so his first set of footwear is his skates, even if it will be quite a while before they fit.

Anyway, here's to awesome teammates. Share any other cool stories you may have.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Ozz

That's great!

I've got nothing that cool, but here's something: our team is called the Ice Holes and I happened across a set of "Ice Hole" shot glasses so I bought them to hand out to the team as a novelty. I'd never heard of it but apparently there is/was some line of liquor named Ice Hole.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:32 PM
ryangib

your lucky to have a team like that. stick with them, win or lose. good guys to be around.

ryangib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Aftcomet*

What a great bunch of guys. That's what hockey is all about. Some people forget that the first goal of hockey is having fun.

Aftcomet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
That's great!

I've got nothing that cool, but here's something: our team is called the Ice Holes and I happened across a set of "Ice Hole" shot glasses so I bought them to hand out to the team as a novelty. I'd never heard of it but apparently there is/was some line of liquor named Ice Hole.
My team last year was called that

Awesome pics dude and awesome that those are his first set of real footwear. I was going to say you might be able to find him some smaller ones by the way they looked in the picture but then I noticed the puck was as big as his face

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
jNel91

I lost my only 2 sticks last week. (crappy wood RBK & Warrior Esquire) I wasn't really going to be able to afford another one for at least a few weeks. Last night, one of my teammates gifted me a slightly used TotalOneLE! I'm so pumped, I can't believe how nice these guys I play hockey with are, they're like a family. I will try to pay it forward somehow.

BTW that baby looks so darn cute with those big skates on his little feet! haha I bet you cant wait until he grows into them. Congratulations!

Last edited by jNel91: 02-15-2012 at 12:18 PM.
jNel91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangib View Post
your lucky to have a team like that. stick with them, win or lose. good guys to be around.
Yeah It's a great group to be a part of. We all started together 2 years ago at an adult "learn to play hockey" camp. They made us a team, and it was an awesome bonding experience going through it all together.

Being the new team playing against teams that were formed the same way in years previous we've done a whole lot of losing together. We knew it was coming, as all the previous teams warned us about it, and we've been able to handle it well. At the start of our first full season we considered it a "victory" to lose by less than 10 goals. By the end of the season, a "win" was losing by less than 5.

We've managed a few wins this season, and I think the lighthearted attitude we maintained last season, helped really bring the team closer, and enjoy this season even more.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:19 PM
AIREAYE

Excellent team spirit, you're very fortunate indeed!

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Ozz

That's what it's all about! Much better to win some/lose some or flat out lose 'em all with your preferred group of friends instead of winning over everyone but play with a buncha jerks.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
nullterm

Great stories! Especially the baby skates.

Thought this was gonna be a "top players trying to give newbies goals" thread, but this is way better.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:24 PM
mythicalberserker

Too cute & congratulations!

mythicalberserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:02 AM
SCritical

Nawww! You have a beautiful little boy, btw As for me, I'm grateful for my team leader who sat with me overnight in hospital after I was KO'd in our house game, despite having work the next day

SCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:21 PM
michaelshu

Send a message via Yahoo to michaelshu Send a message via Skype™ to michaelshu
Congratulations! Now why didn't i think of something like this! *ashamed of self*

michaelshu is offline   Reply With Quote