HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ty Rattie Watch

Old
02-06-2012, 09:52 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
He's been slowing down his production rate. Wonder if he's been nursing an injury because he's not in the lineup tonight against Vancouver (which is a big game for them).

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 06:37 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

&@%$# concussion.

From Saturday's game:

"The Hawks sat third leading scorer Brad Ross for the second consecutive night for disciplinary reasons and also lost leading scorer Ty Rattie, who left the game late in the second period after taking a blow to the head."

Didn't play in the game Monday and no other news I can find.

Old
02-07-2012, 08:15 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

vCash: 500
Not necessarily a concussion, but it sounds that way. It could just be a bad cut or bruise or broken nose or something of that ilk, but because it was to the head, the were extra cautious.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Chicago Blues

I'm so damn sick of concussions and I don't even know who to be mad at for them.

Chicago Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:57 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Missed last night's game also:

Quote:
Ty Rattie still out with what is a concussion or something similar.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:35 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Rattie returned to action tonight and scored a goal.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:28 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Rattie returned to action tonight and scored a goal.
That's damn good to hear.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Bluesnatic27

Who other than me is loving this pick, although he still is a little under developed, I still think that he will make some noise at training camp next year

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:51 AM
MedicBluesFan443

Ty Rattie is 18 y/o old and I think will be 19 by the start of the next AHL season. What is the rule that would prevent him from becoming a Riverman? I personally love this kid a lot! His shot is just wicked and he has hands that I would compare to Andy McDonald. If he translates his game moveing up the ladder I think he could be very good... Playing with Schwartz he may be awesome! ( again this is all assuming he can put it together in translation.)

MedicBluesFan443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:22 AM
tfriede2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicBluesFan443 View Post
Ty Rattie is 18 y/o old and I think will be 19 by the start of the next AHL season. What is the rule that would prevent him from becoming a Riverman? I personally love this kid a lot! His shot is just wicked and he has hands that I would compare to Andy McDonald. If he translates his game moveing up the ladder I think he could be very good... Playing with Schwartz he may be awesome! ( again this is all assuming he can put it together in translation.)
The new kid line in 2-3 years (I'm still expecting/hoping that Tarasenko will be here next year though):

Rattie - Schwartz - Tarasenko

I think that line could easily rival the kid line of Perron - Berglund - Oshie (not these 3 players currently, but when they were truly the kid line).

Sure, you'd have to put Schwartz at center and either Tarasenko on left wing or Rattie...but oh well. Or, put Rattie at center. Just neat to speculate. Let's just hope we have all 3 of these players in 3 years (unless we trade one for a star, of course, ha).

tfriede2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicBluesFan443 View Post
There is an agreement between the AHL and CHL - basically, kids under the age of 20 of not having played in 4 Major Junior seasons may not play in the AHL. It is a good rule for safety.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:26 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
There is an agreement between the AHL and CHL - basically, kids under the age of 20 of not having played in 4 Major Junior seasons may not play in the AHL. It is a good rule for safety.
To clarify, it's an agreement between the NHL and CHL and a player drafted from a CHL team will be eligible to play in the AHL when they turn 20 in the year in which a season starts. ie. a player doesn't automatically become AHL eligible on their 20th b-day. Conversely, someone who doesn't turn 20 until later in the year in which a season starts will actually be eligible to play in the AHL for a few months while still 19.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:10 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
That rule isnt about safety at all. Its about the CHL wants to have to talent to attrack fans to make money. It actually hinders some players developement that are to good or physically mature for the chl and not quite ready for the nhl. Someone like Etem would be better off in the ahl.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Chicago Blues

Schwarz and Rattie on the same line would be quite undersized but I love the sentiment. I definitely think Rattie could outperform the scout's projections, especially if paired with the right playmakers.

Chicago Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:46 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Every interview with him has left me very impressed with his attitude and work ethic. I think he took that experience in Blues camp to heart and went back knowing how hard he'd have to work to reach that level. His huge leap in production this year is a sign of that commitment. His shot is even sicker than Tarasenko's, believe it or not, so if he can grow his body and two-way play he'll have a real place in the NHL. Because of his internal dedication I am very loath to include him in trade offers. I think maybe I've put him in one trade idea once and felt wrong for doing it. He's not quite Tarasenko level but this is the kind of continual pipeline infusion of young talent that if the Blues simply do nothing (or little) trade-wise and keep drafting well they could be great for a long time, given how great Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk are going to be on the back end.

If the Blues were to keep Tarasenko, Schwartz, Rattie and Hakanpaa, and only those guys pan out and no others, the Blues are going to be even better than they are now.

Old
02-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Every interview with him has left me very impressed with his attitude and work ethic. I think he took that experience in Blues camp to heart and went back knowing how hard he'd have to work to reach that level. His huge leap in production this year is a sign of that commitment. His shot is even sicker than Tarasenko's, believe it or not, so if he can grow his body and two-way play he'll have a real place in the NHL. Because of his internal dedication I am very loath to include him in trade offers. I think maybe I've put him in one trade idea once and felt wrong for doing it. He's not quite Tarasenko level but this is the kind of continual pipeline infusion of young talent that if the Blues simply do nothing (or little) trade-wise and keep drafting well they could be great for a long time, given how great Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk are going to be on the back end.

If the Blues were to keep Tarasenko, Schwartz, Rattie and Hakanpaa, and only those guys pan out and no others, the Blues are going to be even better than they are now.
I agree with your assessments of Rattie, thats why I too am hesitant to include him in trade proposals. Another important point to bring up in regards to not wanting to trade him is the need to keep the payroll in check over time. Rattie offers a tremendous skill set and will be cost controlled for a while.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:

add Allen, Tesink, Veilleux, and Mcrae, and we got a dynasty

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
I don't think too much of McRae. He will be a 3rd line center, if not less IMO

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:43 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
I'll give you Allen, but the other guys, I'm not sold on yet.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Seems like we'll have a lot of small wingers in the near future. All the more reason to hope Chris Stewart turns it around.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:00 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

I tried putting together lines. It's scary how deep we are.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:08 AM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Seems like we'll have a lot of small wingers in the near future. All the more reason to hope Chris Stewart turns it around.
Besides Schwartz, who else is undersized? I don't count Rattie because he just needs to fill out, but he's got good height at 6'0.

SneakerPimp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:32 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
I tried putting together lines. It's scary how deep we are.
Be even more scared - we are deep in d-men prospects also.

Cole
Hakanpaa
Edmunson
Buekeboom
Fairchild
Ponich
Shields

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Stillflexin*

On NHL12 Rattie went up to an 85 after 2 1/2 seasons then up to an 89 after 3!

Stillflexin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
That rule isnt about safety at all. Its about the CHL wants to have to talent to attrack fans to make money. It actually hinders some players developement that are to good or physically mature for the chl and not quite ready for the nhl. Someone like Etem would be better off in the ahl.
While I agree that some may be ready to make the jump. The vast majority of CHL players are not physically ready to play in the AHL. The physical difference between an 18/19 year old and a 25 year old are pretty vast. Yes, there may be a few that could make that transition, but many aren't ready and need to dominate for 2 years (and glow in skill and size). Grachev comes to mind.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote