HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kondratiev going back to Russia

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2006, 01:17 PM
  #51
Metallian*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 13,859
vCash: 500
awesome, i traded him away for Suglobov and Olvecky in my fantasy league

IM COMIN OUT SHINING LIKE ROSES

Metallian* is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 03:50 PM
  #52
CHRDANHUTCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auburn, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 15,649
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Are former Ducks not discussed on the Ducks forum? If they are not, why aren't they?


What makes you think this?
1. If Kondratiev just made the decision there was no homework to be done. Seems to me if Kondratiev was that anxious to go home, he could have and probably would have announced this after his first demotion to Hartford.

2. If Kondratiev stays there was no homework to be done.

IMO people are reacting to this far too early. There have been many, many players and coaches who say they are going to give it up when they're feeling at their lowest but end up changing their minds.

There are a number who actually DO give it up and then return later.
wHY ARE FORMER Rangers being discussed since Kondratiev is NO LONGER A RANGER, HE IS ANAHEIM Property, and should be discussed as such

CHRDANHUTCH is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 04:29 PM
  #53
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Since I responded to one of your own posts in the trade thread, we both know perfectly well I gave Sather credit for this trade, so I don't quite know what you're whining about here. .
You always respond to my posts so whats new with this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Right. As I wrote, you'll need to prove Sather knew Kondratiev was going to leave for Russia (if Kondratiev is actually leaving for Russia). Asking a question doesn't do that. Get back to me when you have actual proof..
Show me proof he didn't know he was going back to Russia. Either way it's still a great trade for the Rangers. Giving Sather credit for the trade doesn't make me a bad person or a bad fan of the new york rangers. get back to me when you have actual proof that sather didn't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Two things:
1. If this is your reason for saying it's a great trade, fine. That's valid WITH the caveat that it's a small sample size and that things work out in the offseason re: Sykora.

BUT

2. You're being dishonest in suggesting that it is Sykora's play that inspired you to write that this was a great trade by Sather. The thread is about the Ducks losing Kondratiev. It had nothing to do with Sykora's play; in fact Sykora's play wasn't even mentioned in the thread prior to your response. It's your feeling that Sather robbed the Ducks because he knew something they didn't (which is why you defend that proposition above), and thus that Sather made a great trade.
I'm never dishonest. you want to call me a liar at least meet me before a game so you can call me a liar to my face. you won't because you are an internet tough guy.
it is my opinion that sather new something. Whats wrong with that if you don't agree with than you don't agree with it.
I've backed you into a corner by demanding proof that you cannot give, so you're backpedaling now and saying it was a great trade because of the way Sykora is playing. That's not why you wrote it. Admit it and try to defend your original position. ..
you haven't backed me into a corner. that's like me saying i backed you into a corner because you don't have proof sather didn't know he wanted to go back to russia. the guy went back to russia for two straight seasons. i'm not the only person in this thread that has the opinion that sather and the rangers knew something. i'm not backpeddling about anything.... this was a great trade that gets better when you consider that rangers didnt trade anything for a top line player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Really? I find that sad. I'm not...
i find it sad you claim to be fan yet you don't root for this team. speaking of dishonest and lying my friend you are the king of it. here i have the balls to say it

YOU ARE A LIAR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
he current Ranger team certainly looks good. Whether or not he's done a great job rebuilding remains to be seen, and that is, after all, what he claims he is doing.
the current ranger team is miles ahead of the one that skated off the ice messiers last game at the garden. this team is rebuilt and very good get excited or don't i really don't care. the same people post the same crap about the team everyday win or lose...
just so you aren't confused by anything i'll say it again

YOU ARE A LIAR

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 04:37 PM
  #54
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
wHY ARE FORMER Rangers being discussed since Kondratiev is NO LONGER A RANGER, HE IS ANAHEIM Property, and should be discussed as such
Because it's a hockey board. Why is this bugging you, man? Go decompress somewhere. You remind me of Jamie Kennedy in "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle".

Shadowtron is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 04:41 PM
  #55
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
wHY ARE FORMER Rangers being discussed since
Kondratiev is NO LONGER A RANGER, HE IS ANAHEIM Property, and should be discussed as such
First: He is being discussed as Anaheim property. Who here is discussing him as anything but?

Second: Former Rangers are being discussed for the same reason Jeremy Roenick is being discussed in the Ducks forum: he is of interest to the fans here. This mostly because Kondratiev was a Ranger up until a week ago. Donít worry; when he goes back to Russia no one will be talking about him anymore. But why are you here complaining while not complaining about the Roenick talk in your own forum? Seems to me that Ranger fans have more right to talk about Kondratiev, a former Ranger, than Duck fans have a right to talk about Roenick, agreed?

And why was Stu Grimson being discussed on January 4?

And why was Sergei Federov on 12/26?

And why Patrick Kjellberg on 11/23?

These guys are all FORMER Ducks, are they not? Better go enforce your rules!

dedalus is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 04:53 PM
  #56
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
You always respond to my posts so whats new with this?
There's nothing new in it, but what I wrote is proof that I gave Sather credit for the trade, making your assertion in this thread false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Show me proof he didn't know he was going back to Russia.
I don't need to. Your claim is that it was a great trade because Sather knew he was trading away nothing. If you wish to offer that as the reason it was a great trade, you must offer evidence to support it. You may not like it, but the burden of evidence is on you to support your claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Giving Sather credit for the trade doesn't make me a bad person or a bad fan of the new york rangers.
Did I write that it made you a bad person or bad fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
you haven't backed me into a corner ... i'm not the only person in this thread that has the opinion that sather and the rangers knew something.
Yes I have backed you into a corner because the only thing you can offer in defense of the idea that Sather knew Kondratiev was going home this summer was that other people in this thread thought the same. That's not evidence; that's opinion. It proves nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
i'm not backpeddling about anything
Sure you are. Your original proposition doesn't hold water, so you've tried to offer another (that the trade is great because Sykora has played great).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
i find it sad you claim to be fan yet you don't root for this team. speaking of dishonest and lying my friend you are the king of it. here i have the balls to say it

YOU ARE A LIAR.
Okay I'll bite. How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
the current ranger team is miles ahead of the one that skated off the ice messiers last game at the garden.
Agreed but that doesn't mean that Sather has conducted a successful rebuilding, and that is what he claims to be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
this team is rebuilt
Uh-huh. And if I quote you here at some later time, will you once again say I'm taking you out of context?

dedalus is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 04:54 PM
  #57
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 76,362
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
wHY ARE FORMER Rangers being discussed since Kondratiev is NO LONGER A RANGER, HE IS ANAHEIM Property, and should be discussed as such
Why do you care?

If you care so much, stop comming here, reading the posts, and complaining.

ECL is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:01 PM
  #58
Slitty
Registered User
 
Slitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
I'm thinking now Tyutin was the only thing keeping Drats from going back sooner, once he was traded he said "forgett about it" and took off.

I'm dissapointed to see Drats leave the NHL because i was looking foward watching him turn into a pretty good defensmen down the line, but now this trade was a complete steal for us, we got a 4th round pick and Sykora for nothing really.

He has Ilya Bryzgalov, Vitaly Vishnevsky, Ruslan Salei, and Sandis Ozolinsh in Anahiem in terms of guys that can speak his language and share his culture...

Slitty is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 07:44 PM
  #59
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
They get no other compensation whatsoever. They retain Kondratiev's rights. I think from reading the original post it says Kondratiev will go back to Russia after this season when his contracts up. He's still in the AHL.
Thanks.

Pizza is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 07:51 PM
  #60
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 76,362
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty
He has Ilya Bryzgalov, Vitaly Vishnevsky, Ruslan Salei, and Sandis Ozolinsh in Anahiem in terms of guys that can speak his language and share his culture...
Drats and Tyutin are apparantly good friends, however.

ECL is offline  
Old
01-16-2006, 01:30 AM
  #61
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty
He has Ilya Bryzgalov, Vitaly Vishnevsky, Ruslan Salei, and Sandis Ozolinsh in Anahiem in terms of guys that can speak his language and share his culture...
I'm confused. Was Kondratiev recalled to the Ducks? Intially, he was assigned to their AHL team and that I think is the biggest problem. He may be willing to try and cut it in the NHL, but for whatever reason (and there are probably several including, but not limited to, money) really doesn't want to play in the minor leagues.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
01-16-2006, 02:45 AM
  #62
JCProdigy
Registered User
 
JCProdigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: I want what I want
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
When Sather traded for Eric Lindros, I threw my head down in disgust and vowed that I was gonna quite cheering for the Rangers from that point foward. A couple of months later and I was watching the damn team and waisting my time reading these boards everyday.

Being traded is a dramatic thing in a young man's life and this is probably his initial feelings. Maybe over time his feelings will change like mine did quickly after that trade. If they don't then I don't know how anybody could look down upon him for wanting to go back to his home country to be with his family. It's his choice and it might be what's important to him. I don't know if I'd leave the US if somebody in England offered me a prestigious job that paid more than I make now.

As far as good faith. To me it doesn't matter if the Rangers knew or not beforehand. As long as Kondratiev had/has every intention of fufilling his current contract then that's all the Rangers have to feel responsible for and the Ducks know this.

JCProdigy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.