HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would YOU do as GM?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2012, 09:30 PM
  #101
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiper the Fox View Post
the insane deal for bryz will be the axe that chops holmgren (unless this team somehow goes a couple rounds in playoffs )

maybe hextall will be the next one pulling the strings in philly as GM
(that's be a good start )

:l)
I disagree because it's pretty clear Bryz was all Snider. (And I am NOT a Holmgren fan, as many know.)

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:41 PM
  #102
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 500
I'll have a go at it
1. Fire McCarthy
2. Fire Jeff Reese
3. trade Weak Wrists before he walks and we get nothing
4. find out what it would take to get Weber
5. can't get Weber, get Suter
6.sign/trade for big nasty mean Dmen
7. never, never, ever think about ****ing trading Giroux

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:43 PM
  #103
Top Cheese Danish
Registered User
 
Top Cheese Danish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I really couldn't tell you. I'd just have Homer go through a lot of interviews and watch a lot of tape and pick out who you think would be the best for this team.
Word on the street is that if the Blackhawks horrorshow continues, Quenneville is on his way out. Randy Carlyle has also been pretty vocal about his search for a new coaching job. NOT saying either of these would ever happen, just saying these might be potential interview candidates.

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:51 PM
  #104
Swiper the Fox
Registered User
 
Swiper the Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I disagree because it's pretty clear Bryz was all Snider. (And I am NOT a Holmgren fan, as many know.)
snider wanted a goalie
holmgren got that goalie
and snider can not be fired
lol
he's the only one safe in the organization
haha

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:01 PM
  #105
Gert B Frobe
Registered User
 
Gert B Frobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SE PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Trade Carle for picks, and bring in some big, physical stay at home D-men that can clear the porch and get the puck out of the zone.
100%

Then I'd trade those picks and JVR for 2 of either Grossman, Allen, and Regher.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:37 PM
  #106
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,316
vCash: 500
When snider is gone is may be the Best/worst day of this franchise.

I wonder how many of those clarkie moves were really just snider

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:40 PM
  #107
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,408
vCash: 500
Why would anyone want Snider gone?? One of the best owners in the league. Has the pockets to go get anyone we want. Absolutely passionate about the Flyers and hockey. We are lucky to have this guy as the owner of the Flyers. It's better than being a budget team like a lot of teams in this league. We are a really really spoiled fan base if we want Snider gone.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:44 PM
  #108
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Why would anyone want Snider gone?? One of the best owners in the league. Has the pockets to go get anyone we want. Absolutely passionate about the Flyers and hockey. We are lucky to have this guy as the owner of the Flyers. It's better than being a budget team like a lot of teams in this league. We are a really really spoiled fan base if we want Snider gone.
This, Snider is one of the best out there and it will be a sad day when he is gone

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:47 PM
  #109
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Why would anyone want Snider gone?? One of the best owners in the league. Has the pockets to go get anyone we want. Absolutely passionate about the Flyers and hockey. We are lucky to have this guy as the owner of the Flyers. It's better than being a budget team like a lot of teams in this league. We are a really really spoiled fan base if we want Snider gone.
I agree with everything u said, but he plays to large of a role in deciding personnel. The GM isnt even allowed to even do his job and put the team together as he see's fit. Snider is trying to win a cup asap, and maybe at the expense of our future.

While he is a great owner his good intentions hurt this team occasionally.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:16 PM
  #110
Jumping
Registered User
 
Jumping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta Ga
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I agree with everything u said, but he plays to large of a role in deciding personnel. The GM isnt even allowed to even do his job and put the team together as he see's fit. Snider is trying to win a cup asap, and maybe at the expense of our future.

While he is a great owner his good intentions hurt this team occasionally.
But it is difficult to argue that Homer might not have pursued a goalie if Snider had not pushed him.

And I think very few people here would have said we did not need a goalie at the end of last year.

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:27 PM
  #111
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
I believe Brayden Schenn can play no more than 29 more NHL regular season + playoff games before he is eligible for waiver claims, meaning the Flyers will not be able to that trick where they send him to the AHL for one game to reduce his cap hit next year.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:37 PM
  #112
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
I believe Brayden Schenn can play no more than 29 more NHL regular season + playoff games before he is eligible for waiver claims, meaning the Flyers will not be able to that trick where they send him to the AHL for one game to reduce his cap hit next year.
I don't think thats a problem though because they might have the bonus cushion again in the new CBA. I wouldn't see why it isn't there again, I never heard anyone complain about it?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:00 PM
  #113
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,483
vCash: 500
Here’s what I would do:
  • Trade everyone for someone.
  • Package a couple of someones with a pick for someone great
  • Package another couple of someones for someone really good
  • Trade someone for someone fast
  • Trade someone else and a minor prospect for someone decent
  • Move a 2nd, a 5th and a prospect for someone dependable and someone good
  • Make another minor deal of a prospect for someone rugged
  • Call up someone big
  • Deal a 3rd rounder for the rights to someone fleet; sign long-term
  • On July 1, sign someone solid, someone stalwart, and someone improved,
  • then overpay in dollars and years for someone mediocre
  • Deal 2 someones for someone with upside and someone chippy to be named later
  • Pick up someone cheap and someone experienced on waivers
  • Bring someone agile over from the Russian league
  • Sign someone slick from college
  • Snag someone leaderly on re-entry waivers
  • Call up someone new
Someone really good – Someone great – Someone improved
Someone fast – Someone good – Someone big
Someone slick – Someone dependable – Someone rugged
Someone chippy – Someone leaderly – Someone decent
Someone tough

Someone solid – Someone fleet
Someone with upside – Someone stalwart
Someone new – Someone cheap
Someone mediocre

Someone agile
Someone experienced

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:03 PM
  #114
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Here’s what I would do:
  • Trade everyone for someone.
  • Package a couple of someones with a pick for someone great
  • Package another couple of someones for someone really good
  • Trade someone for someone fast
  • Trade someone else and a minor prospect for someone decent
  • Move a 2nd, a 5th and a prospect for someone dependable and someone good
  • Make another minor deal of a prospect for someone rugged
  • Call up someone big
  • Deal a 3rd rounder for the rights to someone fleet; sign long-term
  • On July 1, sign someone solid, someone stalwart, and someone improved,
  • then overpay in dollars and years for someone mediocre
  • Deal 2 someones for someone with upside and someone chippy to be named later
  • Pick up someone cheap and someone experienced on waivers
  • Bring someone agile over from the Russian league
  • Sign someone slick from college
  • Snag someone leaderly on re-entry waivers
  • Call up someone new
Someone really good – Someone great – Someone improved
Someone fast – Someone good – Someone big
Someone slick – Someone dependable – Someone rugged
Someone chippy – Someone leaderly – Someone decent
Someone tough

Someone solid – Someone fleet
Someone with upside – Someone stalwart
Someone new – Someone cheap
Someone mediocre

Someone agile
Someone experienced
I have no clue how you do not have a job within some organization at the NHL level right now

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:05 PM
  #115
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I have no clue how you do not have a job within some organization at the NHL level right now
Keep thinking that I don't.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
  #116
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 31,663
vCash: 500
Id wait around, if I get an offer I cant refuse for one of the veterans I take it. Try to get Suter in July (I think he is what this team needs more than Weber brings). If they are going to trade for a defenseman now, make sure it is a physical one who knocks people on their ass with the hope it might rub off on the others.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:57 PM
  #117
turkinaa
Registered User
 
turkinaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
Let's here 'em, no matter how crazy they are

Mine:
-fire the entire coaching staff
This. I would like to see them be replaced from out of the organization.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
  #118
Danglous
Registered User
 
Danglous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Fire Snider.

Danglous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:39 AM
  #119
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Capgeek is too much fun. I built "my" perfect team for the system we are playing, and it fits unde the projected cap. And all that has to happen is:
1. Trade Briere
2. Trade JVR ++ for Rick Nash (LOL)
3. Offer Sheet Shea Weber for 8 years
4. Re-sign Voracek
5. Let Jagr walk
6. Let Carle walk
7. Trade LA's 2nd for Gaustad and re-sign
8. Trade a prospect for Gill and re-sign

This GM stuff is easy. Now, if only that was remotely possible, the Flyers would look like this:

FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($2.600m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Harry Zolnierczyk ($0.900m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Paul Gaustad ($2.300m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)
Tom Sestito ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.500m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)
Marc-Andre Bourdon ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,304,444; BONUSES: $3,555,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): -$1,004,444

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:48 PM
  #120
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,989
vCash: 580
I would read HFBoards and send out hitmen after anyone who says we should trade for Pavel Kubina or Shane O'Brien

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:55 PM
  #121
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I would read HFBoards and send out hitmen after anyone who says we should trade for Pavel Kubina or Shane O'Brien
I would like to add Hall Gill or Zidlicky to the list. Well honestly Kubina is better than both of them. Gill is past his prime and is SOOOO slow (like honestly, Shelly is faster than he is), while Zidlicky is worse than Carle on defense.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:12 PM
  #122
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
I would gladly take almost any of those guys (admittedly, I'm not 100% familiar with all of their contracts however). I have ZERO issue acquiring a cheap veteran d-man, on an expiring contract, for our bottom pairing as a rental, for next to nothing (read: 3rd round or cheaper).

The Hal Gills of the world aren't anything special, but he's a specialist, and he would help this team.

I don't want to end up on some magical run again, like in 2010, and then be stuck with another disaster of Krajicek and Parent on the 3rd pairing. To me, that's worth a low draft pick.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:13 PM
  #123
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,989
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I would like to add Hall Gill or Zidlicky to the list. Well honestly Kubina is better than both of them. Gill is past his prime and is SOOOO slow (like honestly, Shelly is faster than he is), while Zidlicky is worse than Carle on defense.
No it's my list, get your own . Hal Gill is on the top of my list. He's always been slow, but he uses his big body, he's a stay at home guy (which we need with all of our guys pinching) and he can shut down a star.

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:15 PM
  #124
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,989
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I would gladly take almost any of those guys (admittedly, I'm not 100% familiar with all of their contracts however). I have ZERO issue acquiring a cheap veteran d-man, on an expiring contract, for our bottom pairing as a rental, for next to nothing (read: 3rd round or cheaper).

The Hal Gills of the world aren't anything special, but he's a specialist, and he would help this team.

I don't want to end up on some magical run again, like in 2010, and then be stuck with another disaster of Krajicek and Parent on the 3rd pairing. To me, that's worth a low draft pick.
Shane O'Brien is Andrew Alberts with an active nightlife. We've been cutting back on those....

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:16 PM
  #125
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
No it's my list, get your own . Hal Gill is on the top of my list. He's always been slow, but he uses his big body, he's a stay at home guy (which we need with all of our guys pinching) and he can shut down a star.
And he plays the most minutes on the league's best PK. He is literally EXACTLY what we need. He just isn't a stud. He is a guy that would marginally help each of those areas. It's not going to be some night and day change, but it's a step in the right direction; and that's why I want it to happen.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.