HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 12:22 AM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'm wondering if the Kings would want to acquire Erik Cole from Montreal. He has three years remaining on his contract and will earn $4M in actual salary in those years and carries a cap hit of $4.5M.

The reason why I bring him up is due to the chemistry he displayed in the past playing with Justin Williams in Carolina. He's consistently been a 20 goal scorer throughout his career and fits that Ryan Smyth style, front of the net winger that the Kings are missing.
I don't feel comfortable having another potential 20 goal scorer on the books taking up a significant amount of cap space (4.5M).

My philosophy is a little different I guess.

1x 40 goal scorer@8M + Scrub@1M > 2x 20 goal scorers @4.5M Each

Old
02-14-2012, 12:42 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
So, word in Edmonton is Hemsky is talking extension.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:43 AM
kingsdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I don't feel comfortable having another potential 20 goal scorer on the books taking up a significant amount of cap space (4.5M).

My philosophy is a little different I guess.

1x 40 goal scorer@8M + Scrub@1M > 2x 20 goal scorers @4.5M Each
agreed in this system the 40 goal scorer will be a 20 goal scorer, and the 20 goal scorer well, look at the guy in the press box during the games.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:44 AM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Because he is too tall.
Because he doesnt speak French?

Old
02-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Oh darn.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:52 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Oh darn.
Just thought you might want to know.

You can go back to talking about how you are going to get Eric Cole out of Montreal.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:03 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
Because he doesnt speak French?
Erik Colé?

Anyway, to trade him Gauthier would have to be out of his gourd, not gonna happen.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:11 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
That's insane. Well, not really.

Only insane if he's asking for more than 2 years... talk about a risk on Mr. Brittle Bones.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:33 AM
ProfessorHov

Maybe Hemsky is asking for an extension to see how long he can play without getting injured. I heard this one time at hockey camp, the wind blew so hard he injured his nose.

Old
02-14-2012, 03:05 AM
kingsdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorHov View Post
Maybe Hemsky is asking for an extension to see how long he can play without getting injured. I heard this one time at hockey camp, the wind blew so hard he injured his nose.
I kinda don't want the kings to make a deal this year if it involves bernier or johnson and most likely it's gonna take not just one, but both to get what we need here. Maybe a bottom 6 guy to finish the season and sign an extension for A-mart and a third i would be happy with..

Old
02-14-2012, 03:16 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsdarkness View Post
I kinda don't want the kings to make a deal this year if it involves bernier or johnson and most likely it's gonna take not just one, but both to get what we need here. Maybe a bottom 6 guy to finish the season and sign an extension for A-mart and a third i would be happy with..
yup. if we cant get a rich deal for A-mart id like to have him replace Drewiskie

Old
02-14-2012, 04:59 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
yup. if we cant get a rich deal for A-mart id like to have him replace Drewiskie
I think Drewiske > Al-Mart.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:13 AM
SuperAlmeida

What about Jack Johnson + Jonathan Bernier ++? I'm sure that Parise want a huge contract this summer, so the salary will be the same if he joins us. Would you want Parise or Nash?
Quote:
Nash On The Block?

RDS, the French-speaking equivalent of TSN in Canada, reported on Monday that the Blue Jackets have placed captain Rick Nash on the trading block. Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson, through a spokesman, has declined to comment, and Nash's agent, Joe Resnick, did not return messages.
Let the 2012 NHL trade deadline mania begin.

NHL sources -- from Columbus and beyond -- took issue with the suggestion that Nash is "on the block", but only the terminology. He is not being shopped by the Blue Jackets, they insist, and the club is not intent on moving him, as it is with Jeff Carter and perhaps others.
But the Blue Jackets, by far the worst club in the NHL this season and resigned to missing the playoffs for the third straight season, have reached a point where every player on the roster could be had if the price is right, and that includes Nash.
To this point, Nash's name never came up in trade talks, because other clubs knew it was a non-starter. The Blue Jackets wouldn't even consider trading him. As recently as last month, at the Blue Jackets Hockey N Heels gathering, Howson told a room full of female fans - paraphrasing here - that he would never trade Nash.

To be clear: that might still be true, but the next 12 days figure to be chaotic.

The Blue Jackets seem bent on making radical change, rather than includes the captain or not. This is not just about the UFAs. R.J. Umberger, once deemed the most important voice in the dressing room, could be moved, as could Derick Brassard, Antoine Vermette and others. The "for sale" door is swinging on the dressing room door handle.
It should also be noted that Howson is clearly in charge of this reformation, whatever scale it takes. If the Blue Jackets were going to make a change at that position -- and majority owner John P. McConnell has never indicated a desire to do so -- it would have been done before now, before the NHL trade deadline is in sight.

The magic hour is 3 p.m. on Feb. 27.
-- Aaron Portzline

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 02-14-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old
02-14-2012, 08:34 AM
damacles1156

I wish people would stop posting about Nash, Carter as well. I doubt Columbus trades them.

They would want a Top Six Forward to replace Nash, You are looking at Brown or Williams , Jack, Johhny B plus pick/prospect for Nash.

There is no way Dean gives up that much.

Parise is a Pipe dream, Dean would have to relocate that guys entire family, or offer him money he can't refuse. I am talking money to were Zach's agent says; "Zach I will slap you in the face, if you don't take that GIGANTIC amount of money from LA"

Zach may not even make it to July 1st, He is an east coast guy(like most Hockey players).

No team is going to low ball Nash out of Columbus, Carter maybe. But you are going to pay big for Nash, they have no reason to move him.

Think of what you would ask from a team for Kopitar, That is what Nash is going for.

Last edited by damacles1156: 02-14-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old
02-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Kings4thecup

Here's a shot in the dark. Chicago has too much money spent on their top two lines, and are hurting desperately for defense and quality goaltending. If they were to make a trade, it seems like Kane would probably be the one to go. He's a right wing, that doesn't really solve our woes on the left, but would give us some serious sniping up front.

What would you do if you were DL to aquire him?

Johnson, Bernier and a 1st?

Old
02-14-2012, 09:40 AM
ProfessorHov

Darren Panger on his twitter just said Nash is tradeable. He said that CLB is open to anything that helps them long term.

Also Hemsky and the Oilers are working on an extension but a trade is still a factor.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:43 AM
ProfessorHov

Im sorry Drager not Panger

Old
02-14-2012, 09:46 AM
ProfessorHov

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387786

Here is the Link.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:

Old
02-14-2012, 10:06 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorHov View Post
Strike 3 your out! its Bob McKenzie Who actually has some cred out there.

I am not sure that Nash see`s LA as "an extremely limited list of destinations he would deem suitable"

Worth mentioning although they were not giving credit to the New York Rangers - Nash Rumors they mentioned something like they would think the Blue Jackets would see more value in Bernier and Johnson then Dubinsky and Stepan.

I would be willing to give up Bernier, Voynov and a few 1st round picks for Nash. Maybe instead of 2 picks Forbot. Some of you think I may be crazy for saying a "few 1st round picks" but now that we are good/decent team I dont see too much value in our 1st round picks. Specially if we get Nash.

Gotta think if we have Williams - Kopitar - Brown with a solid D that we are a playoff team at the very least. Without Nash we are already at lead a playoff team (So Far )
Nash - Richards - Gagne

Old
02-14-2012, 10:06 AM
SFKingshomer

Hope we stay far away from Nash

Old
02-14-2012, 10:09 AM
jimmy1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
AMEN!!! No doubt the guy is talented, but a 7.8m cap hit is crippling! I am 100% against getting Rick Nash (though I don't think DL would even consider it at that cap hit).

Old
02-14-2012, 10:10 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Didn't think I would ever see a Kings fan say that. At least not when he is in his prime anyway.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
"LA Kings special assistant to the GM Jack Ferreira is at the Habs game with LA scout and former player Alyn McCauley."

That according to Brennan Klak.
Likely for Moen and/or Kostitsyn. Not sure if we like anyone on Carolina with Ruutu out, but hopefully there's a chance for Chad Larose as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
First Gleason is re-signed and now Ruutu is out... This is like the doomsday scenario for this entire season
Actually, I hope we don't get Ruutu. His cost will be a 1st+. To much for a rental in my books.

Quote:
Good, then you can keep him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Would you want Parise or Nash?
Parise. First, he's simply a better player, and puts up comparible numbers to Nash. Second, his cap hit might actually be less than Nash's. Third, it won't cost us Johnson+ to get him.

That all said, I'd be shocked if Prise leaves the Eastern Conference. I think he leaves NJ, but not the EC.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:16 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post

I would be willing to give up Bernier, Voynov and a few 1st round picks for Nash. Maybe instead of 2 picks Forbot. Some of you think I may be crazy for saying a "few 1st round picks" but now that we are good/decent team I dont see too much value in our 1st round picks. Specially if we get Nash.
You don't stay a good team for long if you trade away 1st round picks three years in a row (one for Penner, two for Nash).

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Didn't think I would ever see a Kings fan say that. At least not when he is in his prime anyway.
I'll say it as well. $7.8 million in cap hit for a one dimensional player who isn't even bringing that one dimension this year. Pass. I'm not even sure he'll hit 30 goals or 60 points this year.

Closed Thread