HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Suprising stat about habs D?

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2006, 08:35 AM
ti-vite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
I have a feeling there's something wrong with that stat. I'm thinking they probably have a guy in every city counting stats and IMO, the guy counting them in Montreal must give out "takeaways" more than others.
Svehla leading the league in hits a few years back rings a bell. Apparently the stats guy in Florida would attribute a hit everytine Shela sneezed...Svehla seemd to sneeze more often at hot then on the road also...

Old
01-16-2006, 08:41 AM
type_v

Doesn't take away from the accomplishment, but Julien's system on which our Defence played may have inflated that stat.

For example if the forwards are meant to distract the opposition while the defence gets in position to intercept passes. Or if the forwards are used to check the opposition while the defence comes in at the last second to souble team and take the puck away.

I'm not sure how takeaways are counted, just my two cents.

Old
01-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Anybody else find it surprising that Mike Ribeiro is 11th in the league in takeaways... Either he hides his talent very well or this stat is bull crap.

Closed Thread