HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Everyone, Trade Everybody. Oh, Habs lost 5-3.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Not necessarily.

This is a season where everything that can go wrong, has gone wrong. I doubt it repeats itself.

Plus there can be some UFA additions.

Ottawa has 0 players from last year's draft on their team right now, but they've managed to turn their team around by being healthier, players playing better, and getting a key addition or two via trades and UFA.
True but they drafted really well, have a great young player in Ziba going forward and the bottom line is they still sold at the deadline last year, Kelly, Campoli and others. We need to sell and get picks/prospects and I agree we will turn things around as of next year no need of rebuilding from scratch

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:12 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
Why's everyone giving up again. We're on a good run. We knew there were going to be some losses along the way. This is one. We can afford 7 more.
We just lost to one of the worst teams in the league, blew a third period lead, at home, in a crucial game, while on a 4 game win streak.

Other than that I have no idea why we're giving up. You're right.

bsl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Campoli and Kaberle. They are the reason for the loss.
Wha?

So you win as a team as lose as 2 players? Brilliant!

Canpoli set up Plekanec's goal but let's only look at any mistakes he made.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
I was at the game. What a pathetic performance. I started cheering for the Canes, while wearing my habs jersey.

By the way, I was booing Gomez and chanting "You Suck Gomez" or "Gomez Sucks" every time he touched the puck.
I think they call "fans" like you losers.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:41 AM
juve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I think they call "fans" like you losers.
How so? I paid for a ticket and I have every right to cheer or boo. What does this team do for me to even want to cheer? What has Gomez done to warrant cheering? It's a sad excuse of a hockey team and worse when it comes to management. I bet you're of the fans who think we'll still make the playoff and win the Stanley Cup? Right now, my only fear is if that moron Gauthier trade our first round pick for a player because he thinks we'll still make the playoffs.

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wha?

So you win as a team as lose as 2 players? Brilliant!

Canpoli set up Plekanec's goal but let's only look at any mistakes he made.
Up 3-2, on the Powerplay and you make that flossy pass directly to a player like Staal?
And that was a useless slash by Campoli caused by laziness.

Again, incompetent defense was in cause for the loss. The positive in this game is that the younger players were the better players for the Habs.

When you're in a battle to get in the playoffs you should count on your veterans to lead by example.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
How so? I paid for a ticket and I have every right to cheer or boo. What does this team do for me to even want to cheer? What has Gomez done to warrant cheering? It's a sad excuse of a hockey team and worse when it comes to management. I bet you're of the fans who think we'll still make the playoff and win the Stanley Cup? Right now, my only fear is if that moron Gauthier trade our first round pick for a player because he thinks we'll still make the playoffs.
I don't think there is one fan that thinks we will win the cup.
And you're right, you can boo anybody you want but that doesn't make it smart. You also admitted to cheering for the canes. I don't know any fan that would start cheering for the opponent.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Up 3-2, on the Powerplay and you make that flossy pass directly to a player like Staal?
And that was a useless slash by Campoli caused by laziness.

Again, incompetent defense was in cause for the loss. The positive in this game is that the younger players were the better players for the Habs.

When you're in a battle to get in the playoffs you should count on your veterans to lead by example.
That was a horrible call on the Campoli slash, that happens about 50 times a game and never gets called. Campoli is actually playing very solid 2 way hockey right now.

Kaberle looked bad on that play, it happens. Eller made Phaneuf look like a pylon on Saturday. I just don't see the point of all the rants on here throwing players under the bus. Last week it was on Plekanec and in the last week he's been our best player.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:11 AM
juve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think there is one fan that thinks we will win the cup.
And you're right, you can boo anybody you want but that doesn't make it smart. You also admitted to cheering for the canes. I don't know any fan that would start cheering for the opponent.
I cheer for the Canes because of the poor showing from the Habs. I just want a top 5 draft pick so we can finally rebuild./

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 11:24 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Gomez and Ladouceur just got into it at practice.

@ArponBasu:
Gomez and Ladouceur just got into it at #Habs practice, in case you haven't heard

@zababes1:
Ladouceur and Gomer trading words at #Habs practice after Gomer messes up in drill

@SNLouisJean:
Ass. coach Randy Ladouceur rips into Gomez during practice. Gomez yells back. Gomez had very limited ice time last night #Canadien

@GagnonFrancois:
Beaucoup d'intensité à l'entrainement du #CH. Randy Ladouceur a passé quelques savons à Scott Gomez. Et ce n'était pas du Ivory...

@ArponBasu:
That was really an extraordinary exchange of words between Gomez and Ladouceur, a clearly heated one. You don't see that often

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:40 PM
caniac315

vCash: 625
I asked this question on our boards but haven't gotten any response yet, so thought I would ask you guys.

What kind of reaction did Kirk get last night at Bell Centre? I missed the beginning of the game so I didn't see, but had hoped he would get a good response from the crowd there. I think we are fortunate to have him and I am happy to have him behind the bench in Raleigh. Shame we didn't get him sooner.

caniac315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac315 View Post
I asked this question on our boards but haven't gotten any response yet, so thought I would ask you guys.

What kind of reaction did Kirk get last night at Bell Centre? I missed the beginning of the game so I didn't see, but had hoped he would get a good response from the crowd there. I think we are fortunate to have him and I am happy to have him behind the bench in Raleigh. Shame we didn't get him sooner.
I don't think they mentioned anything during the game, so I don't think the fans got a chance to cheer for him really.

I'm confused as to why Spacek got booed, but I have no doubt the fans still love Kirk.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I don't think they mentioned anything during the game, so I don't think the fans got a chance to cheer for him really.

I'm confused as to why Spacek got booed, but I have no doubt the fans still love Kirk.
Spacek got booed for calling Montreal a circus.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:04 PM
habitue*

Quote:
He deserved it. And not only because he called Montreal a circus, but for his overall "performance" in the 2 1/2 years he played with the Habs.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
That was a horrible call on the Campoli slash, that happens about 50 times a game and never gets called. Campoli is actually playing very solid 2 way hockey right now.

Kaberle looked bad on that play, it happens. Eller made Phaneuf look like a pylon on Saturday. I just don't see the point of all the rants on here throwing players under the bus. Last week it was on Plekanec and in the last week he's been our best player.
What indicators would you judge a player's performance if it's not by the boneheads plays he makes that leads to a goal? Cunneyworth doesn't agree with you. Kostitsyn was benched because of the dumb turnovers he constantly makes in the middle of the ice, and one actually led to a goal. Kaberle got no excuses to give away the puck like this to a player like Staal, no excuses.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:15 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Eller in the post-game sounded really down. Wow worst morale ever from him. Hope they strap up their boots for the Boston game. I want a 60 minute on that one.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:17 PM
caniac315

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
He deserved it. And not only because he called Montreal a circus, but for his overall "performance" in the 2 1/2 years he played with the Habs.
Funny thing is the circus was just here, as in Ringling Bros, so he missed it.

No surprise I prefer him to Kaberle. He was a cluster**** from day one. Having said that, Spacek will probably be gone after this season.

caniac315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
What indicators would you judge a player's performance if it's not by the boneheads plays he makes that leads to a goal? Cunneyworth doesn't agree with you. Kostitsyn was benched because of the dumb turnovers he constantly makes in the middle of the ice, and one actually led to a goal. Kaberle got no excuses to give away the puck like this to a player like Staal, no excuses.
So Plekanec with a soft clearing attempt is now AKs dumb turnover?

Now I get why he's so hated. He's the reason why everyone plays bad.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Haaabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
We played him on the wrong side for the 2 1/2 years he was here. Can't really blame him for being glad that he's finally gone.

According to Dave Stubbs' Twitter account, Kirk Muller was never shown on the big screen so the fans were never given a chance to cheer.
"@habsinsideout1 Too torched to tweet. More in the morning. #Habs couldn't show Muller for 1 second on scoreboard? That's bush"

Kaberle just did everything wrong on that powerplay. Doesn't try to hold the line, then he turns the puck over, and finally he does his best impression of Dion Phaneuf or a pylon and watches Staal go around him. The team just quit after that.

Haaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:29 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Eller in the post-game sounded really down. Wow worst morale ever from him. Hope they strap up their boots for the Boston game. I want a 60 minute on that one.
He sounds like a really emotional kid. Looks like he really hates losing.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac315 View Post
Funny thing is the circus was just here, as in Ringling Bros, so he missed it.

No surprise I prefer him to Kaberle. He was a cluster**** from day one. Having said that, Spacek will probably be gone after this season.
Kaberle is better defensively than Spacek and like 3 notches better on offense. People are too obsessed with Kaberle's contract since a few in the media called it a bad trade. These are the same folks that complained PG didn't give Hamrlik a 2 year deal.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Kaberle is better defensively than Spacek and like 3 notches better on offense. People are too obsessed with Kaberle's contract since a few in the media called it a bad trade. These are the same folks that complained PG didn't give Hamrlik a 2 year deal.

Must've missed the playoffs where Spacek was a rock for us.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:43 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaabs View Post
We played him on the wrong side for the 2 1/2 years he was here. Can't really blame him for being glad that he's finally gone.

According to Dave Stubbs' Twitter account, Kirk Muller was never shown on the big screen so the fans were never given a chance to cheer.
"@habsinsideout1 Too torched to tweet. More in the morning. #Habs couldn't show Muller for 1 second on scoreboard? That's bush"

Kaberle just did everything wrong on that powerplay. Doesn't try to hold the line, then he turns the puck over, and finally he does his best impression of Dion Phaneuf or a pylon and watches Staal go around him. The team just quit after that.
Wrong. The first year yes, but not last year, nor this season when Markov was gone.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:49 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
And the fans are upset because he is right?

I was so disapointed last night... I was clinging to the belief we could make it if Ottawa, Washington and Toronto kept losing, but after losing to the canes, let them catch us and drop to the bottom 3 please. I'm
so bipolar because of the Habs this year!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:51 PM
habitue*

Winning the game last night was crucial. Not only because of the two precious points, not only because it would had been a 5th win in a row, but also because the team would had reached back the psychological .500 mark. + Carolina had came back in a game only ONCE (or never ?) throughout the whole year after trailing after 2 periods.

I am sick and tired to see ex-Habs coming and wiping their feet at the Bell (Halak, Muller, Spacek, Hamrlik...) and winning key games.

This team is very weak mentally with too few leaders and a very average d-men corp. I am sorry, but Price should had done more this year to really make the difference, especially when the team had a lead or is going in SO.

How come they are barely playing .500 hockey at home ? They are one of the worst in the whole league for that. Lack of courage ? Lack of stamina ? Lack of leadership ?
Lack of good coaching and good game plans ? Lack of size on D and on the wings for most part of the year ? Lack of focus by the goalies at key moments of the game ? Or simply overall lack of talent ? Lack of confidence for sure.

It's been a long, painful rollercoaster ride. And I hope it's gonna finish soon. Because, as many other fans, I'M gonna vomit for sure.

There are ways to loose games, but Habs have found the worst ways to do so, this season.

Last edited by habitue*: 02-14-2012 at 02:06 PM.